“A perfect hotel in a perfect green location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa

You added Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   86 / 8 Moo 2, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #10 of 101 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sofia
“A perfect hotel in a perfect green location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed there as a young couple for 5 days in December 2012.
So the hotel is located in a very nice and green area, away from the noise. Anyway, that is not inconvenient at all since the hotel provide free shuttle service whenever you wish to the beach or anywhere in Ao Nang. For me, this is the perfect combination. They even picked us up from the harbor on the day of the arrival, also for free.
We stayed in a standard double room in the main building. The rooms are nice and spacious with a nice balcony and a perfect view to the rocks and the area in general that makes you feel like in the jungle.
The pool is nice and not crowded, also with a very nice view of the area.
The staff is friendly, helpful with good enough English, smiling all the time and willing to help you.
The breakfast is of a buffet type and it is nice with variety and plenty of food.
I can say this is a hotel that we really loved.
The only drawbacks, according to me, is the fact that we were repeated several times by the staff and by signs to not take out or break anything from the room or you will be charged. It is fair enough but repeating it on and on leaves you with unpleasant feeling that you're suspected to be some kind of a vandal by default. Come on, people typically don't visit 4 star hotels with the idea to ruin them. Another issue are the prices of the spa which are too high compared to the rest of Ao Nang.
If I had some more days to spend in Thailand, I would definitely choose that place from all the hotels we visited there.

Room Tip: At first I felt pity we didn't book the villa but when we arrived there we were pleasantly surpr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is quite lovely. We had a few hiccups but it didn't ruin our experience overall.
Arrival was relatively smooth and quick, with on-time pick up from the airport. Upon check-in, they made us pay our bill in full. I thought that was very bizarre and tried to ask why they were doing it, but they couldn't understand my question so I just let them proceed.
We had a two bedroom villa and it was beautiful. A huge balcony for relaxing and looking out over the pool and limestone cliffs. We sat here most nights and had a couple drinks before heading to bed. The interior of the villas are tastefully decorated and lovely. Large bedrooms with ample storage space, comfy beds, flatscreen TVs - all connected by a very big bathroom. The shower pressure was pretty bad, but not that big a deal. There was a small kitchen area with a fridge, sink, coffee maker and table and chairs. Our kitchen floor was pretty dirty when we arrived - I mean brown, sticky stuff on the floor everywhere. It obviously hadn't been cleaned before we moved in.
Breakfast was good and tasty. Buffet style with your usual hot eats along with fruits, pastries and the like. There were ants all over the fruits, but given the restaurant is outside I guess this can't be stopped. The service at breakfast was good, the staff were friendly and helpful. I didn't see anyone eating at the hotel restaurant other than for breakfast. I guess most preferred to eat in town where the action was.
After two days of being in the hotel, we noticed no housekeeping had come to clean. I went to the reception to ask if they clean every day and they said yes. I said my room had not been cleaned for 2 days and he seemed surprised. Someone arrived after a couple of hours and quickly went through the villa to clean things. I'm not someone who expects my towels and sheets to be washed every day, but when paying hundreds per night for a hotel, I do expect housekeeping and a good scrub of obviously dirty areas. I meantioned this at check-out, but not sure if this has happened to anyone else.
The hotel has free drop-off and pick-up in Ao Nang. This was helpful if you didn't feel like walking back. They forgot to pick us up on a couple of occasions, but it wasn't a huge deal and we just got a tuk-tuk back to the hotel.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay very much. They can improve on some things and when done, I believe this hotel can be great. For me, they're not quite there yet. There were some communication difficulties as the staff did not speak decent english. I realize I'm in Thailand, but it can be slightly frustrating when you are trying to voice an issue and it may not be resolved because you're not understood.

The resort is worth checking out though, maybe we were just unlucky! Ao Nang is a great chill spot though, I'd go back.

Room Tip: The villas are beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Although not on the beach, but A charming hotel, stylish, modern, clean, they thought of every detail.
We rented a scooter and everything is close. Piece of paradise, a beautiful view
Improvement: there is almost no English television stations, have to wait a few minutes to hot water,Poor breakfast

Room Tip: Room overlooking mountains
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Hello to all you avid readers !
Well you have hit the right review in searching for a good and SAFE accommodation for a solo/ honeymoon/ family trip! We had been to this hotel on the 30 th august and stayed there for a period of 3 days ! And I'm writing this the moment I have reached home! A memorable vacation with my family and my sister in law with a well deserved warmth and care from the people of aonang phu pi maan resort ! A wonderful resort with a bunch of warm and outgoing team.

We had been allotted rooms on level three so it was tedious climbing up and down with a toddler every now and then! Other than that I guess we never had any inconvienece ! A beautiful view from our balcony and a perfect spot to enjoy nature with a cup of hot coffee! "Wow... This is really beautiful.." that's what it feels when you keeping sipping the coffee and stunned by the beautiful greeneries that never fade from your eyes! Tranquilty at it's best. Onlywhen you feel it will your senses be numbed with the peace you undergo!

The rooms are big and airy and the balconies bring in cool fresh air from the mountains situated nearby that wakes the soul in you! The bathrooms are big and spacious and mesmerize even your bathing experience ! Feel it and you will see what I'm talking about! However you need to keep the balconies closed from 5 pm in the evening till 7 am next morning since mosquitoes are little trouble some! Once you close the the doors, you can be assured of a peaceful night of sleep to rest and rejuvenate amidst the wonderful nature !

They serve breakfast from 6am until 10am( I believe)! It's a decent continental breakfast with few choices, unfortunately they could make it better though! The food tends to be cold most of the time, so incase you need it warm make sure you inform them as they are more than happy to see you enjoy your meal the way you want it! Ted is a smiling lady in her late forties ever ready to help you. She is a bit strong on her English than compared to the rest of the other members in the kitchen!

