I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel six nights in then end of September 2012.
We had booked transfer from the airport. This worked fine, we were met by a civilian dressed driver and taken to his car, an old Volvo from the 80's. It was ok but not what you expect from a 4 star hotel!
Upon check-in we were told to wait since the room had to be cleaned because of late check-out previous guests. This turned out to be not true! I could see with my own eyes that the reason was that the son of the owner was showing some rooms, including our, to some people. So we had to wait in the lobby because of a big lie! Rule number one, never lie to a guest if the guest can proove it!
The hotel has a free shuttle bus to the "town" every hour and with return 20 minutes past the hour at certain hours. We took the bus and also talked with the driver about the pick-up time two hours later. We were standing at the meeting point waiting and waiting in the pouring rain. No driver showed up! So we took a tuk-tuk back to the hotel. When we told them they said they were so sorry but the driver had forgot! The regular driver had an day off. The bus was parked just outside the open reception, so why didn't anyone then remind him? The would of course deduct the 60 baht from our bill as compensation... One member of the owner family was standing there, saying nothing. Did they deduct 60 baht from the bill? No. So yet another lie.
The son of the owner is working at the hotel. At least he is present there. For two days he was playing with a new door bell, sounding like the 7-11. This made echo all over the hotel area, including the pool and our cottage. "Ding-dong! You are welcome!". Quite annoying to hear this for two days! When we told him he said he was sorry and asked if it was disturbing!
The last day, Sept 30, a girl from the reception put up a paper on the message board. Not saying anything. When I went a looked the message was that the pool was to be closed fron 1pm onwards for cleaning. The message came up at 10.40am. This was the second not rainy day for a whole week. Guests got angry so they changed the cleaning until the day after!
The hotel is not a 4-star hotel! For example they didn't make a turn-down in the evenings. The didn't come and spray for mosquitoes (which we had a lot of). They didn't supply with mosquito protection outside. They smoked the area once for mosquitoes. Typically this hotel, they announced with a paper on the bed that they should do this action at 1pm. Did they start at 1? No, they started at 4pm. This annoyed people since everyone was planning after the message.
The hotel could be very good. It is nice situated. It has all the possibilities to be very good, even outstanding. Unfortunately it seemed too much to be the playground for the owner family. Not seeming to know how to run a hotel and how to make it good for the guests!
They had newspapers in the lobby. But noone of the staff seemed to care about maintaining them. Not changing to new ones day by day.
The clocks in the lobby showing the time in different cities around the world were not accurate. They hadn't bothered to adjust for daylight saving time. And, typically this hotel, noone bothered when told about it.
The resque for this hotel is the staff at the restaurant. The supervisor is doing a very good job! The cooks are very good and cooking very good food. The menu is various with many good items and they are all cooked to almost perfection. And, the prices are not too high! The breakfast buffet was ok, but what can you expect when not so many guests? Some days there was no buffet but you could order from the menu.
This hotel is not better than an average 3 star hotel. I'm sorry to say that. There are so many things to shape up. You can't afford to make all this blunders if you you claim to play in the upper scale!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
First of all we must say thank you of choosing us to stay for almost a week. With my double reading from the very start to the very end, I am very sorry and sad to note that you have an anger feeling remained with you after your checking out from our property. Your negative comments will be of course our treasure for us to make it even better and be more watchful of some minor details in order to make it reach to the perfection stage in both area of services and functions. However, for your praise on Restaurant Outlet, I already passed it on to our Deputy FB Manager. We thank you for this.
Report response as inappropriate
As a hard working people, I don’t deny that we made a mistake sometimes. However, what I am certain about me myself and my working people is we all try so hard to do it best and if we did it wrong, we have never hesitated to make it right promptly.
During your stay, I observed you smile and seemed to be happy everyday. Some bothersome event while you were staying in here, you let us know and we did improve it and make it on track to keep you and other guests happy. Thus, please allow me to go one by one.
1. The driver with his car picked you up at the airport is our outsource driver. He is a good driver who is always eager and attentive to serve our guests with his sincerity. We think that it should be more than enough. With Volvo, but still take you safely to the hotel with his nice greeting and smile, sorry to say that. Somehow it does not really matter how it looks but it is a matter of how it function and make you feel special.
2. Your room was inspected by other people previously made you waited a bit longer. We apologized for this matter. Please to be kind to listen what I will explain. We had an inspection appointment with agent at 2 pm. and normally we will take our agents to inspect every room type. Only your room, as Suite Room type, that could be inspected at that time. Since some other Suite Rooms are occupied and some are on maintenance so we decided to put it the same room of yours. You told it “a lie” You could said that but please understand it was actually a “white lie” and we didn’t want you to feel bad of saying the truth that “Can you please wait a bit longer because we need to take our agent to inspect your room first?” They just came in that room not more than 5 minutes. When finish, our staff asked you that your room was ready and she would be right there to escort you to the room. You said “Later” because you wanted to take your time drinking in the restaurant first. In addition, you mentioned the son of owner, I don’t know how you know who is the son of the owner. Everyone worked and had no privilege from the owner. We just hope you will be generous enough to also understand our side too.
