Finally stayed at Amandari Krabi after making booking for 6 months. Stayed there from 24-27th June 2009 for my honeymoon. Also made prior arrangement to the hotel that we will be having our honeymoon so that the rooms will be well presented.
Upon reaching the resort, there were 2 bell boys assisting in carrying our luggage. When checking in, welcome drinks were served (without request) which is good.
The bell boy lead us to our room. On the way we can catch a glimpse of the swimming pool. Entered the room and found it very spacious. We didn't need the pool access room as we are satisfied with this one. King size bed was nicely decorated. Sheets are clean. 2 free bottled water are provided. Kettle for boiling is available.
Balcony has quite a view of the pool. Overall room presentation was good.
Breakfast was simple American + asian breakfast. Bacon, egg, sausage, ham, cornflakes, bread, fried noodle or rice, porridge, fruits, etc.
Now to what I was expecting more.
1) 2 bottles of water provided for free. ONLY 2 PER DAY. Nothing more nor less. Just in case if you are thirsty (after the bottled waters ran out), you'll need to purchase outside or boil your own water. Was quite disappointed because we didn't have water to drink in the middle of the night when all shops were closed. They don't even have a filtered water dispenser.
2) Extra pillows (kept in the cupboard) are dirty. It has a terrible stain and foul smell.
3) Room service call. There is no room service call. Only 1 call that is direct to the reception. Was really dissatisfied when I called the reception for 2 of the issue above, only to be told "NO" and "NO". The reception didn't even bother to give a suggestion or recommendation of where to get water then. Also asked for a clean set of pillows to replace the dirty extra pillows, but was told "NO" again because there is no one else working that night and he don't know where the clean pillows are kept.
Seems like the reception for that night was not trained to deal with customers and practiced very well in saying "NO".
Overall, my stay there was quite pleasant. No bed bugs and towels are replaced everyday. I also checked with the reception the next morning about poor service the other night. She explained to me that is actually true that only 2 bottles were provided each day and also apologized for the incident. Felt better after that.
- Also Known As:
- Apasari Krabi Hotel
- Apasari Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Apasari Krabi Ao Nang
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Apasari Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.