“Best steak we had in Krabi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Diver's Inn Steakhouse and International Cuisine

Diver's Inn Steakhouse and International Cuisine
27/9 Moo 2 | 150 M Above Mc Donalds, Opp. Siam Commercial Bank, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81180, Thailand
+66 75 637 297
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 191 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
manchester
“Best steak we had in Krabi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Good food, good service, nice atmosphere, what else can you need in a restaurant? If you're in Ao Nang, definitely worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Finnish first
  • Thai first
“Bad steak experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Went for a New Year's Eve dinner, and got so disappointed. My girlfriend had the tenderloin, which was ok (not more), but served with a terrible "out of the bag and blended with milk"- mushroom sauce. Easier to find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow than to identify any mushroom flavor in that sauce. Potatoes nothing to brag about either. Semi cold.

I had a sirloin steak. Tough as hell. Had several tendons and a major vein in it. I lost my appetite and we paid as soon as we were finished. Sorry, but for a 1,800 baht dinner, what a shame.

Owner came over to ask customers about their experience, which was nice. He didn't come to us, which spared that night at least one awkward moment.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Juergen1964, Owner at Diver's Inn Steakhouse and International Cuisine, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Danielolsson,

My name is Jürgen Weber, I am the owner of Diver´s Inn. Very sad that you had this bad experience in our restaurant. The only excuse I have is, that at the moment, I am still struggeling after a very serious surgery last month ( Heart valve replacement and 2 bypass ) which still prevents me from doing my job as I always did. If something is not to our customers satisfaction we will not charge or we will replace the food with a new dish. I had big problems with one of my legs that evening when walking around. That was my mistake, I not want to blame it on the staff who should normally ask the customer if everything is ok.
Should you ever come back to Ao Nang please come along and we will invite you and your wife for a nice dinner at your choice.
To further customers please feel free to ask for me when there is a problem. Even I may not be at every table I will be in the restaurant and definetly availble to answer your questions.
I had a conversation with our meat supplier and that problem is solved. Âbout the mushrooms all I can say that we not use canned mushrooms; we buy them fresh from a local farm. In the sauce there is definetly no milk. We add some fresh whipping to get a more creamy consistence. Also using celery, garlic, onions, parsley, carrots and bones to prepare our fond for the sauces. I am honest due to my condition, I left that job to my staff which was a mistake. We even work with plate warmers and infrared light so your potatoes should not have been semi warm.
Hope we will see you again to compensate you for a lost evening.

Best regards.

Jürgen Weber
Hong Kong, China
“Really nice spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed out meal here Mew Year's Eve. I had the rib eye steak with pepper sauce as did my daughter. Wife had filet. Was very tasty and reasonable. Chef's salad was not that great. Had tuna which was odd. Owner is ver friendly and staff can be a little too attentive. Maybe not such a bad thing but their presence is indiscreet. Definitely worth a visit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ao Nang, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic! Love the food, the service and the value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Been in Thailand for 2 weeks, best restaurant ever!
Love the food. Best tenderloin in Thailand.
Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great service and excellent food :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We came to Krabi for the first time at the end of November for 2 weeks and ate here about 3 times. We absolutely loved the lasagne and every other dish I tried was really nice too! The restaurant is very clean and has a nice atmosphere with lovely staff. We have come back to Krabi for new year and have already been here again twice, the owner was there this time and was constantly checking that everyone was ok which was lovely! We will definitely be going back on our last night before we head home. Another thing both my partner and I like is that there isnt anyone outside trying to get you inside, you have the option to have a look at the menu and look at the specials on the boards and then make your own choice which in opinion is how all restaurants should be :)

• Visited December 2012