We, 2 couples, booked and pre-paid a week in this Accor Hotel. We Chose the higher and more expensive room type "Deluxe". On the Website everything looks nice, but here a short explanation why Mercure in Ao Nang NOT a 4 Star Hotel is:
On the Website and at the reception they say thats only 10 minutes from the Center. Well, we counted from our room to the real Center and walked quite fast > result was more then 20 minutes! Plus, if you go out the Hotel there is nothing/you find garbages and Dogs and it stinks like the hell. There is only one Taxi Provider, which demands the double amount compaired to the regular 40 to 60 Bahts. The free shuttle Service only drives 4 time a day!
b) Service (un-)orientation:
Here the Accor-Management makes a real error! Most of the staff members do not speak at all English. We wanted to book an activity and they could not explain us what they have in program. Once we complaint because somthing was broken in our room and it took 3 days until they fixed it.
Last time we had such a poor breakfast was in a 1 Star Hotel for 20 USD, but we expect from a Hotel with room rates above 200 USD per day: friendly staff members, fresh fruit Juices etc. We went a couple of time and it was always full with groups of tourists from China. In the Restaurant we had a high noise Level and had to wait for a table. Then, everytime we got up to grab some Food, the staff members (Event though we told them before) cleaned our table and gave it to other People - on one morning this happend 3 times!
The pool area is nice (lots of plants). The gym is ok. The room size (we had Deluxe) is also ok. The furnitures everywhere look cheap (IKEA??). Nice reception area.
The only thing which cooresponds on a 4 star Hotel is the Price Level. If you go to Ao Nang is suggest you to Chose a real Deluxe Hotel (Centara, Ao Nang Beach Resort etc.) where the staff members are still smiling and the Hotel Management cares about Clients Needs. If you read the tripadvisor notes from the Accor Management (maybe sitting in an Office in Paris?) you will see that it's always a nonsense generic answer. I spoke with other People at the pool and in the reception area and all were complaining. We guessed that that many positive Reviews made in this Hotel can only be fake!
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Krabi Deevana Hotel
- Mercure Krabi Deevana Hotel Ao Nang
- Mercure Krabi Deevana Ao Nang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Krabi Deevana offers chic accommodation in contemporary low-rise buildings located a short distance from Ao Nang Beach. With 213 stylish rooms and suites, each with a private balcony, you can enjoy the resort's excellent facilities and benefit from gracious and personalized service from the welcoming Mercure team. The brand new resort features an exceptional restaurant and bars, three outdoor swimming pools, a kid's pool, a restful and rejuvenating spa, and outstanding meetings and events facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mercure Krabi Deevana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.