“Great spot for some r&r near Aonang” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi

Save Saved
You added Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi to your Saves list
Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   521 Soi 11 Moo 2 Tumbol Aonang | Ampur Muang, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Special Price
Save upto 55-65%FREE WIFI
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Ao Nang
Singapore, Singapore
“Great spot for some r&r near Aonang”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nice location outside the main tourist streets and along a small road about 20 mins walk to town or 5 mins on a motorbike. Nice quiet (when theyre not playing euro techno or cheesy xmas music) clean pool with nice view of the cliffs.
Room was large and clean with a large bath and shower
Breakfast was good but didn't try lunch or dinner.
They made me sign an inventory for the mini-bar which is ridiculous, even though they have your credit card they don't trust you with a few drinks and snacks! Apart from that service was great

• Stayed December 2012
Vipada, General Manager at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear our valuable guests:

Our sincere appreciation for the greatest chance to serve you. We all here worked hard to welcome you and assured your comfort while you were here.

Please to be noted that your notice on signing minibar did not mean that we had no trust in you as a guest but we have encountered many problems regarding to a minibar made a checking out process last longer than expected. This way will insure both side; from our side, we want to be certain that we put it the complete set of minibar and all amenities in rooms with your acknowledgement.

For your remark on X'Mas and Techno songs, please to be informed that we do normally not open that kind of songs except the special holidays or special dinners set up for our guests in which we always inform you in advance.

Thank you for both of your good reviews and remarks. We will always step it extra miles.

We all await your next return with happy anticipation.

Best regards and Have a very Happy New Year

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights with my GF

Upon entering, hotel looks kinda old but staff are great. generally they will advise you on what to do and where to go for your stay

took a while to check into our room so we went ahead for our lunch in the restaurant. Ordered Thai food, was not that great but is edible. Service was excellent though especially the male staff

Our resort is facing the main road but is okay, Kampong style resort. Huge sliding doors separates the outside from the bedroom. HUGE bedroom and comfy. Really looks wonderful for a honeymoon or relaxing trip. Comfy bed and good enough amenities for the price

GF stepped into the bathroom and was shocked. the bathroom is fantastic. agreed with her. all facilities looks modern and have more than enough space for our toiletries.

Krabi is a relaxing spot so we spend the next few days chilling at the beach and in Ao nang.

Main road is about 15 mins from the Hotel and the shuttle service stops at the Mcdonalds on the main road and it ends kinda early. think is about 915pm?

Food there is great, beach is fantastic, didnt try the water sports though. will definitely try the next time im back with my friends

On the 2nd night, the power went off for a large part of the town and it was past the shuttle service. We were disgruntled and decided to walk back to our hotel using the lights from our HP. as most cabs were hired by other travellers.

Walk into the road and was kinda lost in the middle of the total darkness. On the way back to the main road, saw the shuttle service though it was way past the last timing. they recognized us immediately. the staff actually went back to the service stop to try and bring back as many travelers back to the hotel (who wants to go back) when they realized the power shortage.

Real heartwarming service. Will definitely be back there when i head back to Krabi again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear our beloved guests:

Nothing is appreciated more than your compliment on our great warmest service. I did pass your message to every HODs and staff. They were happy to know that.

In addition, we are please to know that you did love and feel excited of our room and decoration in room.

For food taste, we will keep improved to meet your needs. Another remark on property, we are actually new compare to others (Aonang Phu Petra Resort has been openned for 3 years: FYI.)

Thank you for leaving us with good reviews and at the same time with nice observations.

We wait for your returns.

Happy New Year

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

enjoyable stay.
room with patio (half of villa) - spacious and comfortable, big bathroom with basin in the middle of the bathroom. as we were traveling with 1yo baby beautiful wooden cot was provided (requested at the booking).
service - friendly staff always willing to help. hotel has a hourly shuttle bus (pickup) to town and selected time slots for return journey. cost of the tuk tuk 100bhat (5min away). haven't try spa as we treated ourselves by the beach (more choice with nice view +half price)
restaurant - scenic, overlooking pool and amazing cliffs. had a dinner on arrival which was very good, but missing atmosphere due to limited number of diners. room service also good at reasonable price. tasty standard daily breakfast buffet. there is a decent restaurant up the road with delicious Thai/German food (slightly cheaper than hotel, but in my opinion much tastier). we went there for Saturday's BBQ buffet (250bhat)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear our lovely guests:

Thank you for giving us the great honor of allowing us to serve you. Upon learning that you have nice experience with us, we are very delighted.

To answer some of your remarks:

For Food taste
we will not stop improving to make it tastier and tastier.

Another observation of few diners in the restaruant
We have only 25 villas. There are actually numbers of guests dine at the restaurant; things can be that you show up when there is few in the restaurant.

Thank you for your positive reviews and for your useful observations. We will walk forward to make a step beyond.

