“Maleedee superbee” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 92 Hotels in Ao Nang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Maleedee superbee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Our first trip to krabi...n a great one... Three days seem just so less ... The resort is lovely... A small cosy resort with clean lovely spacious rooms n a large bathroom with bathtub as well as shower cubicle... Loved the resort ... No fancy no frills... Just like a wonderful homely touch.. The staff was NYC n friendly... Shuttle to market available almost at all hours.. I am glad I opted for this ... Quiet ..serene... Lovely ....They should provide room service n intercom facility ...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

A dear friend paid for our stay of four days at Maleedee as a wedding gift. We requested for airport pick up but no one showed up. We ended up took a taxi at the airport. There was an email confirmation on the pick up, but when we reached the hotel, they did not apologise and we did not bother to ask further. Personally to me the room was just ok. It was clean but the pillow was too thin for my liking. We had some problem with the shower but no biggie. They replaced the toiletries that have been used but did not refill the soap in the dispenser. The breakfast buffet spread was the same everyday and we only had toast, croissants, cereals and fruits every morning as this is not a halal certified hotel. The location is a bit secluded so it is quiet and peaceful. It took us only 5 minutes to get to Ao Nang beach by motorbike. The motorbike was rented at the hotel for only THB250/day and it was easy to find local halal food around the area. Not all staff can speak English but they were all friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were on our anniversary trip and after weeks on TA i opted for maleedee bay. I have to pat myself on the back for this one! Located around 1 km from aonang beach it has an ideal location....but what impressed me most was the beauty of the resort from the time we entered the gates....it is set within lush greenery throughout the well laid out property. We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed each day. Each room has a little porch where you can have your breakfast or laze on the lounge chaise. The room itself was spacious with a very comfy bed. The bathroom had a tub (not sure if all rooms have this tho) which we really really liked :) Overall we definitely would return here again, thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Room Tip: No room service. Though, if you go place your order at the restaurant they will send food to your ro...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chengdu Shi, Sichuan, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel seems to be very new. It was spotless. Very clean. It was quiet because it was up on the hill from the entertainment area. It's about a 10 minute walk down the hill to get to pretty much everything. I had 2 communication issues with them. The first was I thought my reservation through Agoda included airport pickup - it did not. The other one is their free shuttle to the beach is only one way. You have to get yourself home or pay them extra money to pick you up. I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel because I was primarily in Krabi for diving. The staff were helpful and friendly. Room was very comfortable. I was on the 2nd floor with a huge patio looking out over the pools. While I enjoyed my stay because it was quiet and private, I'm not sure I'd stay here again because it was so far away from everything else. Make sure you get to the beach area for the sunsets - they're amazing!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I make last minute booking at this hotel, the scenery is nice with with nice Garden, we had great room on the 1st floor facing the Pool, spacious balcony & comfortable room, came here to celebrate my birthday, nothing special for birthday guest, Nice resort, staff is very attentive & good in English, quite location, just 5 minute ride to Ao Nang Beach, strong wifi connection, swimming pool it bit small with limited deck chairs, Few comment about this place is there are very limited halal foods during breakfast, we just ate cereal with milk & bread, nescafe sachet in the room is chargeable, should make it free like other hotel we visit,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had some 7 rooms during Dec. '13 and stayed here for 4 nights with my family and extended family. To begin on the positives - the rooms were spacious, clean and well maintained. To our delight each room had a good size balcony with designer furniture to laze around. The rooms have with tea/coffee making facilities, hair dryer and a LCD TV. There was complimentary Wifi in the rooms and the restaurant. Unfortunately that's all I could think on the positives of this resort.

Now the sad part: the mixer control (to adjust hot and cold water flow through the shower) in the bathroom had been tucked up almost 12 feet high beyond the reach of the tallest person on the earth. So, you could just put on the shower or off it but could not adjust water temperature. The water was quite warm for us to bathe in and we requested the hotel staff several times to tune the hot water down or to lower the mixer control to make it accessible. They kept saying that they would adjust it to get colder water but just didn't happen. Infact I would not like to stay at a place where I have to call housekeeping to change the water temperature in the bathroom. Small thing though but could be very frustrating if you are bathing in water that is hotter than what your body could take.

The breakfast buffet was reasonably good. What could make your breakfast experience sour in Maleedee is when you are about to scoop out some food one of the hotel staff/guys would suddenly spring up in front of you and ask for the breakfast coupon... kind of posture that he would not let you have the food till you produce it. It happened a couple of times with me and was very annoying. I don't mind if there is a process where you could deposit your b'fast coupon before going in for it, but it was more like the hotel staff as CIA agents monitoring you as to what food you are picking up and just at the point they realize that you are going to explode they ask for your Thai visa. Basically I guess the hotel staff is composed of a bunch of local street guys with no training or knowledge of hospitality or hotel management.

On another late evening it took me 15 minutes of hard negotiation at the front desk (till I lost my temper) to get 1 coffee sachet. They kept arguing as to why I need it as there would be coffee at breakfast and I kept explaining that I need coffee on bed, the moment I get up. Pretty cheap huh...

We ate quite a few times at the restaurant as we were fond of Thai food. The menu was quite restrictive. Food was okay but we got bored ordering the same stuff over and over again. As usual there were quite a few annoyances. Since we were large in number we used to order by early evening and would request them to inform us when dinner was ready. Unfortunately the hotel do not use the technology called Intercom, so there is no way other than to walk if you wanted to contact the reception or house-keeping or for that matter even your friends staying in other rooms. Surprisingly they would get the food ready and place it on the table and then inform us. By the time we would arrive food would be cold. I could not explain them enough to stop this. Further they would not serve us the food and show up their rude behavior when asked for extra orders.

On the location - the hotel is about a few kilometers from the beach. A 10 minutes walk. So, do not expect any sea or beach facing rooms etc. The hotel has a tuk-tuk (rickshaw) if you like to avail but the overall attitude is that of a rip-off towards their guests. We paid some 400 bhats for a trip down to the beach. The place in the evening is quite dark and looks away from the city life and shopping centers around the beach. There are quite some hotels nearby but I ventured only one evening and ate the rest of the days at the hotel restaurant.

The hotel tried to create some fuss while we were checking out with the plea that one of the towels had got some ladies makeup (eyeliner stains) on it and they wanted to shell us extra for it which I refused.

Overall I think it is good property but poorly managed. I would avoid this place under all conditions in the future to save my vacation. Unlike many reviewers who did mention that this property is highly over-rated on Tripadvisor, I fully agree with them and also paid the price of not listening to them. I think given the overall experience I should be rating it as 2 iso 3.

Room Tip: All rooms are good - clean and spacious but the ones on the first floor have more privacy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

a nice hotel. rooms are big and clean, toilet big but at ower roon smells not good. big shower, a liquid soap and shampoo. a bit far from the beach but they have transportation freely for specific hours, and if you want to go at a different time you can pay 100bht. taxi back to the resort can cost between 60 to 100 bht. we've never been to the beach but don't expect the pool to be big, and also not very clean. most of the staff are nice but theyir english is not so well. the breakfast bufette has a lot of options and we think it was very good. they also have a restaurant which in our opinion was good enougth for what we needed when we stayed at the pool until evening.
during the day it is very hot to stay at the pool so we went there in the afternoon. don't forget your sunscreen :-)

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Maleedee Bay Resort? Share your experiences!