“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi

You added Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi to your Saves list
Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   521 Soi 11 Moo 2 Tumbol Aonang | Ampur Muang, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Special Price
Save upto 40-50%FREE WIFI
Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Ao Nang
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The stay was amazing at phu petra.two which I didnt like
1. The free transfer frm market to resort should be more frequent.
2. They charge very high if u make their bedsheets or towel dirty. At such high price one can easily buy a new one.

Apart frm this things were perfect over there.

• Stayed December 2012
Vipada, General Manager at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear our beloved guests:

We appreciate that you had it a whole period of perfect stay with us. For your remark on frequecy of free transfer to McDonald, we will take it into discussion to see what we can do. For your comment on high price to charge for dirty bedsheets or towels, this is applicable only when the whole bedsheet or towel is dirty that even chemical can not romove it off. In that case, we need to buy the new ones to replace. Thank you for your kind understanding.

We look forward to your returns.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Aonang Phu Petra would have been a great hotel had the service at reception been better and the breakfast not been so poor.
When we checked out we told them we needed to get to Krabi town to get a ferry to Phi Phi. They told us there was a shuttle for 100bht that went from McDonalds. It was 35 degrees and I had to carry all of our luggage to the main road to try and find the transfer service. At no point they offered to call us a cab or give us decent directions.
The breakfast consisted of multipack croissants and steamed hot dogs with a collection of cereals. Nice fresh fruit but for much less money we have stayed at far better places in Thailand. This was the most expensive of the hotels we have stayed at and has been the worst experience so far.

• Stayed January 2013
Vipada, General Manager at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear our beloved guests:

Thank you for giving us your observation. We are really sorry for our staff's information. That information is a good mean but lack of service initiation and efficiency. As you asked her how to get a transfer to Phi Phi Island, She should find a better choice for you; that calling our agency and pick you up here at our resort.

For our staff, we told her already of what and how to find the best choice for our guests when guests ask for help and support. She also passed her sincere apology to you. She is so new here but we believe she can make it a better service initiaion in this nearest time.

Our deepest apology made you upset and we promise to keep improved in the aspect you remarked.

Thank you again for you review and look forward to a chance to serve you again in the future

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is the place whice is very very great to stay. I went there on december 2012 for my honeymoon trip. First of all, I love the style of resort that is very nice and private. When I stepped into the room, it's very clean and beautiful. I got the flower decoration for my Honeymoon and my BF very love it. The bathroom itself is big and clean, both bathtab and shower were great.
Next thing that I like is the friendliness of the staff, they served a big smile to me very time I met them.
Finally, the swimming pool is an outstandingly area. I ordered some drink from the restaurant and I spend most of the day in this area. It's private which made me feel relax.
I want to confirm and recommend this place to all of you. It is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear our lovely guests:

We thank you very much for your feedback on our resort and hospitality. During these times, we are all working really hard to fulfill every need as our property is full booked lately. We are delighted that you have a very wonderful time in every aspect with us.

We promise to keep working hard and keep it as one step beyond as always.

We all look forward to your next returns.

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our friends (another couple) while travelling Thailand in November. While this resort is quite beautiful our experience was marred but the disappointing customer service we received.
What we liked:
-the rooms themselves are clean, spacious and well appointed with lots of storage for your belongings.
-this was the only place we stayed at in Thailand that had a bathtub. It was nice to soak in a bubble bath after a long day of touring around.
-the pool area was very beautiful

What we didn’t like:
First of all, it’s a bit off-putting to receive a lecture when you are shown to your room. I understand that they need to explain certain details to guests but you come away with the thought that this place has a lot of rules. And in case you are wondering here are some of the rules:
-no going in the pool past 8pm
-no outside drinks allowed at the pool
-the air conditioning can not be turned down past 24 degrees
-guests will be charged for soiled linens and towels

Now I understand most of these rules are probably in place for the enjoyment of all guests. Not everyone wants pool party keeping them up at 2am, but an 8pm curfew on the pool? Really? I just wanted to enjoy an evening swim. And do you really need to dictate what temperature I can keep my room at? As for the linens, what is considered soiled? Sure I can agree that if someone mops up curry sauce with a towel, it’s probably ruined and needs to be replaced. But what about washing my face? What if I get make up on a towel? I don’t really want to spend my vacation scrubbing the linens in the bathroom sink to ensure that I don’t get charged.