Happy New Year

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband, 10 year old daughter and I have just returned from a 15 night stay at the Phu Petra and I can honestly say we had the most fantastic holiday, all of the staff we fantastic, helpful, kind and went out if there way to make our stay and other guests happy. The rooms are spacious with most beautiful bathrooms and were cleaned daily, the pool is amazing with the most stunning views and breakfast provided us with lots of choice. The manager and the staff all work tirelessly to provide impeccable service and we would return without hesitation. Thank you to you all for an amazing holiday

Dear Our Beloved Guests:

We are so proud to note that our property and Thai hospitality made you and your family the very special persons. Very appreciated we are and I already passed on your message to all staff to fill their spirit during busy seasons.

We will continue to work hard to deliver our Thai smile and warmest hospitality to all our lovely guests.

Mumbai, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I visited this place as a part of my honeymoon. And at the very beginning that i reached the hotel i feel the indifference towards guests. First i was made to wait for an hour even after they knew of my flight timings. Next the people at the receiption were not friendly at all. Siriluck the lady at the reception had an eternal frown on her face. As a part of the package they had offered us a cake and one thai set dinner. The very fact that we were jet lagged and were tired did not make a difference to Ms. Siriluck who wanted us to confirm when we would be having our dinner and made us choose the dinner menu at the same very moment. Even after telling her that we were tired and would like to make the choices later in the day made no difference to the lady. The cake was absolutely crap and was tasteless. Then as i enter my room i notice a few insects and when i called the reception about the problem, it took them half hour to communicate to the housekeeping people about the problem. and the housekeeping took another half hour to attend to the problem. Thats when i realised that i had made a wrong choice.
The rooms are just about what u would want on a holiday and no complaints about that. But they make you feel that we as guests are always responsible for any damage as i notice a instruction from the manager on my bed that if their towels are soiled then we would have to bear the costs of cleaning them!!!! That outrageous!!!! who in the world assumes that their guests would want to soil their towels beyond recognition???? again bad choiceof words / message from the manager!!!!
Dont book the Phi Phi Island tour from the hotel guys as here again they would cheat you. As when i struck a deal with these guys they told me at the reception that it would be 1200 THB per person but then later while making the payment they went back on their words and tell me that they would charge a good 1300 THB, while later i found out that the same package costs 1100 THB max in the market area in Aonang. That was another irritating incident but i even let go of the problem as i did not want an issue during my honeymoon.
The last and most humiliating part was that when i checked out of the hotel they accuse me of taking their bathrobe!!!!!! I checked out at 8 am as my flight to bangkok was at 10 and i asked siriluck to complete all other fomalities untill i wud complete my breakfast. They dont inform me of any issues untill i am almost loaded in the car and ready to move out that they have a bathrobe missing and Siriluck suggests that i must have taken it. All this is told to me at 8:30 when my travel to karbi airport would take half hour and it was too much of a touch and go situation. They wanted to check my luggage to see if i had taken the bathrobe. At the entrance of the hotel all my luggage is pulled out of the car and checked one by one and they found nothing!!!!! They did not even care to apologise for the whole humiliating event!!!!!!
Also the driver who dropped us off to the airport did not even bother to unload my luggage and load it on a trolley at the airport. I had to do everything myself!!!! now that was rubbing salt on my already wounded ego!!!!!
I urge every fellow traveller to ao nang to never visit this place. There are 100s of other better options at Ao nang than this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vipada, General Manager at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear our valuable guests:

We are sincerely sorry for what we made you felt in the way of terrible and bitter feeling especially on the day you checked out from here. We are deeply sorry for that experience caused from our unprofessional hospitality. However, there are things you misunderstood and we ask you a space in here to explain. In this case, we hope you to feel a bit better.

Moreover, we apologize for K. Siriluck’s bahaviour and her reaction. Actually, she is a good supervisor who always cares her customers. Things can be miscommunication or her reaction misled you. Not to make an excuse, we say “sorry” here really that her message or body language made you feel in a way of unfriendliness welcome.

Let me go one by one for your inconveniences you experienced.

1. Check in time
A time for checking in is at 2.00 pm. Should the room is ready and there are no guests in your room, we have no reason not to let you go straight to the room especially when we note of your jet lag. However, in your case, you came very early in the morning and we had other guests who stayed at your room and waited for checking out. Luckily that they checked out early and our room attendance took times to clean up your room fast. Your room is ready before 12.00 midday, please be noted.

2. Insect in the room
Our apology for a service’s delay. Actually it should not take more than 15 minutes to communicate among concerned departments and show up into your room. There are some cases that a delay can be happened due to our queues, but every delay will be well informed to our guests. As K. Siriluck already left from our property, we really could not ask from her of what made a delay. Yet, I will definitely get back to other involved departments and seek for the reason of what made it not prompt to our standard time and why you have not been informed of a delay.

