Honestly, I don't understand how this hotel managed to get such a good rating. Maybe people visiting it haven't had much experience with visiting hotels? To me, it nearly felt like being on a camping. Location quite far from the center, so the best thing si to rent a motorbike which is an extra cost of 300 Baht/day. The garden smelled weird in certain areas, a bit similar to the smell when being at a zoo. We stayed in the best room near the pool, I think one would feel very deceived when booking one of the other rooms, because the only thing nice about this place was the size of the room. The cleaning lady had forgotten to clean behind the toilet. Arrival was without a smile, treated like a number. Breakfast was o-k. Internet didn't work properly in the rooms. Pool felt claustrophobic, with the sunbeds very close and facing each other, but the mountain view is a plus. Sometimes the reception was friendly and some staff were doing a good job but others were sadly a joke, most of the time very unefficient, almost making us waste a considerable amount of time by not understanding our English. When we asked the way to the Tiger Cave Temple, they forwarded us to the Shell station and told us to ask further directions there... it felt as if she wanted us to book a tour. We stayed in a "majestic" suite, which had a good size and nice design. The toilet smelled bad though and we found a trail of ants climbing from the wall at one point. Motorbikes rental slightly overpriced, drink menu slightly overpriced. Don't try the cocktails. Food very basic and slightly overpriced, but no complaints about taste. Only tried one soup and one rice dish. Once we called a taxi and wanted to annulate it (10min later while it was due to be there in 1 hour). For this service we payed nearly the double of what would be considered a good price, and they "couldn't annulate the contract with the taxi company". Yeah right, very disappointed. Coming back to Thailand but definitely not to this place nor region. Ao Nang itself is quite filthy as well, sad to say. Happy we only needed to stay for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort is 4 star where is to be discovered lying just ahead of panoramic mountain view on Aonang Beach in Krabi. The resort designed in contemporary style combining the idea of modern décor and tropical southern lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, HostelBookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang