“Nice Hotel in the Heart of Ao Nang” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aonang Villa Resort

Save Saved
You added Aonang Villa Resort to your Saves list
Aonang Villa Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   113 Moo 2 | Aonang Beach, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
THB2,220 (THB)
Ranked #12 of 84 hotels in Ao Nang
“Nice Hotel in the Heart of Ao Nang”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed there for my honeymoon in Feb, 2013...Lovely property with ever so helpful staff...Excellent location if u want to be in the centre of all the action...Proximity to the pier, restaurants, shops...U come on to the main street and find Seven/Eleven where u get all the basic stuff at reasonable price...
Staff at the concierge always greeted us with a smile...Room service was quick...
Swimming pools are well maintained and surrounded by cliffs makes the setting perfect.

Only disadvantage we faced was lack of vegetarian food for breakfast...We being strictly vegetarian, had very few choices at the breakfast.

Overall, I would highly recommend this property to anyone going to Krabi.

Room Tip: Upgrade yourself to a sea view room...You wont regret spending those extra bucks
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear atish87

Thank you for your stay and your overall positive review. Your positive remarks for our resort location are greatly appreciated. This certainly helps other travelers to make their trip pleasant. I noted your comment about the vegetarian food for breakfast and will look into the detail with our executive chef for future implementation.

Also, I will be delighted to share your compliments with my team regarding to the attentiveness of our team. Once again thank you for your review and we hope there will be another opportunity to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

583 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Sandown, Isle of Wight
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed in a Grand Superior room and it was very large and comfortable, with a view over back swimming pool-excellent. Staff were all very friendly and helpful, particularly reception staff. Hotel is ideally located just off the beach and very quiet, yet less than a minutes walk from the hustle and bustle of Aonang. Great swimming pool but suffered from usual towels being put on sunbeds in early morning - this really irritates- maybe one day they should be removed!! Chinese new year buffet was excellent. All in all a great location for beach,swimming off the beach, catching longtail boats, trips, walking to shops and restaurants. Aonang itself did get very busy for the last week with lots of families arriving.
Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear peterhaynes

I am very pleased to read your review and to learn that you have enjoy your stay and satisfied with the room at our resort, particularly the convenience location, and complimentary of the attentiveness of our reception team, I will be delight to share your feedback to the team.

I have also taken note on your feedback regarding the pre-reserved sun lounges in the morning, due to the recent feedback from our guests expressing their concern, we then re-enforce our sun lounge policy in order to ensure a pleasant holiday for our guests.

Again thank you for positive review, and hope we would have a chance to welcome you back in the near future.

chorley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

On arrival the reception staff were really helpful and friendly. Our room was huge with a 6ft wide bed and beautiful bathroom and balcony with a view over the back swimming pool and the limestone Karsts. The hotel looks out at the front over the quiet part of the promenade and a narrow beach but it is not advisable to swim here as the longtail boats have left a scum on the water there.If you like beaches then move further down nearer to the last fisherman bar or walk or get a tuk tuk to the Noppharet beach which is much quieter. The hotel was clean...we had our sheets and towels changed daily . The breakfast was typical buffet style with an omlette station. There are quiet bars in the hotel a spa and a massage parlour near to the beach swimming pool. We were there over Chinese New Year when the hotel was busy. Sunbeds were a problem if you get up later than 8 am as they were reserved by towels . Longtail boat rides are a must .Turn to the right on the prommenade and book at the booking office there. Most have good life jackets but check before you get in cos the odd ones dont. The main street in Ao Nang is very commercialised with touristy shops/tailors/massage parlours/Mc Donalds/ ATm's /bars and restaurants but this hotel is around the corner from all this and is therefore quiet.Great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the back pool /These are quieter and have lovely views.Block 3 is the bes...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear ChorleyWiggy

Thank you for the values reviews this certainly helps other travelers to make their trip easier and pleasant. I appreciate your positive review especially your appreciation for our room, the peaceful nature around the resort. As you mentions our resort is just step from the soft sand of Aonang Beach, minutes from the departure point for local boats to surrounding beaches and neighboring islands, as well as easy walking distance of shops, café restaurants and bars.