3. The shuttle bus missed to take you back and made you waited 20 minutes. This was our mistake and we took it to improve. As soon as we noted your complaints of the thing, we gave a complimentary fruit plate to you with an apologized card. You said it was fine now. I noted it later on after you checked out that our staff informed you about money (60 Baht) refunded back to you for Tuk Tuk that you took it back to the resort but on the other hand you said that “The feeling is much more important” made our staff thought you did not want money back and you could be feel really bad of the situation if we still repeated to return that amount back. Then we did not say the thing twice. At the time of your checking out, our Assistance FO Manager printed the bill, you mentioned nothing about that money so we didn’t want to bring it back to make you felt terrible once again. When you reached back home, you emailed back to the resort that you just checked the bill and found out that 60 Baht did not refunded back to you so you wanted the amount back. We responded back to you later within 3 hours of the same day after got your email that we would return it back to you and mentioned how we would make it back to you. Thus, please be kind not to say we tell you a lie. I am pretty sure of miscommunication between us made we both misunderstood. You mentioned a lot about one of owner family. To be fair, I think it has nothing to do with owner family because we believe we do it in systematic management. Even 5 of 6 stars hotel can make a mistake. I, as a General Manager, was standing there and remembered that I had a conversation with you and gave you my big apology just right there.
4. For door bell that you heard is an automatic door bell that we attached it in our Mini Shop to make it fine for our guests when buying stuff. Since our staff will not all the time stand by at Mini Shop. With this way, our GSA will acknowledge and ready to serve and be just right there to answer your question and request. We choose to test it at that time because not so many guests in the resort and we might test it by lacking our knowledge of the cause of annoying noise to you. Once you informed us, we listened and interacted by asking you back for this disturbance and every test we were doing all stopped in that minute. We apologized for this event but please be noted that we were prompt to mend and made it back to the right direction immediately. The one who test it is Engineer and me. It has nothing to do with the Son of the Owner. Please to inform you.
5. For the resort’s fumigation, we did it twice a month and we will inform on board at lobby and put the message on our guests’ bed 2 days earlier to make them planned. The mistake came up when our fumigation team we have hired came later than we both set. During the time, our Technician followed up and blamed the manager of a team and still made it late for 2 hours. They actually came at 3.00 pm. (not 4 pm.) but he did other process and smoked at 4.00 pm. as you observed. On that day I did not show up because I had a business trip in BKK. Once I was back a day later and noted for the message from my Technician, I called the team manager and complained a lot that he kept promising not to make it happen again. On the day later (which is your checking out day) our Assistance Front Manager posted the message of big cleaning of swimming pool and inform for closing it at 10.40 pm. onwards as planned. After posting it on board, some of our guests complained about the day-before situation that we were not on time as announced made them not to use the pool. After acknowledged the entire previous day situation and for the other complaints on big cleaning of the swimming pool, I thus inform my staff to change it to be a day later. That was the truth behind the event. I did not deny of my staff’s faulty not previously inform the big cleaning day in advance one day earlier. For the fumigation team’s dispunctuality, even out of our control, we are still say “sorry” and will be much more be careful and have a second plan always. We wish you have some compassion to understand the situation.
6. For the turn-down, we don’t have it as you mentioned. Please understand that even we are 4-star hotel. Each hotel has unique characteristic and policy. For an insect repellant, it is upon request and you can always ask for it with our Front Desk. We have the reason not to put it at your hand in room.
7. For newspaper that you mentioned, normally the newspaper will come earlier day before (eg. For Thai Newspaper dd. 4th October 2012 will come on 3rd October 2012 but For Bangkok Post it will come on time) The newspaper delivery guys will deliver it in the afternoon and our Bell Boy will put it on rack at 4.00 pm. This to make it a bit delay and guests still can keep it up with the news before. However, with your useful observation, I will change it to put it promptly.
8. Your remark on the worldwide clock not accurate, as recheck with my IPhone, it works well and accurate. Please to be informed this.
We really thank you for all your watching that make us improve. We are not trying to make any excuse but to ask for a space to clarify the truth of our side. Many comments are really good to make us be more detailed and foresee the situation. We promise to keep it improved. We wish that you will somehow write some positive review regarding how willingly we tried to make you happy, how much of our effort to solve the problem promptly while you stayed in here, how we coordinated with team member to buy some specific vegetable that we not normally stock but requested by you to make you a special meal.
Last but not least, with your criticizing develop us a motivation to make it to the excellent and outstanding stage for all of our guests. Thank you.
If we still your choice, we are glad, and always, we welcome your returns in the future.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.