“Wonderful. Excellent. Amazing. 5-Stars. Brownie Points. I mean really.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaman Camp and Day Cruise

Andaman Camp and Day Cruise
Ao Nang, Krabi Town, Thailand
+660878851125
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer private, customised day trips at sea and on land, designed to show you the the local area and lifestyle in a relaxed and friendly way. We also do camping and extended trips around the islands and can arrange accommodation, transfers and activities. Families with young children and older or disabled travellers are welcome, and special needs can be accommodated. For more information, visit our website or email any time for a prompt response.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hacienda Heights, California
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderful. Excellent. Amazing. 5-Stars. Brownie Points. I mean really.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We're two very easy-going early 30-something's who avoid crowds and tourist traps. Just hand us some snorkelling gear, point to a body of water and we're set. So, if you feel like cutting through the waves on a long-tail without someone forcing a life-jacket on you, hanging out on a island with a generous platter of freshly cut fruit and no set time-line, and kicking back in the company of someone who loves what she does and does everything she can to make sure you have a good time? ACC is for you!

My boyfriend and I spent a day hanging out with Elizabeth out on the Hong Island tour that included the highlight of our entire trip --- swimming in the beautiful lagoon. The lagoon! The salinity of the water meant we were easily able to tread the water with very little effort. The scenery was surreal, and because of the do-as-you-please design of the tour, we were able to hang out for as long as we wanted whereas other boats only cruised through or docked briefly. And yes, the home-cooked lunch was the best Thai food we'd tasted!

I'd taken the speedboat tour to Phi Phi a year ago and while that was a fraction of the price, the experience was truly night and day. Do yourself a favour and book with Elizabeth the first chance you get.

Best. Tour. Ever. ^.^

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Cairns, Australia
“An incredible experience with my family.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Me and a big group of my family did this trip over the course of a few days and we all loved it. The guide Sun and the crew were really great and the longtail boat was very very spacious.

There was no shortage of delicious local fruits to snack on or ice cold cokes and waters to quench a thirst in between the most incredible snorkeling I've seen in my life. Every evening we would be treated to an absolutely delicious meal cooked by the man himself, Sun. Freshly caught crab and mouth watering curries were just one of many meals that we enjoyed. Including sting ray given to us by a fisherman who lived on the island we were camping on!.

Every night we would stay on an island which I have forgotten the name of (writing this review a year on since we did it) which was very busy during the day from daytrippers, however this was never a problem since during the day we are out on the traditional thai boat snorkeling around all the beautiful islands, and by the time we came back to the island everyone had left and it was the few locals and us to have this whole island to ourselves.

The reason I don't give this a full 5 star rating is because the tents were VERY hot and fairly uncomfortable with thin camping mats. Made the nights fairly hard and we were not told that there is no fresh running water on the island so not being able to atleast wipe away the days worth of salt from your skin made life a bit more hard.

However that said the nights sleeping in those tents are something I'll never forget, same goes for Sun and the boys on the boat and the trip as a whole!.

Cheers.

Visited January 2013
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“A fantastic cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is one of the best boat trips that we have taken. We travelled as a family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 15 years and 12 years. I emailed out to many tour groups but I must say that the reply that I got from Elizabeth was very honest, truthful and above all giving various options available. All correspondence was done very professionally and efficiently. We were met at our hotel by Sun who was a great guide with exceptional Thai hospitality at it's best. His knowledge and instincts of the sea and Thailand is amazing with many fascinating stories to share. We did the Hong Island Tour and it was exceptionally lovely, a great bay with lots of fishes, great snorkelling and lovely beaches. Lunch was simple authentic Thai food that tasted so good on the boat. We also went to Paradise Island and Red Island. It was overall a wonderful experience on the long tailed boat, very private catering to your needs and expectations. You had the leisure to enjoy the breathtaking views, beach & sun at leisure without keeping an eye on time. We had wanted to do Phi Phi Island, but as it is rainy season Elizabeth advised against that as the sea can be rather rough. My advise, if you go to Krabi, make sure you get in touch with Andaman Camp and Cruise for an unforgetful experience, it is worth the money you spend with an awesome guide and amazing stories.

Visited August 2013
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Booked a private day trip for 6 pax to Hong Island, Paradise beach etc, and had a great time snorkelling and chilling on beaches.

The best part of the day was when we stopped at a quiet lagoon for lunch (home-cooked by the jovial guide named Sun), which was delicious according to my friends (I had to pass on the food cos I wasn't feeling well).

We were at the lagoon during low tide, and were able to stand in the water (just up to chest-level for a 1.6m/5'3" person) and chat for a good hour or so, taking our time to enjoy the cool waters.

You may pay a bit more, but this is definitely better than hopping on one of the other packed cruises we saw, which had 20 - 25 persons onboard at any one time. This trip was one of the best beach holiday memories I've had.

Highly-recommended!

Visited July 2013
Hyderabad, India
57 attraction reviews
“Best trip ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We owe this review to Elizabeth and her team for a long time... me, my husband and our 2 year old son went to Krabi for 3 days in Dec 2012. Though the price of a 2 day trip with Andaman tours was higher compared to other operators, it was totally worth it. The email responses from Elizabeth before booking were fast, and she even helped us with some other general information about Krabi. Since we were travelling with our 2 year old, we wanted to make sure everything was just right; and it did turn out to be that way. She made sure to send Sonya on the first day, who turned out to be an excellent guide. Elizabeth herself came with us the 2nd day. We had some special request for food for our kiddo and that was also met. The food was delicious, though on the spicier side for us on the 1st day. That was also taken care of on the 2nd day.

I have to specially mention that its not only the food and hospitality which was excellent, but also the fact that they helped us explore the sea in a way we would not have done otherwise. None of us know swimming and Sonya/Elizabeth taught us snorkeling techniques(we have snorkeled before in Maldives without a guide and I can tell you it was nothing compared to what we could do in few hours of training). Both were very patient with us, to the extent that on the 2nd day we stopped at a place in the middle of the sea which they said was good for spotting fish and snorkeled there. Our son had a wonderful time too in the sea.

Krabi is a beautiful place and a must visit once in a lifetime. And with Andaman tours, you have the luxury to explore it at your own pace without being hurried by the tour guide to hop from one island to other.

Highly recommended if you can afford them.

Visited December 2012