My wife and I tried out the Swiss chalet restaurant after seeing the good average the establishment had on trip advisor. Unfortunately this relates to just the accommodation it seems.
The meals we were served were either below average (my Rosti) and awful (my wifes fried rice with chicken). The fried rice was really bad. For something we've eaten so much of in Thailand its surprising to find such a failed version of what until now had been a reliable menu option. However, given the frozen vegetables used (again a first in Thailand) and the peculiar tasting rice, we can begin to understand why.
The poor quality food certainly doesn't justify our most expensive meal so far and to add insult to injury we both ended up with upset stomachs immediately upon leaving the restaurant.
As a fellow Swiss I'm sorry to have to give such an appalling review to this Thai-Swiss venue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let your dreams come true... ... At one of the most beautiful places in the world. ... In our familial home, which has been repeatedly awarded worldwide as one of the best establishments of its category. ... Whether single, couple, family or group. ... Whether for a short or long stay. ... In our modern and functional rooms, include all the amenities do you need. ... In our restaurant with excellent Thai, Swiss and International cuisine. ... With warranty you will feel comfortable very well in the Swiss Chalet. The Guest House & Restaurant Swiss Chalet was opened in 2009 with 4 bedrooms and has since been regularly extended. Currently we have 16 rooms. Four of them are brand new and the rest have all been renovated. The Swiss Chalet is situated on the edge of the center of Ao Nang. In a quiet and safe street. Surrounded by new 4 and 5 star hotels. The center of Ao Nang, the beaches and boat landings (which you bring to the surrounding beautiful islands) are within easy walking distance. The nearest beach (Nopparat Thara Beach) is only 200 meters away. Many shops, restaurants and massages are located in the immediate vicinity. Short distances: 200m to beach / 150m to the nearest boat jetty / 100m to the main street with many restaurants and shops / 5m to the next massage / Tourdesk in house / 200m, 1km or 3km to the various Bar centers In our restaurant we serve you in the morning as of 7:30 clock. In the evening, depending on the season, up to 10 or 11 clock. Our travel agency organizes trips, booked and confirmed your flights and much more. We offer you excellent value for money. Swiss quality at Thai prices! We speak English, German and Thai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Swiss Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Chalet Hotel Ao Nang
- Swiss Chalet Krabi/Ao Nang