“Single car Road trip KL - Krabi,” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ananta Burin Resort

You added Ananta Burin Resort to your Saves list
Ananta Burin Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   166 Moo 3, Tambon Ao Nang | Amphur Muang, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand   |
Ranked #39 of 88 Hotels in Ao Nang
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Single car Road trip KL - Krabi,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Nice hotel, got best price online. Stayed here for two nights. after arriving from HatYai, check in is without hassle and got pool view as per booking. Should have booked the one connecting to pools, no need to bring my kids every time. got 1 large king size and on extra bed. Breakfast is just breakfast, nothing to shout about. But the ambient was nice.

Room Tip: choose the one connecting to the pools and use onleine booking
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Usually when I rent a hotel, they charge per room not per head but this hotel turns out very strict!! The staff is very rude. They don't allow my friend to enter if we didn't pay for extra person. I can accept if they talk politely but the way they talk is really arrogant. It really makes me regret for booking this hotel at first place. But we just pay for it anyway. The room itself is very big indeed. NIce decoration. Pleasant smell and we got a really nice view room. The toilet even got a bath tub but we never use it anyway. The swimming pool also very nice. Location is great! We can just walk to Ao Nang Town. But this hotel a bit pricey, from room price to food and so do for massage. So, better eat and find things outside. Love the hotel! But hate the staf! Would be great if the staff wouldn't be the reason for bad rating. They can do better!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

It's a quite nice place to stay, and walking distance from the beach and street market, would be great if its cheaper :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stay 2 nights at this resort from 5 & 6 May 2012...
Requested a car in advance to pick me up at another resort but driver is late for 20 mins... I reach the resort at around 1.30pm and request whether can i check in early, was told not possible and check in timing is 2pm. I therefore came back at 2.05pm but the reception staff told me to wait another 10 mins.. Nevermind i therefore came back at around 2.20pm again but was shock that i still cannot check in !! They told me that " sorry very busy today" and room should be ready in another 20 mins time !!! Oh my god !! Waited and waited, eventually i was able to check in at around 2.50pm . Isn't this terrible at first sight? Book this room 5 months ago and arrangement should be made perfectly not this way i think.........

I stay at room 307. was a nice room facing the swimming pool.

Breakfast food at cafe is ok. However Service is bad as almost 80% and above of the staff never smile at all. Food was not being prepared in more qty from 9.30am onwards (Breakfast is until 10am). Egg only left 1-2 pieces and most of the food finished. The staff just can't be border to top up the food and is shows how lazy are they without any consideration of their guest whether they have eaten enough or worse what happen if someone walks in at 9.45am for breakfast ???
I stay till 10am and one of the staff just walk over to me wanted to collect all the plates back. She just ask me in a un-friendly tone, "finish" ??

The day was fun till i came back at night, noticed that my room is not being clean up.. Call up recep and was told i never put a "Clean up room" sign despite i hang one before i leave. Told me can't do anything as housekeepers all off duty already. Have to wait till tomorrow morning, manage to change my towels only.................

Check out day was another horrible experience... No bell boy to help me with my lugguages despite i DIY to the lobby myself... They have seen me at level 1 pulling the lugguages but none of them actually approach to help or even offer help at all !!

Super horrible resort , ANANTA BURIN RESORT Aonang Krabi
I will never go back there again even it is free !!

Room Tip: Not worth to stay as SERVICE IS SO BAD...... What a waste...... A big pity as Resort exterior looks...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We did not have a good holiday at this hotel, the staff only spoke thai. After traveling in Asia for seveal weeks I was use to not having staff that speak English, however they did not even try. The rooms were dirty just like the pool. I found this place to be more then a joke. The water was yellow during our enitre stay. The only thing that is has going for it, is it's fish pond. I feel sorry for any one who books this place. I saw many better options near by that may be better. The stay at this place made be a bit Kraby due to being in such terrible hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
AnantaBurinResort, Manager at Ananta Burin Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I am so sorry to hear that. I had mentioned this issue to housekeeper.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Our holiday was in monsoon season,so i never had a chance to use the swimming pool and spa.the resort is so near to the aonang town as for a muslim it is convenient to get halal food.the beach is 5mins walk from the resort.overall,the service is average.

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you for staying with us. But I am so sorry to hear that your holiday was in monsoon season. And yes, halal food is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. So it is quite convenient.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Me & my friends stayed in this hotel for 3 nights recently. We had a good deal on the room as there was a promotion going online. Overall i would say that this would be a nice hotel to stay in. Upon check in at 1200hrs, they were busy and we waited for 4 hours for the room to be ready. While waiting for room, we took a stroll on the street , its only 5 minutes away to the shop and beach which is very convenient.The massage in the hotel was really good!!We had an hour thai massage and we decided to do it again the next day. It cost about 300 baht, which is good price for good massage! Staff there are mostly friendly and approachable.
Upon check out, we took the hotel transfer to the airport and it cost 600 baht per way. Somehow, the transfer charges are rather confusing. There were 4 of us upon arriving and it cost 600 baht in total for the transfer. Our 2 friends depart one day earlier and the 2 of us paid another 600 baht to share the transfer with another 4 people, in which one of the couple paid 600 baht as well. When asked the reception, she emphasise that charges is 600 baht per way.
Well, other than that,our stay is really nice and it is a good place to be for a getaway.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for the nice review.

Been to Ananta Burin Resort? Share your experiences!