“Best steak in Ao Nang” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 189 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Special occasions
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Best steak in Ao Nang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

we visited this restaurant 4 times and we were delighted with each visit, the owner is very proud of his steak sourced in Australia and kept at the same temp all the way until it is ready to be cooked delicious.

Visited March 2013
Gidi M, Owner at Carnivore Steak and Grill, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hello Mercedes 616,

It was nice to have you at our restaurant for 4 times!
My staff and I are trying every day to please our valued guest, and in most times we succeed in it.

Hope to see you back again in this lovely part of the world, I remain with sunny greetings,

Gidi Mevissen

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Rome, Italy
“Art & Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I was suggested to try this place as it's known to be the best steak house in the town. As usual, when I see a place with so many outstanding positive reviews, I started to read the bad ones, because they may give you an idea about weak points. Then I decided to try it tonight.
The atmosphere is pleasant and relaxing, I appreciated the fans instead of extremely cold air con as it's tipical in these places. The place is fresh and you feel comfortable. Tables are huge, seats too, I love all this space. :)
The staff is gentle and friendly, everything is very clean. And steaks are divine. I'm Italian, I travel often to Florence and I know one or two things about steaks and T-Bones and these are not second to anything: meat is tender and cooked in a perfect way (you can choose between 5 different cooking times, if I'm not wrong; I go for raw), and everything is presented in a wonderful artistic way, with surprising mixes.
The price is not cheap but I'd say it's more than fair for what you eat. In Italy it's the average one for meat in restaurants, and it's not so nice in most of them.
Oh, and they have a selection of over 60 beers from all the world, I've spent more time choosing them than the steak! :)
If you're by chance in Krabi and want to spend a pleasant and romantic evening this is the place #1 I suggest. Can't really understand the few negative reviews, after trying it they make no sense to me.
It's a bit hidden from the shopping zone, you'd better ask and take the effort to find it, it's worth all the time!
Thanks guys, wonderful dinner. :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gidi M, Owner at Carnivore Steak and Grill, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hello Locsoft,

On behalf of my staff and me we would like to thank you for your visit to our restaurant and your nice review later was a real pleasure to read.

We know that we will not be able to satisfy all our guests for 100%, but my staff try really hard to make the diners experience a perfect one.
You mentioned already that our tables and chairs are spacious; this is a policy that I keep.
We could add more chairs and tables if we wanted to, but I think it will compromise the intimate atmosphere we have at the moment.

Hope to meet you again on your next visit to this great place in the world; I remain with friendly greetings,

Gidi
“Probably the best restaurant in Ao Nang!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This restaurant was a bit far away from our hotel and the main street but it was worth visiting! We had Tuna Steak, Pork Ribs, Mango Milk Shake and Chocolate Cake and some drinks - all just great. We really enjoyed our evening at this restaurant which has a pleasant atmosphere and a remarkable service.

• Visited March 2013
Hello Kat M,

Thank you very much for your review and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed the tuna steak and our home-made spare ribs.
Our tuna steak is becoming one of our most appreciated dishes in our seafood menu.
The mango milkshake is made from fresh mango and does not come from a can or pack, also our strawberry and raspberry shakes are made with real 100% fruit.

Hope you enjoyed your stay in Ao Nang, Krabi

Gidi Mevissen
Skien, Norway
“Fabulous food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

When you are fed up with Thai food (and after 2 weeks you most likely will be), you should go for something extra. This restaurant has what other lacks: good food, excellent service and a vast sortiment of very good beer that accompanies your beef as good as any wine could do.
We went here after traveling around in the Andaman area for nearly two weeks and we both agreed that it had been a special night, thanks to both the food, drink and the service.
Please, don't miss this restaurant!

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Steak!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Excellent steak (at British price) but everything else in menus average! Very good service. Staff welcome and polite.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Gidi M, Owner at Carnivore Steak and Grill, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hello Mark,

Thank you for writing your contribution.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your steak.
About the price; at the moment the Thai Baht is very strong compared to the British Pound, U.S Dollar and the Euro.
A few years ago you would get 72 Baht to 1 British Pound, now it is about 45 Baht to 1 British Pound.
Then you would buy one beer for 1 British Pound, now you almost have to pay 2 British Pound.
This makes it for all businesses in Thailand more difficult to be competitive compared to abroad.
We haven't raised our prices over the last 2 years
But 2 years ago, our guests considered our steaks and meals very reasonable.
As the Australian Dollar is also high and our meat comes from there, our meat suppliers can’t give us a better price either.
We are all hoping that the Thai currency will lose a bit of its strength in the next months.

Hope you had a great time in Ao Nang,