3. Instruction on the bed
There is the reason why we put that awareness notice into the room. We think guests should be well informed. We don’t want our guests to have negative feeling of a thing without any prior knowledge. We charge for only the linens that can not be washed with normal bleaching and need to be spotted. Please be noted we bear it a high cost before; every week, we found at least 2-3 cases of dirty linens that can not be cleaned with normal bleaching solution. And please note, we are Environmental Friendly Resort, We always insist of our point of saving the world and we highly recommend our guests to be a part of it in Saving the World.

Our message in room is…
“We, Aonang Phu Petra Resort, highly appreciate for the honor to deliver our warmest hospitality to all lovely clients. For your utmost convenience we prepare all necessary types of cleanest linens to use in your room. This is to inform our clients to use all types of linens appropriately and suitably.

Any discolored linens made intentionally or accidentally, charges may apply depending on the cause of and quantity of discoloration. We normally use normal bleaching solutions to take out any stains; not use any chemical bleaching solution, to preserve environmental health and to avoid air pollution. Together, we can build a good environment with harmony in nature so your help is really a matter.

We thank you for your understanding and may you have a pleasant and relaxing moment throughout the whole stays.

Management Team
Aonang Phu Petra Resort”

To write it all here in detail to let you re-read and understand our point.

4. Tour price
In this situation, we think you had big misunderstanding. After reading your message, only problem we got it in here is our information in hand was not professional enough. Two people told you two different prices. We will take this error to improve. Please be noted for one thing that normal price of Phi Phi Island is 1,500 Baht per pax. Every each price below this is our promotion and I assumed for our staff’s confusion of this promotion made them two told you different thing. We are so sorry for such confused information in their hand. Please be also noted that you can not really compare our price with others outside the resort. We sell it a “Quality”, They sell it a “Quantity”. To use the word “Cheating” is a way to be too much cruel for us. With our dignity, that have never come to our idea.

5. Bathrobe
Please allow us to apologize for what K. Siriluck did that. We assume it was not her intention to create such an awkward and embarrassing situation for you. Her behavior might show that it was extremely inappropriate but I assume she did not mean to make you feel in that way. She said to me that after discussing with you, she could not conclude where the lost item was and you offered to open one of your luggage (not all) to make things clear. It’s not our policy to seek the lost items from our guests’ luggage. When she noted for your fury, she called me and asked for my advice of what to do. Just at that time I had been acknowledged for a situation and noted for how anger you were. I said to her stop doing that and please say “sorry” to you. FYI: she tried to find the truth for the lost bathrobe because everyone concerned were very certain that they put them two in your room. We work on every single detail with our dignity based on standardized system. The items in room are not included in room price and we bare a really high cost on the lost items. Until now, that’s still a mystery since we have no idea where it is. Please, again, accept our faithful apology for the inconvenience you experienced in respect to this issue.

6. A driver
As for Thai Hospitality, a driver supposed to help you unloading your luggage. We have our own contracted driver who has service mind and very warm Thai hospitality. In your case, he was unavailable and fixed with his schedule. We then outsourced other taxi company. After note your message, we already called them and let them know a circumstance, they said sorry and kept promise to improve their people and service.

Last but not least, we thank you for your appreciation to our room. As a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that some situation we mistakenly made will never happen again as our every guests deserve the very best. We take pride in ensuring all our guests’ satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. We promise to improve our people and unprofessional service; at the same time we are asking for your kind understanding for those you excessively accused our fault to be some kind of cheating. With our pride and dignity, those never come to our thought.

We apologize for the distress we have caused you and thank you for your listening our side. We are committed to provide our guests with the highest level of our service professionalism and we will continue to make it a step beyond.

singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

The villa is spacious and beautifully decorated. The bathroom is huge and comfortable. The staff were really friendly and helpful, they made my stay fun and enjoyable. The cost of the hotel is a little pricey. The pool is very nice. It's a lil out of the way and U'll need transport to get to Ao Nang. But the hotel provides transport there every hourly. At specific time they also pick u up from Ao nang. I stayed there for 6 days. I'll recommend that you can stay 2 -3 days at Phu Petra Ao Nang and consider staying at railay beach for a few other days. Railay beach can only be reached by a long tail boat but the beach is much nicer that Ao Nang though the food is very much more expensive. Or wat you can do is to take the boat to Railay and back to Ao Nang for the day .

• Stayed December 2012
Vipada, General Manager at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear our beloved guests:

We are glad to hear that you had the whole fun and enjoyable time with us at Aonang Phu Petra Resort. For your big compliment to our staff, we already passed on to them.

Anything that we can do to make you happy, we will not hesitate to make it happen. We hope for a chance to best serve you again in the future.

KL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Family of three spent 4 nights there and found room and their services are excellent. However kids park is not well maintain and its just too small. We enjoyed our time there and appreciated their friendly hospitality services.Conclusion, it's worthwhile resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vipada, General Manager at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear our lovely guests:

Thank you and thank you for your good time in here. We will continue keep it pieces of great and remarkable work to make our guests happy in our property. For your kind remark on kid garden, we will discuss in team and make it improved.

Please return here whenever you come to Krabi.

Best regards,

Been to Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi? Share your experiences!