“Nice place with good food but expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bussaba Thai Restaurant

Bussaba Thai Restaurant
126 Moo. 3 Soi Khlong Haeng, Ao Nang, Krabi Town 81000, Thailand (Formerly E-San Seafood Aonang)
+66 75 661 409
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 186 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant is located before next to Canivore steak House
Slangerup, Denmark
“Nice place with good food but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We were here Christmas eve. The place is Nice and clean with good food but nothing extraordinary. I would give it a top rating if the Price was a bit lower. We were 4 and paid 5.600,- bth incl. A good bottle of italian Wine (1.600,- bth).

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Palamos, Spain
“I second the "Over-rated/Over-priced" comment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Went there based on Trip Advisor accolades. Wife was ill so I went alone. Sat next to a Belgiun couple who had just finished eating and were lyrical. I could hardly wait. My second-last night in Ao Nang and I had decided to splash out on Tiger prawns at the best-rated seafood spot in town. Yummm.

Uhm .. the beers are expensive but the wine prices are ridiculous - Aussie plonk at €22 a bottle!! Settled for a Singha. The high price turned out to be for a small bottle.

My prawns in garlic arrived. Only they were not prawns in garlic, but rather prawns in some sort of unidentifiable Pacific-fusion sauce. And they were lukewarm. No questions were asked and they were taken back. The return dish also had some brown liquid floating around with solid bits in it of various colours, but this time I could detect garlic .... barely. I was too hungry by now to resist further so I tucked in. Darn small tiger prawns. And again lukewarm.

I had still not had banana "fritters" (tempura). The presentation was sublime. The coating was soggy and too sweet.

I wonder what the Belgians had been eating, but had no intention whatsoever of returning the next night to try to find out. Why not 1-star? The staff were nice and the decor is interesting.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Best Thai in AO Nang by a very long way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Seventh day in AO Nang. Prior to visiting Bussaba we have been served some pretty poor and quite expensive food in this area. Things had gotten so bad I refused to eat outside Wang Sai crab meals (which are amazing).

My partner had gotten bored and eventually convinced me we should again explore...

Bussaba was amazing. So good we have booked dinner here for the next two nights (Xmas eve and Xmas).

Try the chicken massala with roti - beautiful. Or the duck curry - yum.

The kids had their favourite - tomato pasta. Best in AO Nang. Reasonable size and fair price with a bit of garlic bread on the side.

Will be eating here for the rest of our stay.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam
“Absolute disgrace”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I went to Bussaba last night with the hope I could find some actual Thai food in this part of the country where it is sorely lacking.

I thought I would treat myself to a king prawn curry which at 450 baht was more than twice the cost of anything else on the menu. The fish was listed under "Thai Spicy Curries" but after being disappointed everywhere else in this region, I made it very clear to the waiter that I wanted it Thai Spicy. He looked at me and said "Are you sure?" which I felt was insulting. I reiterated that I did making sure he understood.

My food arrived but it was NOT a Thai curry, it may have had 2 tablespoons of sauce but it could have been tomato ketchup it was so bland. I immediately sent it back. It also had been padded out with rock hard inedible baby aubergines, sweet corn and carrots (the latter 2 are not vegetables to be found in authentic Thai Curries)

When it came back, it was the same dish but with fried chillies poured over. Lots of oil and chilli but no flavour whatsoever. One of my 3 prawns had disappeared so I was paying 450 baht for 2 prawns which were by no means King. Again I complained and the prawn I had originally cut into was retrieved and put on a plate for me. For all I know this was retrieved from the bin. I wasn't having this so I said to the waiter "Do you think I am going to pay 450 baht for 3 prawns?" He said "No no no, it's not 450 baht" obviously not believing it could be that much either. He retrieved the menu, found the dish and then confirmed "Yeh yeh, 450 bah".

I put down 100 baht on the table and left without eating. No one followed me.

It is a crying shame that it is impossible to get authentic Thai food in this part of Thailand. I don't care if all the tourists are westerners of which the majority don't like food spicy and full of flavour. Some people, like me come to this amazing country to enjoy the wonderful food.

I was so disappointed and angry after going to Bussaba, I gave in and ordered a pizza on the way home which was vile so I left it. I was even tempted to go to McDonald's but decided to go to bed hungry instead.

I am in Ao Nang for anther 2 nights and if Bussaba want to contact me and prove to me that they can cook proper Thai food, then I will consider going back but I won't be holding my breath.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent food with tiny flaws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Friday night with six of us tuk tuk found it no problem, service was quick and very efficient.

Nice starters and then we ordered main course one of the party asked for medium green curry and another spicy. A word to the wise medium is not medium as us westerners know it was very tasty but too spicy. The spicy was very hot but as described. Fried Chicken and cashews was great.

Deserts were excellent as was the rice. A good experience and will return if we have time.

Visited December 2013