“Don't miss this little gem before you head out of Krabi!” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Attraction Details
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Santa Clara
“Don't miss this little gem before you head out of Krabi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Pear was our teacher this evening and Mr.Oh was our driver!

They were amazing and super friendly. We had soooo much fun learning the real side of Thailand!

Visited January 2014

Caxias Do Sul, RS
“Great food, great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I did the cooking corse today and I am absolutely happy about it!
The other students never came and they were so kind to give me a private class :)
Mr. Oh was my teatcher and cooked every dish with me, giving me all the tips I needed. He was just great, a lovely good heart Thai person!
The place is clean, organized, the ingredients are fresh. Also, the place is relaxing, such a relieve after spending some time at the touristic area of Ao Nang.
They also pick you up at your hotel and take you back after the class.
And, of course, you get a cooking book at the end of the class and all you cooked - including a take away service, just in case you are not able to eat everything at once but want to grab your own delicious Thai food later.
Great experience!

Visited January 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Brilliant experience, do not miss!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

This was an amazing experience and definitely not to be missed if you're in the area. We booked through our hotel and got a discount and picked up. We paid 1000 baht for the 7 course option (usually 1600), and it took about 3 hours to get through. Luckily it wasn't great weather outside so a perfect opportunity to do something like this - I'm not sure it would have been as good if it was sunny or very hot outside. Our chef for the session was called Ni and was very friendly (and patient). We were in a group of six, but the place could hold 12 - I was glad of the smaller group number.

We were provided with an apron each, a station at one large table (complete with our own chopping block and knife) and a cooking station. We were asked to go and wash our hands and join Ni at the our chopping station. Everything was set up for us to chop as and when Ni advised. I was conscious that the meat (chicken) we were using was sitting out covered and waiting on us. Up until this point I had avoided chicken but there was no way I wasn't going to eat the food I had cooked myself, but it was fine anyway.

For the 7 courses we got to pick one option from 3 for each course. I chose to make: Hot & Sour Prawn Soup, Chicken & Cashew Noodles, Cucumber salad, Banana spring rolls, Pumpkin & Coconut milk, the Red Curry paste and subsequently the red curry (although I could have made the Panang curry too) - the other option was Green curry paste and curry. The session was split into three so we could make something and then enjoy eating it before it got cold. By the 2nd sitting, I was so full and had a feast in front of me....but I certainly didn't want to waste it :)

The food was absolutely delicious and I couldn't believe I had made it, and with so little ingredients (compared to how I would approach at home). I have some experience with Thai cooking but really enjoyed getting to know some new ingredients and a different approach to it.
Ni was a brilliant teacher and very organized. She made sure everyone was on the same page and checked in on anyone looking a bit lost.

This was an amazing experience learning from an expert but also getting to learn on your own. I went with four others I knew which made the experience even better, but it was a relaxed and social enough atmosphere that it would have been easy enough to cook with others I didn't know. We were also given a cook book with all the recipes we made (and didn't make). I would recommend this to anyone who is nearby and at any cooking skill level.

Visited November 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Just back from an afternoon at Smart Cook,Thai cookery school what an amazing experience, very informative and interesting NI was a great teacher,very patient and has good English,she also remembered everyones names!everything is clean and some things prepared in advance for you to save some time,we paid 1000 baht for 7 courses, they also pick u up and drop you back at your hotel.great value for money!you also get a little cookery book at the end,which has pictures of the ingredients and explanations of everything.I would highly recommended this course if you are interested in Thai cookery.

Visited November 2013
Hong Kong
“Not quite as promised”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I had signed up for a day course in the city location. Was not able to go to the farm due to flight concerns. This did end up being an advantage as I was the only one at the city location, so did have extra attention.

Food overall was good, and the instruction was helpful. Based upon what I was taught, I felt confident to be able to try and reproduce the results at home.

My main gripes about this school are two:
a. We did not do everything that the brochure promised. Time was not a concern as I finished early.
Examples - Brochure says full day students learn to make tamarind sauce and spicy chili sauce. Full students learn how to cook jasmine rice. We did not do any of these.
b. Brochure promises after class service via email. After the class (1-2 weeks) I had some follow-up questions about what was done in class and about how to adjust the recipes in the book for different portion sizes. I received no reply at all.

I really would like to be able to give this a good recommendation, but without the follow-up and without fulfilling what was promised in the brochure, I find it difficult to do so.

Visited June 2013