Had a lovely 10 day stay there a couple of weeks ago. The resort is off the beaten track, but I don't think in Ao Nang that that matters. There was a shuttle in every hour (free) and to get back was 100 bt on a motorbike sidecar which was a laugh.
We ate at the place twice and both times the food was excellent and was decently priced, not much more than eating in Ao Nang.
The room, we had a Poolside Villa was brilliant. Really spacious, great bathroom, and lovely big bed.
The pool although not massive is adequate and has a beautiful mountain view. We never found a time when it wasn't easy to get a couple of loungers. On quite a few days we were the only ones at the pool.
No negatives really, the staff are lovely and helpful, especially one of the shuttle drives who never seemed to stop smiling, and when he saw us one morning worried about our trip people not arriving to go to Phi Phi took our booking form and one of the girls on reception pohoned them to make sure they were on their way...
Only thing I would say is that the place needs a little refurbishment, only on the staining side, as alot of the wooden floors are worn out and would look much better with wood stain on them....oh and the fish feature in reception...the pump is desperately in need of a clean, or at least hiding with some water plants.. also I think the price list in the room for any "damaged" or taken items, from sheets to towels etc etc is a bit over the top. Whether they are having people nicking all their stuff or having all their sheets badly stained I don't know, but that's the first place I've ever stayed that has said you would have to pay for bedding etc where they cant take the marks off. After paying well over £1000 to stay there I think this is a little unnecessary.Anyhow as you can see only minor things, and I would recommend it strongly. If you can stray in a poolside majestic suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort is 4 star where is to be discovered lying just ahead of panoramic mountain view on Aonang Beach in Krabi. The resort designed in contemporary style combining the idea of modern décor and tropical southern lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang