“Outstanding Get-A-Way” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 91 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
Napa, California
“Outstanding Get-A-Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stay here! I would stay again and again!!! I arrived at the Haleeva Sunshine after two days of traveling. I arrived at the front door and they were very helpful and informative. Check in was painless, they took me right up to my room, showed me everything and I was impressed with the very clean and safe accomidations. The bed was too hard for me, and had a little squeak when you rolled over in the night. Other than that it was a perfect room for me. Cleaned by a very nice housekeeping staff. Breakfast in the morning was lovely. I like the pool area for relaxing in the afternoon. Across the street is one of my favorite restaurants, Number 1 Thai Food.
Overall a very nice property, lovely vacation spot. I would go again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night coming from Koh Phi Phi before we flew back home and the stay was comfortable. We had a nice limestone cliff view from our window and the beds were comfortable with good wifi signal and comfortable air con. The breakfast was basic but suffice. The swimming pool was out of action and needed cleaning however, it didnt bother us too much as we were more interested in the shopping being our last day of our holiday to buy any last minute souvenirs. Quite close to all the shops and the bars.

The staff were helpful and helped us book transport to the airport for the following day. They suggested that we didnt need a taxi and could book a direct coach which would save us money so a big thumbs up! They also let us use the shower after we've checked out to freshen ourselves for our evening flights and lent us towels so really can't thank them enough. I would recommend Haleeva if you're after a budget stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This would be my returning trip to the island and the hotel.
This hotel was chosen as it was within my budget and I was too swamp to read reviews of others, although I was keen on another which was fully booked too.

This being peak season, I was disappointed not to be able to get the room I opt for. The Aircon malfunction, I had to put up with it for two nights since they were full and the staff had to look at to thrice. Oh well, it was one of those things, i guess.

This time round, I was with a larger group, which meant we could charter long tail boats and van just for us. 6-8pax is really ideal group size. At two pax, either you wait for the transport mode to hit max or you pay to cover the cost for one.

We tried Barracuda Tour for Phi Phi and the likes for a little sight seeing and snorkelling, the rate we got and thought was rather good. But what we were horrid to find out is that the operator squeeze 65 pax onto the boat.

Thereafter we found a long tail boat operator, Man, who was excellent, not only was the rate even better. With him, we headed out to Poda Island (LOVELY to catch the sun and just enjoy as the time pass), chicken Island and Tub. His driving skill was excellent, he kept the boat steady as we hit a rough patch. It was quite a ride for the children :D

Luck was no on our side, our last day rained out and we had to skip another trip with, Man, this time to Hong Island. Never mind, we are already planning another trip in 2013.

I have nothing to say about food, there has not been much change there.

What I would like to recommend is Krabi Beauty Centre, located opposite MacDonald’s. They offer consistent Thai massage. I say that as I had two different masseuse, they both applied the same work habit and skill set.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here December 2012, and will definitely return again. Rooms are very spacious, immaculately clean, staff are very friendly, and it is an easy 10 minute walk to the beach. There is all at least 3 very nice and cheap restaurant close by. We couldn't fault the hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

stayed at haleeva in mid april and booked through agoda.

made a massive boo boo when booking,managed to somehow reset the dates id entered to 2 weeks before i was even in the country.when booking this room with agoda there was a no refund policy and i couldnt cancel and my card would of been charged even if i didnt show up.

got onto agoda straight away and after a 30 min call to the usa id got them to change the dates but i still had to pay high season price of about 47 pounds instead of 23 pounds.Gulp :(

ok after a long drive from hua hin with my girlfriend we arrived at haleeva sunshine just after dark.
upon checking in the staff were very friendly and handed us a local map with points of intrest on and some recomended restaurants.

bags were swiftly carried to our room.once in the superior room we couldnt quite beleive how big the space actually was.you will have everything you need in this room has large seperate bedroom a large toilet/shower room(2 shower heads) which has access to a very large wardrobe.also has a living room with sofabed table etc and has a balcony with a 2 person jacuzzi which works very well and there was always plenty of hot water whatever the time.room was very clean and in good condition.

other facilities in the room was hairdryer,tea and coffee making facilities,flat screen tv,fridge with complimentary bottled water,in room safe,ac in bedroom fan in living room,wifi.

other facilities offered by haleeva are swimming pool and jacuzzi,free loan of travel guides and books,free loan of beach mats for a small fee they can also supply you with beach towels,free towels at the pool area,sight seeing trips and exscursions,scooter hire,free internet in reception,car parking.

location of haleeva for me is a slow 10 min walk to the beach past lots of shops and places to eat and drink.

negatives,none really but i stayed here for 5 nights and was woken on 2 early mornings with call to prayer buy the local mosque but for me i didnt have any problem dropping off again and wasnt a big deal for me but others might have a different view.

overall even though it cost me double through my own stupid actions i must say that i was really impressed with my room and at the price i should of paid would of been fantastic value and would of been the best room i stayed in for the money buy a long way.forgot to mention i booked for 4 days but opted to stay an extra night and extra night was charged at a crazy low price of just under a 1000thb

would i recomend haleeva sunshine to friends YES

would i stay at haleeva sunshine again YES everytime i come back to ao nang

Room Tip: if your a couple a jacuzzi room is a must.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

When you arrive at the hotel, and see it from the outside, you won't expect such clean room in a good shape! On arrival our room was not ready, but when checking in later our suitcases were already brought to the room. Staff was very friendly, especially the girls who manage the hotel.
We were lucky and got a room at the more quiet back site of the hotel. Room was cleaned every day. Notice that the hotel has no lift.

The hotel is 15 minutes walk to the sea side. This was good for us, towards the beach it was louder due to some bars.
For the price paid, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are probably quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lowestoft
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at the 'Haleeva Sunshine hotel' for 3 nights in October 2012, and had a very pleasant stay here.
We had a room at the front of the hotel which was a large room and a very big double bed, which came with a balcony, sky TV, air conditioning, etc. The room was in great condition and was cleaned daily by the maids.
The staff on reception were very friendly and would help with any questions asked. All trips & tours can be arranged from the main desk as well as any travel arrangments.
The hotel is situated on the main road leading to the beach, which is a slow 15 minute walk. There are 'tuk-tuks' available, but it's a nice walk to the beach with plenty of shops and restaurants on the way. The sunsets on Au Nang beach are fantastic and well worth a visit.
There are plenty of bars and restaurants located on the main road just outside the hotel. Next door to the hotel is 'Boat Restaurant' which serves excellent Thai food, and there is a McDonalds and 7/11 across the road.
As the hotel is located on the main road, you do hear a bit of noise in the rooms at the front of the hotel, but for 600 Baht (around £12) a night, you really can't complain, plus the friendly service you receive from the staff certainly makes up for it. There are rooms available to the rear of the hotel, but these are more expensive.
The hotel has a nice little swimming pool at the rear of the hotel over looking the mountains, which is very nice to cool down in the hot sunshine. Unfortunately, there is a Mosque which is located a few hundred metres up the road which makes a lot of noise and can get annoying when trying to relax by the pool.

The hotel also provides free tea and coffee in the reception as well as free wireless, which is a very nice touch.

I would certainly stay here again and I would recommend it to anybody looking for a budget / backpacker hotel.

Daniel & Charlotte.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel can be noisy, so choose one to the rear if you are a light sleep...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Haleeva Sunshine? Share your experiences!