Also, our reservation stated that breakfast was included but when we went to the lobby for breakfast we were told our rooms would be charged 300 baht per person. We even showed them the email confirmation that stated breakfast was included and they would still not honour it.

So to sum it up: the resort is very lovely but too many rules for my liking. I get the impression that they had some terrible guests that ruined things for everyone else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear our valuable guests:

We appreciate your very positive review on our room. Thank you that you love our room very much. For what you pointed out mainly to our regulation, please to be informed that such regulation is very normal for every standard hotels/resorts or even for chain ones. I ask your kind understanding that the rules make all the guests stay in our resort happily that they can enjoy their fullest privacy and its serenity.

I will go of each that you raised in here.

- No going in the pool past 8 pm.
You pointed out to the rule that is written on board at around the swimming pool. This regulation is very very normal. Every hotel has this rule, not only us. Definitely, this is for your own safety. No guard is on duty to take care of you after 8.00 pm. That's the source of this rule. However, we are always flexible enough. Just that you ask us. We really can not doubt on every guests' mind of what they want should they don't let us know. Should you really want to swim after 8 pm., please please just inform us.

- No outside drinks allowed at the pool
This rule is also written on the same board. Please understand that this regulation is also very ordinary. We believe you will find the same regulation in other same standard or upper level hotels/resorts. For your own sake, we want to keep to swimming pool clean and clear.

- You receive a lecture when you are shown to your room.
Please do not say it "a lecture". It is our SOP to escort guests to their room. You will not walk and hold a key by yourselves. When you arrived, a key was already attached in your room. On the way to the room, our GSA will inform the information you need to know, such as Opening and Closing time of Restaurant, Breakfast time, Wifi, Free Internet usage, Mini shop, such and such. In your room, they will explain of everything so you stay in room at your fullest convenience and joys. Our effort is to inform guest the necessary information. The only reason of this is for your convenience. Most of our guests impressed of our escorting process. We apologize that our GSA might lack a sense to think over to your reaction of exhaustion and a need of a rest.

- The air conditioner can not be turned down below 24 Degrees
You might have a big misunderstanding here. You can of course turn it below 24 Degrees but we suggest you not to. We suggest, not dictate. This doesn't mean "can not". We do this for your own convenience since a cooling system of ours and yours at home is different. Some guests turn it to be 15 to 17 degrees because they want it to get cold immediately. An experience teaches us to write everything guests need to know down. It is better than to let you know after when the problem already raised. Please please understand that we do it for your full enjoyment and convenience. Even we have technician stand by until very late at night, we are happier to make sure you are happy without any problem incur with you.

- Your reservation is included breakfast
As rechecked your booking, we are certain that you bought Room only (Not included your breakfast). We honour you and honour all the truth. We respect you and all the guests and at the same time respect our pride. What indicate in the voucher is a General Term but if you look carefully or trace back in the system you made a reservation, it will say "Room Only".

- Guests will be charged for soiled linens and towels
Soiled linen is when they can not be washed naturally and we need to put a chemical to make it clean. Hence, don't be worried if you just use all linens normally and appropriately such as removing your make up. We are environmental friendliness Resort. Please understand that we don't want to use any kind of chemical into our linens. If that linens are used inappropriately such as use face towel to wipe your shoes that filled of shoes wax the other days before, which we have met numbers of cases, the whole linens become black and can not be washed naturally. We really need to ask for your understanding in a matter and help us the save the world as well.

We respect and honor you as our important guests. We, as hard working people, serve and do our best in every aspect to ensure you receive the best and outstanding services and hospitalities. You are priority and rules will make you blissful and cheerful in our property. We believe you might don’t want other guests to create a noise and interrupt your vacation, you might don’t want air conditioner to break down when you are having a nicest dream. If look in another viewpoint, you will see our concernedness and goodwill.

