“Nice hotel, lovely rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Exclusive: Free Night
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Ao Nang
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Nice hotel, lovely rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here a couple times over a 2 week period. The hotel and staff were really quite nice. Good food from the menu, although the breakfast was just average. Good pool, but busy while we were there.

However, the rooms are fantastic. They really have that 'spa' feel. Spacious, nice balcony, comfy bed, good bathroom.

Walk out of the hotel and you are on a street with lots of tourist shops and restaurants. Walk 5 or 10 minutes down to the beach. Tuk tuks easy to find outside.

We'd go back.

Room Tip: The rooms above the ground floor are considerably bigger and nicer.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest (n e)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. It's alway great to know when we get things right. Yes our Chaonang Spa's Unique Thai Traditional Spa is one of the best Spa in Ao Nang.

Ao Nang area with its collection of restaurant, bar and shopping is a fun experience only a few minute's walk from the resort.

So thank you again for you recommendation and I do hope you will contact me personally on your next visit to our Resort and Ao Nang.

Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at vogue for 10 nights. This was our second time here. We had a superior room which was really nice. Great size, very clean, tea coffee toiletries beach towel and pool bag. We decided to return here because we knew the rooms are nice, as is the pool, as are the staff but alot apparently changes in a year! It started badly with four emails going unanswered by the hotel/ oam group. The pool is still nice but on day 3 of our stay the water seemed murky and continued to get worse as days went on. A week later and the water resembled pond sludge and the broken pump/ filter still hadn't been fixed. The pool area had lots of leaves etc that were rarely swept and when the grounds men did sweep them lots of muddy boot prints were left in there place and were still there two days later. Not what you want to walk over when you get out of the pool!
What really let us down was the staff. They just seemed to not care anymore. At check in the lasy grabbed my passport then disappears not a word. She did return with two glasses of drink that I think was ment as a welcome but did not feel welcoming. Eventually we checked in and she was to show us to our room. I didnt expect this tiny lady to carry my bag or offer to but the young lads milling around could have but instead they just watched us both carry them ourselves. After a day of staying we enquired as to the possibility of extending our stay. 4 staff members including a manager at the desk, not a single one asked us by how long or when we were due to check out etc, no one checked the system just replied no fully booked. They may well have been and that is not an issue but the disinterest and rudeness of the staff and their manner made me pleased they said no! The guy tues-sun at the pool bar has forgotten how to smile but served the mediocre and expensive food efficiently. The guys at the pool bar on the Monday were to busy mucking around to get any orders right, made hideous tasting smoothies and then couldn't do the math to add service (what service?!) and tax, I had to use the calculator and show them myself! Then when I tried to pay cash he said "no change just sign" because he didn't want to find me some change. 11 days we were at this hotel and only two members of staff said a greeting to us, even if we greeted them we didn't get anything from the staff. I witnessed on a number of occasions that not all guests were treated this way and I witnessed some fantastic hospitality toward others. For some reason we did not qualify for this and that had left an awful bitter taste. For the price we recieved a nice room but no service, a broken pool and a 10 day break that we endured instead of enjoyed! My advice is the mercure deevana, we are paying the same price per night includes breakfast and top notch service don't bother with vogue.

• Stayed March 2013
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Ms. Catherine Fell,

Greeting from Ao Nang and Thank you very much for taking time to write a report .Our top priority is our guests satisfaction and we always feel disheartened when guests feel left down by our service. Please accept our sincere apologies that your 2nd experience at the resort did not meet your expectation.

There was frequently electric malfuntion in Ao Nang area in the last one week which made one of our Pool water circulate pump broken. We were carry pool water test 3 times per days to making sure the water quality is in standard but of course the color of pool water was slightly drop and did not clearing as it should be. Its is very well possible that the murky water your were referring was caused by sunblock lotion rising off on the water in the late afternoon.

All emails received by the resort are returned in a timely manner. We aim to respond to our guests within 24 hours of receipt of the mail. I find it alarming that your emails; 4, went unanswerd. Not knowing which emails address you were sent the emails to, I was informed my IT to follow and ensure email are not being lost.

On the points that staff not caring, I find this greatly upsetting. Vogue Resort prides itself on high service standard it provides its guests. Staff are service minded and regularly go through training on how to deliver the WOW factor. I will address this concern with all department Manager, especially those in the Front Office and Food & Beverage.

Your request to extend stay, Since the hotel is fully booked on 23-25 March we could not offer you to extend the stay and it was come out automatically once you asked the front desk staff. You are right we should have asked some more information and it should be other way around to say no instead of saying "No" please leave this with me, I will take this more serious on the training together with my Front Office Manager. Also the guest arrival experience must more welcoming.

On the food product standard, Food and drink are prepared accoding to a set standard. Staff are expected to follow these standard in order to deliver a consistent product. I will address this concern with my Food & Beverage Manager.

Ms. Fell, while I know we didn't manage to impress on this occasion, I thank you for your kind feedback and I do hope we may have the opportunity to serve you better should you decide to visit us again.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had a fantastic time staying in this hotel. Our room was sooo big and so nice!!! Really good view down on to the pool for paying on a little extra (really worth it!).

We stayed for 5 nights - wish it had been longer!

Friendly staff but not great English! The guy by the pool wasn't very helpful though.

I am veggie and when my food came out with meat in it they were very happy to change it.

