“The best you can get for the price- 5 star” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa

You added Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   86 / 8 Moo 2, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #9 of 93 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
“The best you can get for the price- 5 star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011 via mobile

This hotel feels like it is far from the bustling shops in Ao Nang but this just reflects the tranquility in the resort. I kept thinking i was in the middle of the jungle - without the creepy crawlies. In reality,it is only 10 minutes walk away from the shops and 15 minutes to the beach. There is even a free bus till 10pm if you are feeling too lazy to walk. The staff a friendly and the pool is stunning.

• Stayed November 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tallinn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Our family (+ our friends family) stayed at this resort for 10 days.What can I say-this place is a paradise! First morning when I woke up and took a look out of the window,all I could say is - Wow! The view from our deluxe room was absolutely fantastic with a huge mountain closeby.Never had the feeling that the busy Ao Nang village resort might be so close.Actually this resort wasn't our first choice,but I'm sooo glad we changed our accommodation to this heavenly resort.
We have travelled quite a lot and mostly stayed in all inclusive hotels,but in Thailand AI hotels are not common.And of course they should not be,as the food which you can have in any corner is one of the best in the world.A few times we had dinner at the hotel and the food was fabulous each time.The hotel does not serve alcohol, which is not an issue.You can always get a drink at nearby supermarkets to accompany your dinner or poolside relaxing.
I'm really glad that this time we choose a small hotel,as nowhere have we had such a perfect service and great atmosphere.We had some issues with the english language,but please be openminded and not get upset,because finally you will have all the issues resolved if there might be any.
Breakfast was basic american,but fulfilled all our needs.Coffee was good,could order omelette,fried eggs-didn't miss a thing.
Location is perfect,like I said a paradise.Anytime needed the shuttle takes you to AoNang,walking appr 15 minutes.From AoNang do not miss the longtail boats to nearby Railey and Phra Nang beaches.
This review is getting too long and I'm ending now.
I would like to say huge thanks to all the staff who made our stay excellent(sorry I don't remember all names)
This was our 1st trip to Thailand and will definitely not be the last.

Room Tip: Deluxe room nr.301 is excellent,a corner room with no noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed at the Phu Pi Maan for 3 of our 4 nights in Ao Nang. We would have loved to stay the 4th night there but they didn't have any available rooms. They were so accommodating that the lady in reception rode with the driver to make sure we arrived at our next place. We stayed in the deluxe room in the main building at it was huge! Besides a king bed it also had a single and a lovely day bed. The room also had a balcony. The resort is beautiful with a two-level pool. Surrounded by the mountains, this is a pure get-away not far from the town center. Although transportation is available we usually took it into town but walked back. What makes the place especially special was the wonderful staff. They said hello every time they saw us and were always helpful. After staying at a different place for one night, it became increasingly apparent how wonderful the staff is at Phu Pi Maan.

One word of note. If you like your bar drinks at night this place doesn't have a bar but do as we did and go to 7-11 and stock up to put in your fridge. You will be glad you did.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

My husband and I along with our three kids had a wonderful 10 nights at Phu Pi Maan Resort. We stayed in Villa 5 which is a two room villa. It had the most wonderful view of the mountains and the fantastic tropical gardens, looking out over the pool was so very relaxing. Yes we did have Ants but they weren't a problem( if you are going to have all the beautiful greenery around you you have to expect some insects). The staff were so lovely to us, always smiling and waving and trying their best to be helpful. Sure their english isn't fluent but with all the different nationality's that come through the resort it would be hard to understand everyone's accent. The transport service was fantastic, never too much trouble to pick us up or drop us off. The pool is fantastic. Free WiFi throughout the resort and computers in the lobby were great. The breakfast was a little odd at times but always fresh and plenty of it. The staff in the restaurant were very sweet and always welcoming. The location of the resort is fantastic so very quiet and peaceful to come back to after the noise of the main street.

Room Tip: The villa's around the pool are worth the extra little you have to pay as they are private with...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for four of our 8 days in Krabi. We stayed in one of their deluxe rooms. The room was lovely. However, the next day the room was full of ants! I mean big massive ants, just running around on the floor. We also had little red ants on the bed! I called reception and they said they will sort it the next day! Not acceptable! So I had to try and get rid of them. I agree with the previous comments about breakfast, it is dire! They don’t cover the food, so it is surrounded by insects. They have strange combinations of food too. The staff at the breakfast service are very sweet; however, they don’t understand anything you want. They get your order wrong and it gets frustrating after a while. The hotel isn’t cheap and I would expect the breakfast to be a lot better! The location of the hotel is lovely it's quiet and away from the drag of Ao Nang. It's only a ten minute walk to the resturants so the location is great!The staffs at reception were great. We were checking out and going to the phi phi islands for a day. I asked if they can keep our luggage there. They agreed. When we went to pick it up, they kindly offered to give my partner and me a lift to the other hotel we were staying at. I thought this was a lovely touch. On the whole, I would stay here again, but I definitely would not be paying for the breakfast!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

We are booked in for 9 days and 5 days in we are questioning our choice of accommodation.
The room is beautiful and a good size, the balcony has a beautiful mountain view, the pool and gym are great so what's the problem????
When we first arrived our room smelt of cabbage, their answer was to bleach the room to the extent that it smelt like a hospital for 3 days (it did shift the cabbage whiff though!).
We now have a very noisy neighbour in what we can only describe as a 3/4 empty hotel. Why put anyone next door - the issue is exacerbated by the fact the rooms have a door linking them so the noise barrier is pretty limited (not that is would have worked for a TV blasting at 1-3am anyway).
I reported the noise yesterday and was told our neighbors were only here for 3 nights, I just reported it again after 'round 2' last night and was told, 'only one more day and they go'. Fantastic! Only one more disturbed night. Thanks!
I don't agree that it is too far out to town as another reviewer mention - the staff will drop you in town and pick you up but it is only a short walk but importantly it is quiet here, the main street is noisy and the view from the room is lovely - something else you would not get in town.
Finally the breakfast, this place is not cheap so I would have expected fresh items. The croissants and pastries are all bought in (long life ones at that) the juice is not fresh and the hot items are frankly weird. One morning it was fried capsicums (peppers), this morning it was fried broccoli and tomatoes. Another morning it was a pasta with tomato sauce. They always have ham and sausages so it would appear they are attempting to offer a western style breakfast. I have an omlette every day which is nice, today my requested cheese and onion omlette had mushrooms, and I mean just mushrooms, no sign of cheese (the plastic chewy variety I normally have in my omlette here) or onion, although it was nicely cooked. There is plenty lost in translation here which is a shame, if they found better staff (or put them in English classes - they are all pleasant, they just don't know what you want!) it would be heaps better, add to that a good fresh breakfast and anyone should be happy to stay here.

• Stayed October 2011
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This hotel was the highlight in our 10 day stay in Thailand. Staffs were so helpful that they even prepared baby-food for us. They had specific times for gym and the swimming pool but they were so flexible that our wish is their command. Breakfast is same but that's k for a 3-4 days stay. Though their location is a bit far they have a transportation service from morning 8 to 10 pm which makes the guests close to the beach. Their language is not that good but they understand what you want to convey and wholeheartedly does what is needed. Without doubt I would recommend anyone going to Krabi about this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!