The front desk has a team of young ladies and few gents who can speak well and understand, but I suggest you drop all your Oxford English plus the grammar and be a villager in this village!
The good old slow and word-by -word - statements work better even better the sign language as it helps both parties from never ending explanation! This rule holds good for whole land, as the main language spoken through the entire kingdom of krabi is Thai ONLY! But few of them are an exception here!

There is a wonderful driver, he goes by the name of paitoon( pi-toon). A great guy who picked us from the airport and dropped us in all the places we wanted to visit and dropped as back to the rooms too! You name it and he will drop you there!

Next the spa, a good, clean and neat room with well disciplined lady masseuse who have mastered the art of massage and literally give back your worn out bodies as brand new ones with a refreshed soul within ! Oh I could still hear my backbones crack and the knuckles click due the soreness that lay within ! What could you ask for more.. When you have been given the most precious thing back in the same way but with lots of energy! In a calm and relaxing environment with good old soft hands to relieve every aching part of your body, this is the well deserved gift each and every husband can surprise a wife with! Believe me I enjoyed this gift and I'm sure any wife or girl friend would do so!

This resort also has a pool amidst the lush greenaries to enjoy and relax ! It has a segmented childrens pool and a deep pool on the other end situated on the lower level! If you climb a bunch of stairs further up you will approach a family pool with a constant depth of 5 ft and a segmented kids pool tool. This part gives you an added privacy away from the onlookers!

So all together a wonderful vacation or rather a second honeymoon for all of us to cherish and enjoy each other and the wonderful moments of life we will spend together for years ahead!
It's a trip that can never tire you and will remain as evergreen in your golden memories!
This what I felt when I stepped out of the resort to return back home! Go ahead and book them for you to enjoy and remember what bliss life can give you ! To see the happiness in the eyes of your loved ones is priceless! Feel it and see it for your self!

Wish you all a Happy and cherishing vacation/ honeymoon!!

Things to remember :
Though the resort is tucked in the inside it's easy to miss it as theres only a small name board at the beginning of the street!

You need to take the resort van to go to nearby 7/11 store for your needed groceries or sundry goods!

There are good number of cuisines ranging from Indian to American ! Including haagen dazs icecream, mcdonalds ,subway and Starbucks too!

Walking to the aonang beach nearby is quite difficult so take the van!

A pretty humid and sultry weather with lots of rain, so leave away your heavy brocaded dresses and plain old cotton pants,t shirts, jeans and flip-flops can make this trip wonderful ! Keep that camera charged fully and click away !

Bargain for souvenirs whenever possible as thats the deal in buying ! Beware some shop keepers are rude and a dismay too! Avoid them !

Please carry required medication and over the counter cold , cough and painkillers and repellants as there are lots of fire ants all over the place!

Carry small changes and encash big ones when you get a chance during the day (morning)

Bangkok bank gives you the best exchange rate incase you need instant cash!

Room Tip: This is a wonderful resort to choose, keeping in mind if you have young children as in my case! All...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights. We wished we had stayed longer. I have stayed in some amazing places but this place was my favourite by far! Lovely and quiet, nice if you've been over in Phuket or Bangkok beforehand. The staff we so friendly (not wholey unusual for Thailand, but they had something extra). I believe the owners work there, of this I'm not certain, but the lady greeting us in the restaurant every morning was just amazing, and you could tell that any suggestions we noted and actioned. It's not too bad a walk into town, we enjoyed it, others may not. They do offer transport as a free service. The breakfast was a little basic, but in such hot conditions, I don't find myself overly hungry anyway. We ended up eating here quite a bit for lunch and dinner. It's obviously more expensive than places in town, but we had good servings and the Massaman was the best I have had in Thailand on any holiday. We had one of the one bedroom villas and hardly left. Beautifully cleaned and laid out. The swimming area is fantastic and there were no children about while we were there which made the place very relaxing. We'll be back, as soon as we can

Room Tip: Get a villa!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Went there for the department trip. The place was a bit hard to find (most likely you will miss due to the signboard).

The decor is simple and minimal, mainly of timber. Rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. The few things I didn't like about our room (201) was the weird bump beside the single bed which could easily trip someone and there was no clothes rack at the balcony to hang wet clothes.

Bathrooms are big and clean. The annoying bits were the shower having mini floods (the drainage system must have clogged a bit) and no labelling on the amenities (shower gel, shampoo or conditioner - have no idea which is which).

Breakfast is a simple fare (since the resort is not expected to have many guests anyway) and not too bad. Swimming pool was a tad inconvenient (even though I didn't get to swim in it) as it was split into two levels.

Staff are very helpful and the shuttle service (anytime!) is a plus point.

Careful about being at the lobby in the evenings because the moquitoes were huge! No worries. You can pick up some cheap ointment at the local stores which can ward off moquitoes.

The location is a bit far off town but the shuttle service makes up for it.

Overall, great place to relax.

Room Tip: If you are staying the suites, stay at the 3rd floor instead. It's much higher with a better vie...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cumbria, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for 8 days in March 2012 and had a fantastic time. We had arranged transport from the airport to the hotel and welcomed the air conditioned vehicle with seat massage. The tropical gardens and pool are constantly being cleaned or tended to, the room (we booked a suite) was huge with fantastic views over the gardens. The staff on reception and in the restaurant were always pleasant and helpful and the free shuttle service into the town is great. The massages were a little more expensive than in town but they were done in private with very well trained staff and I would highly recommend them. There never seemed to be a lot of people around which was a real shame in some ways but great for us when chilling by the pool. We had a great time here and wouldn't hesitate to return. On the last day we were not able to keep our room on to get showered before our flight as it was booked however we were given the key to one of the bungalows which was beautiful inside.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!