We stayed there as a young couple for 5 days in December 2012.
So the hotel is located in a very nice and green area, away from the noise. Anyway, that is not inconvenient at all since the hotel provide free shuttle service whenever you wish to the beach or anywhere in Ao Nang. For me, this is the perfect combination. They even picked us up from the harbor on the day of the arrival, also for free.
We stayed in a standard double room in the main building. The rooms are nice and spacious with a nice balcony and a perfect view to the rocks and the area in general that makes you feel like in the jungle.
The pool is nice and not crowded, also with a very nice view of the area.
The staff is friendly, helpful with good enough English, smiling all the time and willing to help you.
The breakfast is of a buffet type and it is nice with variety and plenty of food.
I can say this is a hotel that we really loved.
The only drawbacks, according to me, is the fact that we were repeated several times by the staff and by signs to not take out or break anything from the room or you will be charged. It is fair enough but repeating it on and on leaves you with unpleasant feeling that you're suspected to be some kind of a vandal by default. Come on, people typically don't visit 4 star hotels with the idea to ruin them. Another issue are the prices of the spa which are too high compared to the rest of Ao Nang.
If I had some more days to spend in Thailand, I would definitely choose that place from all the hotels we visited there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Phu Pi Maan Resort & SpaA small and cozy resort designed into a tropical embrace of nature. Delicately designed villas, suites and deluxe rooms blend the best elements of contemporary design and traditional Thai style together, leading to a relaxing atmosphere of comfort and luxury. Phu Pi Maan offers all amenities and facilities a guest could expect. The spacious and beautifully designed pool area invites guest of all ages to enjoy and relax. Delicious Thai and western food is offered at the resorts nicely designed and stylish restaurant. For the ultimate indulgence in pure bliss and tranquility, the resort offers a health spa with many different thai massage and fitness center. A heavenly sanctuary for you to relax, unwind, recharge and rejuvenate. Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa is located in Ao Nang, Krabi, approx. 30km from Krabi Airport (30 minutes by car) or 160km from Phuket Airport (2 hours by car). Ao Nang Beach can be reached within a five minute shuttle service offered throughout the whole day by the resort. The most beautiful beaches of Tonsai, Railay and Phra Nang can be reached within 15 minutes by longtailboat and the gorgeous beaches of Poda and Chicken Island within a 30 minutes ride. Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa offers the ultimate experience for guest looking for a stay with a personal touch within a beautiful and most quiet nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phu Pi Maan Hotel Ao Nang
- Phu Pi Maan Resort And Spa
- Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa Krabi/Ao Nang