“Great Location and staff, clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The L Resort Krabi

You added The L Resort Krabi to your Saves list
The L Resort Krabi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 Moo 2, Ao Nang Beach, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand (Formerly Wanna's Place Andaman Sunset Resort)   |
Ranked #42 of 92 Hotels in Ao Nang
Sydney
“Great Location and staff, clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The L resort is in a fantsactic location and the staff are very caring and helpful and eager to assist.

I stayed in the lite bungalow and found them to be spacious, clean and comfortable and they also come with an Ipad for your convenience and the wifi is also speedy.

The pool area is nice and relaxing too.

The breakfast offered was sufficient with many choices.

Can highly recommend - I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

I did have a couple of minor issues..1 with aircond and 1 with hot water..both were fixed within 24hrs..so no major problem for me.

I didnt see the vague noise of bars in the evening to be a disturbace...if you have the TV on you dont hear it and when you turn it off the aircond (even though its not loud) drowns it out and its a vage distant noise of music which did not interupt my sleep at all on any given evening.

Happy holidays..

Donna
Qantas

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

From start to finish The L Resort was great! My reservation was taken promptly over the phone. As soon as I arrived at The L, I was pleased to see that the lobby area was exactly as the pictures on their website.

My first 3 nights was spent in one of the bungalows which I found cosy and clean,with a very comfortable bed.

My last 3 nights was then moved to one of the large rooms(due to availability).. I was blown away at how much space there was as well as the modern set up.
Again the bed was very comfortable!!
In my opinion this room can outshine quite a few of the large chain hotels!!

The L Resort is close the beach, shops, restaurants and bars. In house food is just as good! It is very handy if you can't be bothered going far.

I had a very relaxing time spending a lot it by the pool which gave you great views of lush greenery.

The service and hospitality of The L Resort had made my first time to Thailand a trip to remember!
I would happily recommend this place to anyone. And I certainly can't wait to go back to the friendly faces of the luxurious L Resort.

• Stayed November 2012
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Check in was good, location was Great.
Breakfast was good, it is adequate for a small resort, room advisable to take the larger room and above. We stayed at the lite bungalow for a night before heading to Phuket. Room was clean but the bathroom for the lite bungalow is not really what I expect. Everything was okay till we checked out

The surprise came when they lady at the reception mention FIRST
“pls sign your bill”
- room bill
- taxi bill
My Partner re-check and we had deal with our travel agent, which they had Paid Everything.
I mention that, we had paid everything, she said y’day taxi? I said we had paid full amount.

Scary? Yes!

I didn’t mention this to them that we even tip the driver and even the guy who carry our baggage and the room.

Now, they asked “did you take the laundry bag?”

Mere seconds later, our travel agent called the hotel.

Next moment the guy standing beside the lady was saying, IT’S ALREADY PAID. Yes Yes.

They speak in other language then the next moment both said it has been paid.
A call came in, they mention it’s okay the laundry they didn’t put in the room
Indeed we can’t be bothered just wanting to pay as the amount was “250bhat”
Cause our driver might be coming anytime to pick us up.

Thou, upon ending the journey from L resort, she did say sorry and smile.
I would suggest them to re check so that guest would not get a shock of the surprises
I would not blame the travel agent for the miscommunication, due to all the bookings and other accommodation was perfectly fine over at bkk and phuket

o YES the in room coffee using machine was Great!

thanks

Room Tip: take larger room
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We checked in and our room had a problem with air con and tv. This was known by the staff so why give us the room ? We were upgraded.
Next room had no opening windows and no balcony. Terrible garbage smell throughout the lobby from the street.
Very loud noise from 2300 till 0300 from bars.
Way overpriced. No parking except some space for three cars in a back street. Despite advertised; no spa.
Not recommended.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The L resort was a choice made due to the good reviews from tripadvisor. Upon reaching the resort there were negative and positive remarks about it.

Location- The location was very good as it was in the middle of the town. A wide variety of food to choose from around the area and shopping was not a problem for us either. Booking of tours/bike/car rental can also be arranged by the resort but i would suggest you to look out at the streets instead as its much more cheaper. we got our tours half the price outside from what the resorts would normally charged. However if u are looking for a secluded area away from the bustling and busy streets then this resort might not be a suitable choice for you. However i do would like to add in that although its right infront of the road and busy streets, the resort itself was quiet and we had a very peaceful sleep.

Rooms- The bungalows were not really what we expected. It was a very simple design and much smaller than expected. I would suggest the resort to consider the prices to be lowered down due as the bungalows are not really matching up to the price quoted. My bathtub was visited by a huge spider while i was in the toilet but since the bungalows were at the garden area the resort can not be blamed for it. I would like to compliment on the coffee machine and toiletries provided by the resort. Well done on that! And the suites were a thumbs up! the bathtub in the suites were very modern and romanticly nice. I would suggest for family and couples to take the suites.

Service- was excellent. We were greeted and assisted without fail everytime. A few days before our check in i notified them of my fiance's birthday on the day of our arrival, they did not hesitate to arrange for a few surprises for him. there was the flower decoration and a complimentary cake. however i would like to comment on the flower decoration although it was complimentary i would suggest for the resort to improve on it. The flower deco was actually two towels folded and shaped into elephants and two rose petals were placed near it on each side. The effort was very much appreciated however considering it is for a birthday, the resort should consider improving on it and making it more suitable for a bday surprise. However i do thank the manager and the staff for a very pleasant stay and due to their service we will definitely come back to krabi and choose this resort again!!!

Room Tip: Take the Larger suite.
los angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a review of one of the bungalows. It is possible that the main building, closer to the lobby and the pool is new, modern and deserves the "Luxury Lifestyle" brand I saw all over the property. And, considering the cost of the stay, paid for.

But the bungalows? Sorry. They are just your regular, old-fashioned Thai resort bungalows. Rather old, dingy paint, dirty-looking bathtub, smelling of mildew. I suspect that they were originally another hotel and the L purchased them.

That said, they really aren't all that bad. I've stayed in a lot worse & will again. But when I do, I won't be booking it under the pretenses that it is a "Luxury Lifestyle" resort. And I won't be paying what I paid.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

At the L Resort you're guaranteed a peaceful night sleep. Bungalows are good, although the A/C dripped two nights in a row during our stay which was highly inconvenient, particularly as it was our last two nights & we had a long day of travel planned! But staff were friendly, pool was nice & scenic & just across from the beach & lots of great restaurants & shops close by. Overall, a good value stay particularly for families & couples. Just to add, I'd suggest renting a car for trips as private cars really add up on cost!

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony, some are slightly further out, up a rocky slope... so request one by the p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to The L Resort Krabi? Share your experiences!