“dont bother” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Aonang Orchid Resort

You added Aonang Orchid Resort to your Saves list
Aonang Orchid Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   141 Moo.2, Ao Nang beach | Muang, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000 , Thailand   |
Ranked #64 of 92 Hotels in Ao Nang
Brisbane, Australia
“dont bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We drove 6 hours to get there and then they demanded we checked every thing in our room to make sure it was there. We had no view service was bad nothing really nice to say about the place we left the next day. Wont be going back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The staff at this hotel were very nice, albeit not always good with their English skills. The location in Ao Nang could not be beat: close to the beach, right on the main street, many great restaurants around etc. The hotel food was amazing and the hospitality by the servers are second to none. The Muslim owners don't actually serve alcohol but are nice enough to allow it on their premises if bought outside. I will DEFINITELY come back here when I return to Ao Nang.

Room Tip: Get a pool view room if you can. The poolside villas are expensive.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel, and I say hotel because this is definitely not a resort by my definition. The hotel is nice and for the price we thought it was a great deal, until we were in Ao Nang for a few days and realized that this hotel is much more expensive than other similar rooms in the area.

Let's start with the positives: The pool on this property is amazing it is like a lazy susan river (though it doesn't flow) I bought a sun bed float and was in heaven and you can have drinks and food and there is an area for children and the area is large enough for the number of people at the hotel. Also some of the staff were very good, when we had complaints/concerns they were addressed in a way that we expect a professional hotel to respond. The provided shampoo and conditioner (which is very important for ladies) which I thought was good.

The negatives: We checked out of this hotel because a note was slipped under the door explaining that we would need to be out of our rooms and away from the pool for the following day because fumigation was going to happen, I went to the front desk to ask if we needed to remove our belongings from the room and whether they would be spraying our personal items, the lady at the front desk did not know and could not answer the questions about this so we decided to check out the following morning, the hotel did refund the remainder of our bill which was appreciated, but only fair considering I am allergic to many pesticides and would not have been able to stay in the room for a few days until the air had cleared. The English TV channels worked on one day and the internet was spotty, which was only important because of the rainy days. I am not a germa-phobe, but the mold in the shower really bothered me ew! Also the rooms were quite small.

Room Tip: We didn't have a villa, so perhaps those are cleaner and bigger?
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I am currently staying in the Ao Nang Orchid with my husband on our honeymoon and booked this hotel online from home. We have been here 4 nights so far and think the hotel is great. The room and view are great, we booked standard but free upgrade on arrival so we have pool and cliff view from balcony. The room itself is clean, large, with nice decor.
The pool is lovely with some fun water features. I asked my husband for his opinion before writing this and his only negative about the hotel was that he would have liked music at the pool. The pool staff are great, despite a slight language barrier! Theybring your order to your sun bed.
Ao nang has been great, a good place if you like lots of trips, trips are a bargain, don't forget to haggle, you can get most at half the advertised price.

• Stayed August 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were really happy with this hotel, after two days on Railey beach which was abit more "rough" the hotel was clean, rooms well maintained and the pool was lovely! Would recommend that you pay extra for a pool villa as it is a step away to the pool from your balcony, and it is really nice!

Location of the hotel was superb, everything closeby (shops, food, massage), service with a smile

Only downsides was that breakfast was limited so we decided to go elsewhere and wifi signal in rooms was limited. Will come here again next time we stop at Ao Nang.

Room Tip: Pool view room! Otherwise you will end up without a view at all..
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here and the pol area really made it. We got an excellent deal of £20- per night for 2 people by negotiating directly with staff and really enjoyed our stay.

Breakfast is not as good as in other similar starred hotels but it was good enought for our needs and the rooms and pool area were clean, well serviced and very plesent - I would definately return and we extended our stay whilst there due to enjoying it so much

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
airtrainandplane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

On arrival we were met with a smile and informed we were upgraded, on seeing the 'pool view' room and taking in a quick smell amidst the gloomy, dank and dampness, I said no thank you, give me the room we booked (sea view)
This resulted in a few forlorn expressions and carrying the bags up 4 floors to our bigger less smellier 'pylon view' room. I was advised to check for any breakages as I would be charged for them when I left! We were given our 3 breakfast coupons, I thought they were a valuable tradable commodity as the receptionist made such a fuss over keeping them in a safe location.
Breakfast, 2 selections of fruit in Thailand? oh, dont forget your coupon!
On the second day I asked for some teabags and sugar so we could make a cup of tea in our 'pylon view' suite. Oh dear, I was asked why? Why not? Why do you not pay? Im a guest!
After a heated Thai-English exchange I had had enough and left this morning without informing them. We have paid in full via Agoda so they have not lost any cash, I have not wasted another day in the saddest hotel with the most unwelcoming staff that I have ever encountered in S/E Asia.
Give this hotel a wide berth, it stinks,,,

Room Tip: Dont do it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aonang Orchid Resort? Share your experiences!