A long explanation to this line is to make you understand us. What you review is a bit hurt us as a serious working people. Your kind understand in the above matters will be our highest appreciation.

If you think we can be a choice of yours in your trip, we are all delighted should you return.

Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had visited Krabi for 5 days in December (2012) for my honeymoon and these guys made it perfect!. I had booked the Hillside room and the service was impeccable.
These guys also helped me trace my camera from my airport cab.
The check in is at 2 pm so book your flights accordingly.
For vegetarians: Avoid the restaurant as on the main shopping street there are many Indian veg restaurants.. exp Tandoori Nights and Taj Palace.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vipada, General Manager at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear our beloved guests:

We appreciate your pleasant stays with us. We already passed on your message to all of our staff. Our honour for all the helps and supports that we can do for you as our valuable guests.

We wish for many chances to serve you again in this nearest future.

Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at the Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi for 5 nights in December 2012 on my Honeymoon and would like to agree with some of the negative reviews they have got in the last few months. Its also quite pricey as compared to the other resorts in the area. One thing i would like to highlight is that its a beautiful resort with an awesome views around the swimming pool area. Also the rooms are quite spacious and well done but that's it..

Right from the time you enter the place you will be bombarded with instructions about what things you shouldn't do. The room itself features a lot of instructions about not soiling the bed-sheets and towels which can get very irritating.The front desk staff also can be quite rude and unwelcoming unexpected in a country like Thailand. I remember a night wherein i wanted to play foosball at 8 pm and was refused permission saying that it could get noisy. How can a foosball game be noisy?

The resort itself is about a 15 min walk from the beach and the road leading up to the main road can get very lonely during the night. I was a little skeptical about staying out during nights as i was allotted a villa at the rear end and the resort itself is very badly lit. You can barely see the paths leading up to your rooms during the night. The last pick up from Mc Donalds is also as early as 9:15 pm. I would suggest you rent a scooter from a near by place for about 200 Bhat if you want to stay here. i also dint receive any signal on my true move phone while in the villa.

One night i ordered a bucket of ice and was charged 40 Bhat for the same. You can get a bucket of ice free of cost in any hotel/ resort across Thailand but not here. Also the air conditioning is quite inadequate for such a large villa. I realized that the air conditioning in my villa had not been serviced for quite some time and there are signs suggesting that you don't lower the temperature below 24 degrees. That's insane especially considering the heat in Thailand. The swimming pool itself is very small and gets crowded during the day. It's only 5 ft deep. Breakfast is also quite inadequate with no option for hot milk. One morning i found flies in the basket of fresh fruits.Tea and Coffee also are hid away in their restaurant. This is not a place where you can just walk down and experience Krabi.

While writing this review i also realized that the resort is has slipped from third to fourth place in its TripAdvisor ratings. I had high expectations from this resort however i suggest you look out for other places in Ao Nang!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vipada, General Manager at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear our lovely guests:

After read along from the beginning to the end, we are so sorry for your unfavourable stays. What we did wrong, we have never hesitated to give our guests with our sincere apology and fix it promptly. When it is not, we will explain. In your case, we have no such opportunity to clarify. From what we acknowledged your message here, we will go one by one.

1. Instruction in room
Every note and message in room will help you and our other guests note for all necessary information. You will observe that we inform you everything upon your arrival to give essential knowledges. We ask for your kind understand that this will help us expedite great service delivered to you.

2. Our staff was rude and unfriendly
Please be noted for the difference between regulation and welcoming Thai smile service. We put a football table in an open area that it generates a very loud noise to others. (Due to our limited space, we can not put it in room) This football table can disturb others as we have ever been complained about this before. A regulation paper attached clearly on the wall of opening hours between 11.00 am. - 04.00 pm. We don't mean to have so much regulation for guests but since we take care for all. We must also think of other guests as well. We hope you understand a matter.

3. Road is dark and villa is badly lit
Actually there are lights along the way to the resort but as you said it might still dark in some point of a street. We suggest you to go or come back with our shuttle bus or you can rent a scooter. With scooter, it is much easier and you can go anywhere and come back at anytime you wish. For your observation regarding to a darkness in some certain villas, we will take it to our consideration to make it improved.

