Lets start with the positives the hotel has a very nice cool looking reception, is centrally located in Ao Nang, and the staff are all lovely, very friendly and very willing to help. When checking we were given an iPad with all the details on the hotel and a means to order food which was a nice touch. Then came the disappointment with the room, we were told this used to be a backpacker place and sadly the transformations made do not justify the price at all.
The room was the last bungalow at the very top, inside it was not great, felt old and dated, mosquitos were in the room and took 3 minutes to start biting. The bed was hard and I could work the safe out. I will give them credit for trying to add style by having a nespresso machine with two free sachets, an ipod dock, a nice sized wall mounted TV. They tried painting purple strips around the room but failed to touch up the rest of it. Our bungalow had iron bars on the windows, making us feel more like inmates than guests and the bathroom was in desperate need of a revamp. It was definitely not what the pictures on their website advertised. The hotel sits right on the main street and next to centre point, which is all the bars and night clubs. I was woken several times by the thumping loud base music till well past 3am. The next morning we had no water pressure to take a shower, at the point we checked out by 9am. It was an okay hotel, definitely not worth the money paid for, at best it was a 3 star hotel, certainly not a resort. Pool was nice, with funky lighting and jungle scenery but pool bar closed by 7. Breakfast had to be the worst on this trip, no covers on food which had flies all over the selection. Over all we would not return and don't recommend staying at this hotel, if you are looking for a great location for the money spent. It was other reviews for this hotel that made me move here and are not an accurate portrayal of the experience I encountered.
- Also Known As:
- The l Resort Krabi Hotel
- The l Resort Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Wannas Place Andaman Sunset Hotel
- The L Resort Krabi Ao Nang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The L Resort Krabi is located in the Ao Nang Beach area of Krabi right in the middle of the town's main promenade with its restaurants, bars and shops. The beautiful beach of Ao Nang is also just in front of the hotel. This lifestyle property includes newly built deluxe rooms and suites, besides, the bungalows are renovated to a perfect synergy between nature and modern interior. Our bungalows are spacious and upgraded with all superior amenities such as 40" LED TVs, Air-condition, Full set of mini bar, Coffee Machine, Complimentary Wireless Internet Service, Safe and many more... The unique " L Resort " experience is completed with touch screen guest room controls in all Deluxe Room Type as well as a personal iPad in all Deluxe and Suite Room, which make possible for guests to order all days room service, Excursion booking, and many other services required. The hotel offers an outdoor pool with drinking quality water, as well as culinary highlight with its Thai-Swiss Restaurant " Wanna's Place Restaurant " offers breakfast in a buffet style and all days dining with Chef Recommendation " Speciality on Hot Stone " The L Resort with its style and unique experience will raise your expectations for future hotel to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The L Resort Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.