Refer to your feedback the attentiveness of our reception team and the room cleanliness, it is always a very positive sign for me, as this truly sets our resort apart from the others, and I will be delighted to share your compliments with my team.

Your feedback regarding the pre-reserved sun lounges in the morning, due to the recent feedback from our guests expressing their concern, we then re-enforce our sun lounge policy in order to ensure a pleasant holiday for our guests.

I thank you once again for your and hope there will be another time to welcome you back again.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Flight: Paid a bit extra to travel with Emirates again via Glasgow, well worth it and we arrived reasonably relaxed after the long flight.

Hotel: Excellent, one of the best locations in Ao Nang, AT the centre of things but not IN the centre of things. Easy accesses to shops, restaurants, transport etc and faces right onto the beach. Hotel amenities are good, clean and in keeping with its grade and description. Staffs are knowledgeable, welcoming, professional and discreet.

Food: Like many, we ate out mostly, Ao Nang features a wide and varied selection of restaurants and eateries and the highly rated (justifiably) ‘Street Food’. The Night Market in Krabi Town is a must see, not just for the food but the varied entertainment and authentic Thai crafts, a local shopping experience.

Resort and Krabi Area: We have been to Krabi Province previously but this time saw a dramatic change – far more commercialised but as always, the people are delightful, welcoming and tolerant. If you are seeking idyllic, quiet beaches as depicted in the film The Beach, you will be disappointed. They are still there but you will be sharing them with several hundred others. Otherwise, long-tail boats are cheap, fun and scheduled services run regularly along the coast.
Other than commercially provided activities, there is little to do other than the local boat trips. If you like canoeing, it is worth renting a kayak from nearby Railay Bay and paddle around the stunning limestone cliffs, maybe catch the rock climbers attempting some of the world famous routes. NB – do not be tempted to rent from the chap at the Southern end of Ao Nang beach (beyond The Last Fisherman Bar), his boats are poorly maintained, the life jackets are in poor condition and has a biased interpretation of what constitutes a ‘one hour’ hire. Noppharet Thara pier/beach and national park are quiet and worth exploring.

Best value for money is still a Traditional Thai Massage, competition is tough and prices low. However “caveat emptor”, the quality, skill and qualifications vary dramatically and price is not always an indicator of either. If everyone who claims to have trained at the Wat Po Temple in Bankok has – it must be the size of a small town. After trial and error I stuck with the I’M Tak Krabi Beauty Centre, sited opposite McDonalds sign on the main inland road – looks small from the outside but houses a large air conditioned interior. Girls, don’t always take the easy option of a western style oil massage, great though it is, you can’t go to Thailand without experiencing a traditional Thai massage. Done well, it is invigorating and your body will thank you.

Like the rest of the world, as a holiday destination Thailand is changing, but the pluses still outweigh the minuses and we shall continue to enjoy its diversity.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TwaCorbies

Thank you for your stay with us, and taking the time to write this review and share your holiday experience with other travelers on this platform. You positive remarks for our resort location are greatly appreciated. It is indeed a seclude hidden paradise ideal for those who wish to escape for a while but still convenience as just minutes away from lively shopping and restaurant district of Aonang Beach.

The night market as mentioned is weekend walking street for those who would like to explore Krabi’s culture. Also, thank you for your recommendation to other travelers not to missed ‘Thai Traditional massage’ I totally agree with your view.

With your mention about ‘Wat Pho’ let me share some more information on this, ‘Wat Pho’ or the official name is ‘Wat Pra Chetuphon Vimolmongklararam Rajwaramahaviharn’ located in Bangkok is a first grade royal monastery, regarded as the most important one during the reign of King Rama I of the Chakri Dynasty. It opened Thai Traditional Medical School for those who interested to have knowledge of Thai Traditional Massage with difference classes start from 30 hours session up to 200 hours session. ‘‘Wat Po Massage style’ is help to relieve muscular fatigue and plain. Reduce tension, headaches, and promote relaxation, and to stimulate the circulation of blood and lymphatic system.

