Well after reading both good & bad reviews & worrying that the renovations wouldn't be finished by the time we got there I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at 9pm after a very long day of travelling.
We were lucky enough to get a renovated room overlooking the Dolphin Pool which was on the ground floor in building 7 which is the building closest to the beach. You could see the water a little bit from our room but the rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floors would have had great water views.Although the room wasn't as large as I thought it would be it was big enough for my daughter & I.Everything was new including the large flat screen tv on the wall & the safe which I don't think had been used before as it was quite stiff.
The resort itself is really big, the gardens were lovely with the ponds & bridges, the 2 pools were great, the water temperature was just right & we NEVER had a problem getting a sun lounge any time of day even though it was high season.
The breakfast had a good variety to choose from, both hot & cold food. We had dinner at the restaurant one night sitting outside under the stars & the food was good though a little bit expensive. The new restaurant never seemed to have anyone eating there, maybe that was too expensive, didn't look at the prices there.
The staff were always helpful & friendly & when you needed something you got it straight away.
We had 3 massages at the resort by the always smiling Thai girls which were the same price as the ones on the beach so we didn't bother to walk down there.
The resort is in a great position it is so close to the beach, only a small road (really only a walkway actually as hardly any cars use it as it is a deadend) separates it from the beach.The shops & restaurants are right at your door & so are the longtail boats.
We also made a phone call to Australia & it only cost 66baht for 5 minutes, much cheaper than the call we made from our resort in Phuket which cost us 526baht for 15 minutes!
Overall we loved this resort & will definitely stay here next time we come back, hopefully next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aonang Villa Resort, the stimulating destination situated on the unspoiled natural scenery by soaring limestone cliffs and lovely tropical environment, as well as just minutes away from lively shopping and restaurant district of Aonang Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Aonang Villa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Villa Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Hotel Krabi
- Aonang Resort Krabi
- Ao Nang Villa Resort
- Aonang Villa Resort Krabi/Ao Nang