“Big Rooms and Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #12 of 88 Hotels in Ao Nang
Bangalore
“Big Rooms and Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Pros:
Big Rooms
Close to restaurants
Big Swimming pool
Nice Service
Friendly Staff
Clean bathrooms
Good room service
Close to beach
Good breakfast buffet

Cons:
Little bit of painting work required in few places
Bit far from airport

Room Tip: Book well in advance to avail discounts
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Vinay K,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of the resort and on behalf of the team we are so happy that you had a wonderful stay. I have noted on the paint work and will be sure to follow up by myself to gets it done immediately.

Our team work hard to ensure everyone is happy and glad we were able to meet all you need and thank you for the review again and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed in Vogue Resort from 19 to 22nd Sept 2013 with my friend. We supposedly check-in at 14.00 but due to some problem, we have to check-in earlier. I was so pleased with all the staffs especially the receptionist. She was so humble and always give a smile to any guests. The accommodation was superb and awesome. With the price that we payed, I can't ask for more. Vogue Resort location also amongst the strategic. Everything is located within walking distance. I have no problem with that. After all, I am so happy with this hotel. For sure, I will come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor is the most strategic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Tommey89,

Thank you for creating the review of the resort and also it was pleasure to read that you and your friend had a lovely stay with us and thank you so much to have your 1st review in TripAdvisor with our resort.

The team has a great deal of energy and pride to take a care of the guests and I can assure you we continue to get better and better and certain the next time you return we will exceed your experience once again.

I hope that we will see you back again soon at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang and if there is anything at all in the meantime which I can be of assistant, please feel free to contact me directly any time.

Warm wishes from Vogue Resort & Spa Team

Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

You arrive to staff who are extremely attentive and welcoming, the rooms are pleasant, with beautiful gardens around a really nice pool area. The breakfast is great, but..
The Noise! – It's just too much, we couldn't handle one more night of incredibly bad karaoke singers destroying songs until the small hours of the morning, every single night without break. (Or the hotel staff leaf blowing at 10pm and later?) If you value your sleep, go elsewhere, or break out those heavy duty ear plugs.
The Vogue is nicely located, it's close to the beach, and there is some great food around the place, (a lot of the restaurants are incredibly unfriendly, no matter how much of a smile you put on, guess they are just sick of tourists? – However, if you are staying at the Vogue, the Massaman restaurant is 1 minute walk away from the hotel, and a complete treat, great food, great prices)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Sawasdee 2morebags,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that you had such enjoyable and memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only the room, the view, the pool, the breakfast, the location of the hotel and in particular the extremely attentive service from our team member is well received and I had already shared your comments with the team.

My apologies on your experience regarding the noise during the night from a coconut bar across the road. The owner of the bar has agreed to stop playing the band at Mid-Night but some night still playing over. I will make sure on continue working with the Krabi Government office for controlling the bar to stop according time has been made.

Do not hesitate to contact me at any time when planning your next trip to Ao Nang, I will personally ensure you have another great stay with us.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights for a short getaway. Basically nothing much to complain about but there are still room for improvements.

First I am gonna start off with the basic - They have almost everything except for toothbrush set. As unbelievably as it might be, they actually missed out the most essential detail for me. I usually don't bother with the toothbrush but the toothpaste. So my partner and I was aghast when we couldn't find toothpaste in the morning when we were about to brush our teeth. We had to use our rinse in the end and get the supply from a nearby store instead.

Secondly, their continental breakfast were boring even though it tasted okay. More Asian flavors than Thai in fact. Couldn't call it continental although they do have pancakes and pastries. But they could have expand their choice of dishes and introduce different selections everyday.

Thirdly, which wouldn't be their fault, is the mineral water they provided. I love the authentic bottle but it did not taste nice for me. It would have been perfect if they could provide better brand of mineral water.

Above is all the negative feeling I have for this resort. I believe it doesn't bother most people. So here are the positives - the room settings are awesome for couples, the spa service is pretty good, staff are polite and all smiley so general service is also good for me. The resort is set in the small layback Ao Nang town just 5-8 mins walk to the beach. Note that beach does not come with white sandy beach and crystal clear water. To get that, you have to travel out of this Krabi town, i.e. island hopping.

Food around town is generally quite okay except all the Tom Yum soup I had was different from what I've always known. Specially mentioning one western restaurant called Jenna's that serves fantastic cuisine (Italian or something, don't quite remember).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the forest are probably quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear doc_victory,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and contructive review and I am pleased to read that overall you and your partner had memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only the room, the spa service, the location of the hotel and in particular the friendly service from our team member is well received and I had already share your comments with the team.

My apologies on the experience regarding the toothbrush & the toothpaste, continental breakfast and the mineral water your had raised. I will make sure to follow by myself and continuo improving on those areas.

So thank you again for your recommendation and I do hope you will contact me personally to arranging your return to Vogue Resort & Spa soon.

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days and it was a great relaxing experience. The resort has a swimming pool, fitness center, restaurant and spa. All of them are nice. Spa is little on the expensive side but if you have any special requirements while taking a massage this is a very good place. Otherwise you have many places around the hotel where you can get a good massage for lesser price. Its at a walkable distance from beach and some nice restaurants. The complimentary breakfast at the restaurant was something we looked forward to. It had a very good variety of food especially we could try out lots of famous thai fruits here.

