“Great value and with bugs” 3 of 5 stars

Phi Phi October Guest House
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   90 Moo 7, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #81 of 101 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great value and with bugs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I agree that rooms are not small, not big, and there is AC, fridge. But we have been bite by bugs every night, and the rooms are really not clean. The bathroom also. And you hear everything from everywhere. Location is really fine, 10 minutes from small beaches (not the main with all the ships).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kyleakin, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Been traveling Southeast Asia for 3 months and this is by far the worst place of all !!! The staff don't even deserve a 1 out of 5 , asked of they had wireless they replied no !!! You pay 2 baht a minute , when I said I thought there was wireless I she looked like she was going to punch me , room small dirty and roasting , stay anywhere but here

• Stayed April 2013
Dunstable, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

So I went here after a luxurious stay in Railay.

Decided I wanted to go to Koh Phi Phi over the Xmas period as i imagined it would be mind blowing.

So, we finally arrived here and basically it was an internet cafe. After realising this, we checked in to the 'hotel' after asking the worlds most unfriendly staff (faces like thunder)

The room was tiny, the bathroom was old and worn with no use of hot shower (even after I requested over 5 times to get it sorted) the walls were paper thin and the fan didn't work.

I knew this place wan't going to be the best, but this place just took the biscuit and effectively ruined my Xmas 2012.

Thanks for ruining my experience of Koh Phi Phi October guesthouse

Room Tip: I would prefer to sleep on the beach for a week instead
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hi. I spent there one night room was so small you could just put a bag and open , shower not working, no toilet paper, no towels provided. Staff extremely unpolitle seems like they don"t care you are them guest. There is no wifi connection so you have to use them computer in the reception and pay for it. Is located on the middle off busy street. Party going on till 5am so hard to go sleep. I also like party but If you need to sleep because you tired no chance. Reception is close after midnight so you have to carry key to hotel room with you and if loose you have to pay 1000 bat charge that's rip off. To get to the room you have to walk by a a lot of stairs and they don't have somebody to help you with carry the bag. Is do dirty , I don't even know if they change sheets every day . In general I wouldn't recommend to stay there . There is many option in the island to find better hotel for cheaper money .

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had heard that staying on Phi Phi was taking a gamble and to make certain that you had a reservation. Booked this one on Agoda to make certain I had something, I really wasn't into sleeping on the beach. I did book purely on price as I was on a budget for the month, and Phi Phi is higher priced than anywhere else I stayed in Thailand. Well...I would pay a bit more the next time around or skip Phi Phi altogether and just take a boat trip here. Loud island full of drunk 20-somethings. Would have been awesome 25 years ago for me, but I am well past wanting to hang in a bar until dawn.

Check in - had to wait for the rooms as I arrive early - hotel happily stored luggage. I walked all over the island, had some breakfast, and returned. Booked a boat cruise through the hotel - very easy. Then checked into the room. Ummm... wow - was my first thought. I paid about $50 USD a night, and I was instantly shocked at the state of the room. Dirty, grungy, mould, and hair that wasn't mine all over the bathroom. The shower unit smelled as though it was going to blow up and burn the place down - turned it off always when I wasn't there.

As in other reviews - loud music all night, you felt like you were sleeping on the dancefloor. Night two, I ventured out as late as I could - I figured if I can't sleep I might as well join in.

Do a bit of research and stay somewhere else. I booked a sea view room, and honestly could not see any water to save myself. I don't like to complain on tripadvisor, but it was truly bad. They did keep my luggage for me on departure day. Not to much english speaking staff, so be patient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated in the heart of Ko Phi Phi Don village, where pumping music and screaming drunks party until at least 5am. We could still hear noise through our ear plugs. The village itself is filthy and noisy. Humanity has totally destroyed this place!
The room itself was absolutely filthy! Brown walls, floors, stained bed sheets. We didn't even get a sheet to sleep under and the towels smelt sour.

• Stayed January 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We were a bit disappointed when we first arrived to see the size of our room. We could barely fit both of our backpacks in it, and there was simply no place to move. The bathroom was gross - the toilet leaked out the top and wouldn't flush. It's right by the bars and busy restaurants so the noise carries on outside until early in the morning. The staff weren't very helpful and I found them a bit rude. No wifi! But if you're just looking for a bed to sleep in that's a 3 min walk to the beach, will probably work fine!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Phi Phi October Guest House? Share your experiences!