4. No signal for True Move
Sorry about an inconvenience caused to you regarding a matter. A signal of True Move lost in some certain point of villa; it might cause a bit inconvenience that you need a walk to search for that signal. We heard that True Move has a plan to generate signal in this proximate areas soonest, to inform you a good news. This is beyond our control really. Your understanding in an issue will be highly appreciated.

5. Ice bucket costs at 40 Baht
Thanks for your remark. We will discuss in team for a change that may be applied soon.

6. Air conditioner was not cold
As long as an air conditioner is working, it will generate a cold temperature. Our remote control has so many functions; I'm afraid you might press it in a wrong button. We love it if you will let us know during your stay, we will immediately fix or give you a knowledge. A paper to inform "Please do not adjust it below 24 degrees" is for your convenience. We hope you understand that each of our guest has various preference and has a sense of "hot" or "cold" differently. Besides that, our air conditioner will generate a cold temperature in about 15 minutes later on. Some of our guests love it to be very cold. Even we as Thai people think it's cold enough but they want it more, while some others want it to get cool immediately. In this case, they adjust the temperature to be 17 or 15 or even below this mentioned degrees. This will make all function knock down. Please to be noted that we give our guests notice because we try to deliver the best and fast service. An experience teaches us to inform guests everything, not to let guests know it later. Each function has its limitation, not because we use low quality product but because our facilities and yours at home is different. We give knowledge not because we think guests has no knowledge but because we have an experience of our service delay when guests have not been informed of its instruction. Please to be kind for your understanding.

7. Breakfast was inadequate and discovered flies in fruit
Thanks for your observation. We already discussed in team and will make it improved immediately.

We thank you for your positive reviews on our property and villa and appreciated your negative remarks as well for all above mentioning. We understand your point of view. Some of them, we promise to make it adjusted and improved, some really can not be since we take care for all. We definitely want to see all our guests' happiness and joys but as said there are some limited conditions; we can not really do everything to satisfy for all. You might don't like some of our regulation while others are appreciated that. We can not doubt but we do it all best.

Sorry that our limitation is some areas made you felt disappointed. We listen and will make changes of what we can do.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

To be utterly clear - this a beautiful hotel, in a stunning setting surrounded by mountains.

We arrived at 1 but our room was not yet ready so we had lunch in the restaurant which was lovely. Our room was ready shortly before two. We had a villa to the right of the swimming pool which was stunning, very pretty and spacious.

As for the spa, we had a Thai massage in the hotel which was lovely and a great experience but we regretted it afterwards due to the price - we noted you could get it a lot cheaper in the Ao Nang town.

Breakfast was delicious and again couldn't fault it. We also hired a moped through the hotel which was a great way to get around and very good service.

Overall, it is a beautiful hotel but is probably more suited for someone who is happy to stay around the hotel as the price does not warrant the inconvenience of the location. I would say that I have stayed in equally or more luxurious places in Thailand for less money. If it was in a better location and to the current standard I may find the price more agreeable but unfortunately it's a bit removed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear our valuable guests:

We thank you for most of the parts you love our property and give us positive reviews. Please be noted of your remarks on our room rate and massage price as following. Please be noted that our room rate is comparable to others in the same category in proximate area. Regarding to the location, we are very small luxurious resort and was awarded by Hotelclub as an "Outstanding Secluded Boutique Resort" we are not on the beach that we are so clear about this at the very beginning. However, it takes only 5 minutes by car or scooter to get to the beach. With us, you are safe and surrounded by its serenity and it is not difficult at all to get fun on the beach.

In addition to the massage, we are asking you not to compare our service with the others outside. It is incomparable in term of service quality and convenience you will receive from us. We ask your kind understanding for a matter.

Last but not least, we thank you from our heart you chose us and spent the most enjoyable and precious time with us during special season. It is our highest honour really.

Please come back. We all await of your next returns.

Best regards,

Been to Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi? Share your experiences!