The rooms are spacious and very well maintained. The only problem is the door between neighboring room. Though neither side can open the door it causes some privacy issues. We were two couples traveling together and had neighboring rooms with a door in between, so we didnt find it much of a problem. But if you have noisy unknown neighbors then you are sure to have trouble.

Dear kvasanta,

Thank you very much for taking the time to do a review of the resort and on behalf of the team we are so happy you had a wonderful stay. I also very pleased that you enjoyed the Pool, Breakfast, the room and particularly the location of the hotel is well received and I had already shared to all team member.

I am also pleased that you took some time on enjoy Spa treatment at our Signature Chaonang Thai Traditional Spa. I agreed there a lot of cheap Spa in Ao Nang which just outside of the hotel but as your had experience we got a good of selection of Spa treatment from Traditional Thai Massage, Aromatherapy, Swedish, Body wraps, Facial treatment and Spa package. At our Spa we employ highly skilled therapists who have been specially trained in well-known spa academies throughout Thailand to ensuring that you are in the best hands possible.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is a prime example of where tourists should do their research before booking. First of all one needs to understand that Vogue Spa Resort is built on the side of a very steep hillside and the configuration of buildings follow the lie of the terrain. When we booked we explained that as we were no longer spring chickens we requested a room with relative easy access. The best the hotel could do was to put us on the second floor of the first building which in relation to lots of other rooms was indeed relatively easier to get to. However from the reception, which in its self was a serious hike from street level, it require the negotiation of six flights of stairs and sixty nine steps to arrive at our door. Ok once, but if one does it four times a day it becomes a health risk for us oldies.

The room was clean and well presented but a little small by Thai resort standards with limited storage space for clothes. Bathroom was tiny but water pressure was excellent. Bed was king size and comfortable. The big plus was the balcony which was big enough to fit two comfortable chairs and a table, and because of the terrain, sitting out there gave an impression of being halfway up in the canopy of an Eco resort. The pool, which from a distance looked to be smaller than most but nicely situated with typical tropical gardens, was so far below us that the thought of making the downward journey was more that we could manage to contemplate.

Breakfast was a limited buffet offering a choice of western or Thai food. I'm afraid I might have upset the egg station chef by asking for my fried eggs to be freshly cooked rather than accepting the somewhat congealed pre cooked examples in the warming tray next door. The staff at breakfast were friendly and eager to please but this was very much negated by the fact that every table cloth in the entire restaurant was quite heavily stained with food spillage. After breakfast I spoke with the hotel manager about this and she claims there was a big group of diners who ate earlier. They must have been extremely messy eaters. Incidentally the hotel had hosted an annual party for their staff the night before. We made our own conclusions.

Ao Nang itself is a seaside town that is predominately one wide main road leading down to what claims to be a beach, not a particularly attractive one. It is lined with a mixture of restaurants, bars, souvenir shops, massage establishments and travel agents. All seemed to be expensive by Thai standards except the massages, which per medium of competition were somewhat lower than many other towns. I think in the high season the nightlife would appeal greatly to the party animals amongst us and I guess the same energetic group would manage the Vogue Resort steps. If you are reading this with view to staying, please beware of the physical requirements, it has some pluses but also many minuses. We had originally booked for six nights but admitted defeat after two and headed elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Daisypur,

I would like to start off by sincerely apologising for your recent stay with us. While it’s great that you appreciated the room cleanliness, bed, bath room water pressure, the balcony and particular the friendliness service from our staff but it was disheartening to read that you were let down by some of hotel physical issues, Ao Nang beach and hotel location during the raining season.

Regarding the step, the resort is located on a hillside, and yes, we do not have any elevator in the resort at the moment. So for those who prefer the view, rather that access, I would recommend the Premier Deluxe Rooms at the top of our hillside. If guest prefer no step, we have rooms located in the Superior Room category without a single step to enter the room.

My apologies on the 2nd day of your breakfast experience which we got 120 guests from one of the group took the breakfast before heading on Island excursion, but this should be not the case my F&B team must replacing the table cloth or offering you the table in our tropical garden. I had briefed my F&B Manager on making sure that the table impeccable standard must follow before seating the guests.

On the points that your raised regarding the Ao Nang beach, actually Ao Nang/Krabi is one of the nice white sandy beach in Thailand; Railay, Phra Nang, Koh Kai, Koh Poda and Ao Nang beach, but some of the beach need to take the longboat and during monsoon season it depending on the weather condition.

As your experiences are central to our operations, I am more than happy to discuss your stay with you further. Please feel free to contact me through TripAdvisor’s Private Messages or by email at any time; (phusit.p@vogueresort.com).

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We just stayed at the Vouge for 7 nights. It was such a pleasant experience. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The pool is clean and plenty of towels and desk chairs. Breakfast was amasing. The rooms were a good size and very clean. We got interconnecting rooms and the giant bed they made up for the three kids was awesome! We loved every minute at the Vogue and did not want to leave. If given the chance to go to Ao Nang again I will definitely stay at the Vogue. I am telling all my friend about the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Lotta G,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that your whole family had such enjoyable and memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room, the swimming pool, the breakfast and in particular friendliness service from our team member well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Again thank for your kind word regarding the service and the friendliness you’re received from our staff team member. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that the team member went above and beyond to make you had a great stay.

Please stay in touch when you are planning your next visit, I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements.

Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Been to Vogue Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!