“Nice green resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aonang Tropical Resort

You added Aonang Tropical Resort to your Saves list
Aonang Tropical Resort
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   92 Moo 2, Soi 6, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000 Krabi Thailand, Thailand   |
Ranked #19 of 101 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice green resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Aonang tropical resort is in soi. Aonang6. I had good vacation in this resort. I got a lot of good service from officer and the owner
. The owner so friendly. They have Nice pool, activity zone. The Bangalow is large and clean.

Room Tip: The Bangalow is large and clean. I stayed in B1.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is my 5th time to ao nang visiting different resorts and hotel. Just checked in today and was greeted warmly by the receiption who is super friendly. Place is surrounded by green scenery all around with the pool in the middle of it. Nothing posh or sort. Room is ok but just abit old. Fully equiped but no tv, who cares when on holiday tho. Bed is big and comfy. You could just relax outside your room with the all the trees around. Staffs are friendly and always smiling. From the hotel you just walk down 50m to reach the main road where many shops are available. And another 5-10 mins walk to ao nang beach. All in all a relaxing sanctuary and laid back resort.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Boulder Creek
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Beware of Agoda flash deals. I booked for three nights so I could have a little getaway and do some writing and SCUBA diving. The gardens and pool setting looked nice and I was promised a poolside bar, fast internet in my garden bungalow, DVDs and more. The price was reduced to around US$60/night.

There was construction going on all day by the pool including sawing through metal and welding. The pool bar had been damaged and was closed so no nice sunset drinks poolside, etc. For breakfast I was completely ignored by the poorly trained staff. I would sit by the pool and attempt to order breakfast and would be ignored (for three days this went on). It got to the point where other customers (who arrived 10-15 minutes after me) were asking the waitress to please take my order as I had been there much longer. By day three, I lost my normally sunny disposition with one waitress and that finally got her attention.

There was no TV reception and the advertised DVDs are all scratched and unplayable (I borrowed seven from the manager, none worked).

I was told the wifi was strong in my room. It was strong outside the room but rather slowish inside. I spend 3-4 hours a day working online.

This could be a really nice place. The only reason it gets a three and not a one or two is because the gardens are very pretty. Also it is quiet in the evenings once the construction is over. It is in a good location just off the main drag, but set up the hill far enough to block the noise from the many nearby restaurants and bars. These are the positives.

The managers really need to train their staff a bit (I mean a lot-especially people skills). I have been in Thailand for nine months and am a trained chef so I know from where I speak. This is not unrealistic. Wifi access needs to be upgraded. And finally, if you are doing construction or don't have playable DVDs, don't hide that in your hotel descriptions.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Province of Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

yesterday: we decided to stay in this hotel. We attended a Thai receptionist. We stayed at stay 3 or 4 nights but pay only one night. Today:8 a.m.: go to reception to pay the rest of nights before taking an organized tour. Despite wait and call the ring nobody attends. 4p.m.: after spending all day visit to Islands decided to get to the hotel to shower. Before we went to reception and we served an elderly lady and blonde (possible owner of the hotel) and tells us that we have no room because only had paid a night. I explain it in this morning and said that "they were preparing the breakfast" with friendly smile invites us to leave the hotel. We got to the room and they were already changing sheets. The receptionist yesterday denied explained.So you mount to the suitcase and you're lying in the street. Luckily we found a better site. I don't understand why they can not call you or having staff at the front desk to assist you. Disappointing and does not deserve to have customers.

• Stayed November 2013
Chilecolomb, Owner at Aonang Tropical Resort, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Hello again! As we explained to you, we were fully booked and are sorry for not able to stay as you are apparently very much wanted. We must know the night before last if our guests want to stay and if so, is any room available which we had not. 6 staff were on service in our small garden in the morning when you leave for day trips so it is strange that no one was going to get when breakfast is served, a few meters from the reception. We also tried to find accommodation for you during the day and recommended neighbor hotel when you arrived in the evening and we asked you apologetic to check out. As we have said repeatedly, we are sorry but could not resolved the situation better and your behavior to housekeeping, we could have been without. Hope you have a pleasant journey continues! Best Regards, Jen, Owner
Aonang, Krabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

A wonderful find!! A lovely pool, nicely furnished and very clean bungalows, within walking distance to many shops, restaurants and lively bars, some playing live music. I loved to sit around the pool in the evening relaxing to good music and cold beer served by the forever smiling Cocoa! Pele will go out of his way to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Southsea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here for a week and enjoyed every minute. Pelle and Jenny are superb hosts and make for a relaxed, thoroughly enjoyable stay. Their resort is a peaceful haven only minutes from the bustle of Aonang with all its great places to eat, drink and shop. Our bungalow was peaceful and cool, the pool perfect and a very tempting bar in the beautiful gardens too.
Our stay here was perfect and we were very sad to leave. Would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Willow Vale, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This wonderful little property is so close to everything, great resturant across the road, night market at the bottom of the driveway and 5 mins stroll from the beach.

The owner is very friendly and will go out if his was to give you local info.

If you're looking for 5 star, this isn't it. Thus is simple, clean and atmospheric and a great basic stay with good beds.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Aonang Tropical Resort? Share your experiences!