Trip for traveler: In Thailand for those people who would like to work as therapist is require to completed massage courses at least 120 hrs to get certificate from Ministry of Public Health, for the hotel most of Therapist is request to finish at least 200 hrs and more with well train massage technical, this is make hotel spa different from local shop massage.

Herákleion, Iraklion, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I spent the last Christmas in this hotel with my wife and my two daughters aged 9. The hotel location is great, but next to the beach and very close to shops and restaurants. The main pool is really great and the massage in the 2nd pool is a 'must', as you must not forget you are in Thailand. What was really disappointing was the breakfast. It was one of the worst breakfasts I have ever had. Also the staff in the restaurant looked tired even in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with sea view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dimitriscrete

Thank you for stay and taking the time to post the review. Your positive remarks for our resort location, and facilities are greatly appreciated. I have also taken note on breakfast opinion and have share to our Executive Chef to look into this matter and make the necessary improvement where require, we always welcome guests’ feedbacks for us to learn, improve and understand our guests’ needs.

During the high occupancy with festive events our members were staying late in the evening trying to achieved everyday guest satisfaction, this may case of look tied in the morning, however, I will bring your feedback to our team.

Thank you once again and hope there will be another opportunity to welcoming you and family back again.

www.aonangvilla.com
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed this hotel at the last new year holiday.
At first, my two friends booked via Agoda. and then, I requested to this hotel directly by email to add an extra-bed.

They accepted this request and show the price for extra bed.
After some days, about 1 week prior to visit this hotel, they showed risen price for extra bed again. In addition, about GALA dinner(3,200THB per person)
After negotiated with hotel I accepted GALA dinner cause many hotels have GALA dinner special night and must we have, even I will arrive this hotel at night time.

On the day when I arrived, reception personnel did not know about extra-bed for me and I had to show them the email interaction between reservation person and me and explain to them. from first.

After that extra-bed was set, but there are 2 towels for 2 person.
Towel and other amenities are prepared after calling to reception. but I had to call each time for each item.

Bad news does not end there, GALA dinner which cost is 3,200THB(about 100USD) are just general food-stalls in Thailand + α, plus excluding drinks. I live in Thailand and I know that price are.....(I know here is the hotel, but...)
We went to restaurant in late, there was not our table and they made our table by putting the table cloth on the table which seems it is for working at the edge of the room.

Atmosphere is good, nice 2 pools, massage space, spa and so on. Location is front of the beach and good too.
Every staff are smiling and friendly.

GALA dinner problem is the second, but the problem of extra-bed was terrible for me.
It might we were unlucky. but I hope improving your service quality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear naoko705_bkk

Sorry for late reply. Thank you for taking the time to write and share this detailed feedback on this platform. We are delighted to hear that overall you have enjoyed the hotel facilities and services.

Please accept my sincere apologized for all inconveniences caused you have experience upon arrival and at the gala dinner. This is certainly unacceptable for our hotel standard and thank you for bringing this up to our attention and I will investigated this issue further and rectify the issues to avoided same issue happen with other guests in future.

As always, we share your valuable feedback with our team for make the necessary improvement where require. Once again thank you for your comment and we hope to get another chance to welcome you to our resort.

Plettenbergbay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent hotel with great staff. The main pool was closed when we were there on our second day for what I take it to be a chlorine boost, but was fixed and ready again the following day.
We have been to Thailand twice and I must say that the food was not the greatest we have had. Our room was clean, linen fresh and very spaciouse!
Generaly well run resort with a lot to offer!

Room Tip: They have a big variety of different types of rooms, I would say you need to check their website for...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reinhard V

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience of temporary closing the swimming pool on your stay. As it is our duty to ensure we maintain a safety, healthy and comfortable environment. I have taken note on your opinion our food, and will share to our Executive Chef to look into this matter as we are value our guests comment.

We are glad to hear that overall you have enjoyed the hotel facilities and service, as well; it is always a very positive sign for me when a guest points out the positive attitude of our staffs, and I will be delighted to share your compliments with my team.

Thank you for taking time to review and feedback that would help us to improve our service. I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back again.

rm@aonangvilla.com

Been to Aonang Villa Resort? Share your experiences!