“Birthday meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here for my birthday. We booked in advance and had a great table reserved for us with amazing views of the sunset. The manager and the staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. We were collected at the bottom of the hill and got a bus to the top. There was live music and the band sang happy birthday to me! We had the smoked salmon and chicken satay starters and both had the southern crab curry for main course - and the food was excellent. You can choose the level of spice according to your personal tastes. We had the hilltop sunset cocktails which were very nice. Everything was reasonably priced.

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
“beautiful seaviews, fine thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

How should I describe the restaurant? Great seaviews, great thai food and a friendly service for a cheap price (compared to western prices). During our stay in Ao Nang we went two times to the restaurant. Thanks to the pick-up service it is easy to acceed. By scooter it is quiet hard! We drunk some good cocktails in the sofa's and ate at a nice table outside. Curry's were delicious, the portion of the fried rice a but to small but the taste was good. Absolutely the first restaurant we'll go to the next time we're in Krabi!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Will never forget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Well.... this restaurant is amazing.

The shuttle taxi to the top was excellent and very grateful as it would have been one hell of a walk.

The view is fantasic and a must to get there for sunset.

The food and service was excellent. The entertainment was very good as well.

The highlight for me was how excellent the staff were to help my now fiance propose. They arranged for us to have cocktails on their table set up for photos on the edge of the hill, very piture esque and excellent location for the proposals. One of the happiest nights of my life both before and especially after the proposal.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok
“Dinner with a spectacular setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was on a trip with some friends and stayed nearby to The Hilltop. We were there at around 5:30pm and managed to catch the sunset. The Hilltop is probably the best place in Krabi to see the sunset while also having a nice meal. The live music enhanced our experience as well while having dinner and drinks after sunset, playing a wide range of songs, whether it be international or Thai. A few tables got up to dance to the slow music, showing clearly how much they were enjoyin themselves. All in all, a perfect ambience to have dinner and enjoy Krabi's breathtaking scenery!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best restaurant for sunset dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This restaurant located at the hill top. I reserved a table with them a week before I go. I wish to get a quiet seat n best view for the sunset dinner because I wanna give a surprise to my boyfriend for his birthday. The best time for enjoy the sunset time is 5:45-6:30pm. All the dishes we order was so delicious. We have tried their Tom yum soup, duck in the hilltop style, stir fried morning glory, and the grilled lobster, everything was in well present and yummy~ After the dinner, the live band singer come to our table n present my boyfriend a birthday song n a dessert with candle... He was so surprised n enjoyed that moment. Ivan, the manager of the restaurant suggested to do it when I make the reservation thru email, I appreciated his arrangement for us. The price for the food are higher than others but its worth, the sunset view and their service of the restaurant --> perfect! ** their have free shuttle bus to take you from your hotel and return.

Visited October 2013