A rather new and quite nice hotel which is located a bit away from the ”city centre”. It´s a healthy 10 minutes walk down to the beach and centre.
Very quiet and nice environmet – both on the in- and outside.
I had a ”pool access” which could be rated as a 5 star room. It had nice interior with all facilities necessary and it was perfectly clean.
Krabi has a lot of space and I cannot understand why they´ve made these extremely narrow pools. Two adult persons could not pass eachother whithout ”crashing” while swimming .
The service was good. Mostly very smiling and helpful people all around. The cleaners were the most accommodating and smiling crewmembers I met here – and they did a proper cleaning job as well. My compliments to them.
One thing I reacted to, was the fixed price of the breakfast buffett which was 400 -FOUR HUNDED- bath per person every day. This is redicilous. In Norway, the worlds most expensive country, a hotel breakfast is valuated to cost 58 NOK (280 Baht). Come on… You are not a five star hotel and you cannot price urself as one either - especially not in Thailand!
The ”fitness centre” was VERY disappointing and is nothing more than a small home gym. One simple multigym, two treadmills for home use, a few dumbells rating up to 12 kilos and an ellipse machine is NOT A FITNESS CENTRE!
If u work out seriously and want to live in this hotel, I suggest that you buy a subscription or pay each day to use the gym of the Naga Puri hotel which is located 70 meters down the road. It´s not a good gym, but at least they have studio equipment where you can get a proper workout. I paid 1500 Baht for one month sybsciption in this gym (even if I only was in Krabi for 10 days). Anyway – worth the money.
Otherwise, I didn´t find Krabi special in any way, so I guess I won´t come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Krabi Deevana offers chic accommodation in contemporary low-rise buildings located a short distance from Ao Nang Beach. With 213 stylish rooms and suites, each with a private balcony, you can enjoy the resort's excellent facilities and benefit from gracious and personalized service from the welcoming Mercure team. The brand new resort features an exceptional restaurant and bars, three outdoor swimming pools, a kid's pool, a restful and rejuvenating spa, and outstanding meetings and events facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Mercure Krabi Deevana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Krabi Deevana Hotel Ao Nang
- Mercure Krabi Deevana Ao Nang