Bad note - lots of German's who put their towels down very early in the morning. There wasn't enough sun loungers to be honest.

Oh and sometimes you could hear noise from the street at night - but it wasn't too bad.

Went on a really nice day trip with them and elephant treking - the tour group was very good and it was only a small group.

If I went back to Ao Nang I'd definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Upgrade its definitely worth it - but there are a lot of stairs!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sawasdee Cazz3212,

On behalf of the team we thank you very much for your kind sharing about your experience.
It seem you had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the overall experience including everythings from the room, the view, swimming pool and friendly staff service.

We have taken note on the points that some guest reserved the sunloungers by early morning and staff English communication ability.

We look forward to welcome you again at the Ao Nang Vogue Resort & Spa soonest.

Warm wishes from Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang,

Rio de Janeiro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We spent 4 nights at Tubkaak beach and as we had planned to do one tour to the islands everyday we didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel.
We booked the honeymoon deluxe room; very decent room with plenty space including a nice balcony with a jacuzzi. The bathroom was nice, although I think the shower could be a little bigger given the size of it.
Breakfast was really good with all different options of fruits, breads and juices. The sunset lounge, probably where we spent more time, was great; beautiful sunset with good drinks and nice live music. The pools are nice and some have water jets, good to relax. The hotel has a lot of families so, if you are looking for some relaxing and quiet moment by the pool you may be surprised by kids playing around.
The only restaurant we had dinner at the hotel was the Italian one, where is also the sunset lounge, very good food. The other nights we went to the cities near the hotel.
The staff was very helpful, setting up all tours and transportation for us, including the transportation back to Phuket.

• Stayed March 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the Vogue Resort and Spa with my boyfriend for 6 nights in November 2012.

We booked a deluxe room and I requested a seaview, which was kindly accomodated. I think we were 3 floors up and the view really was spectacular, and we spent many hours chilling on the balcony looking at the lush greenery, sea and islands in front of us. Aside from the great view the room was also very nice and had everything we wanted/needed.

The hotel itself has a really nice feel to it with the Thai style architecture, lovely pool area and tropical gardens. Some amazing sounds came from the frogs in the gardens on an evening! We were also really lucky to see the huge Monitor Lizard on a tree right in front of our balcony. I think this made the stay for my boyfriend.

There was plenty of choice for breakfast in the restaurant, from continental, English and Asian options, so I think you would have to be really fussy to be stuck for something to eat. I particularly enjoyed the fresh bread that I could cut myself and the little brownie cakes :)

All of the staff at the Vogue made us feel very welcome - from the reception staff, through to the bar and restaurant staff. If we returned to Ao Nang, I would certainly be happy to stay at the Vogue.

A lot of people on here have complained about the lack of a lift, and the noise coming from the bar over the road. The lack of lift did not pose any problems to us at all, and the music from the bar over the road did not go on too late so was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe seaview if you don't mind having to walk up a couple of flights of stairs
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Nicaboka,

Greeting from Vogue Resort & Spa and thank you very much for your kind word of your recent stay last November. We are delighted that you had a great time and enjoyed with our Thai Boutique resort on a lush greenery hillside.

I am also particulary pleased that you also spend a lot of time on chilling out and enjoyed the view from our large bacony of Premier Deluxe and Yes, very oftten the water lizard came dowm from the mountain to get sunshine on the tree that possibly seeing from the balcony.

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon and impress once again.

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

When we arrived and started to unpack, we just kept spotting and swatting mosquitos. We thought we were on top of them, but after a couple of bites, just had to grab some stuff, and evacuate to the pool. Sprayed the room, and waited an hour before we could go back in because of the fumes. If this is a problem the rooms should be sprayed before guests check in, not after they're bitten :-(

Apart from that the room was nice, tea and coffee making facilities, lovely bathroom. Pool was nice too, not too busy, and with a view of the cliffs in the distance.

We didn't have breakfast here as it seemed expensive, and there was a Starbucks quite near to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear adam_and_amy_drew,

Thank you very much for your glowing comments about your recent visit Vogue Resort & Spa.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences of the mosquitos in your room on your arriving day. Yes my room maid should sprayed before your checking-in.

The action has been taking which the checklist has settle for all my room maid to double check before their left after the room has cleaned and spraying if mosquitos found in the rooms.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed in room coffee & tea facilities, bath room and our swimming pool.

Do not hesitate to contact me at anytime when planning your next trip to Ao Nang, I will personally ensure you have another great stay with us.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our stay here was awesome! Strategic location, convenience to nearby restaurants, shops, 24-hrs access to McDonald's & 7-11 if you need a quick bite at night. Due to the location, we felt safe in the middle of the night.

Staff were very friendly & helpful especially the front office manager Theerawut Jantarathip.

Though we were hoping that they could have provided basic toiletries like toothbrush & toothpaste but that didn't bother us so much.

As a hotelier myself, I'll definitely recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: If you're celebrating an anniversary, request for a honeymoon set-up with an additional charge...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Massimo_Eliza,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and glad that you had a great time and would recommend the resort to your friend and family.

Vogue Resot & Spa is definitely a wonderful spot in Middle of Action and Khun Theerawut my Front Office Manager very excited to know your had a great stay here with us.

We have taken note of your feedback and will use your points to continue to improve and thank you again.

Warm wishes from Vogue Resort & Spa Team

Vogue resort & Spa Ao Nang

Been to Vogue Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!