Having read that the hotel is “on the top of a hill”, I wondered if the bus had dropped us at the right place that Wednesday: we climbed a long flight of stairs beside McDonald’s to get to the reception area (the “steep hill” in question might be the resort driveway to the right, heading away from the beach).
The 2000 THB/US$50 deposit imposed during the check-in was a surprise (less spending money… what a shame). I’m not disputing the deposit itself, but given what we’d pre-paid for the room, the amount was on the high side for me (maybe 1000 THB next time?).
Overall, the resort is a cocoon against the outside world, creating a sense of (good) isolation and serenity. Of course, it *might* have been because our stay was during the low season. Note that guests with strollers or wheelchairs might find the ramps steep.
The deluxe sea view room we got was very nice, and I especially liked how the bed was turned down each evening, a woven flower and chocolates left on the bed cover. Where can I get the same pillows? One thing I’d like to see improved is the plumbing. A questionable smell builds up overnight after the ventilation fan is switched off (it was nothing we did!), and makes the room smell musty and funky.
We also paid a reasonable price for a steady and pretty fast wifi connection throughout our 6-night stay. Again, it *might* have been because it was low season, and there was an access point near our room; we didn’t test the connection elsewhere.
The breakfast buffet is a mix of local/Asian and Western selections. The food is average, although the tom yam soup and rice soup were inspired and something I still crave. Service is attentive, but the quirk is that they insist on seating 2 people at a table that has already been set for 2, etc., never mind that the tables are all the same size.
You don’t have to travel far for a meal outside the resort either. Aonang Beach is indeed 5 minutes away, although the trip will take longer because of the shopping distractions and tourist info booths you will encounter en route. Nopparathara/Nopparattara Beach is also within walking distance: a 15-minute walk, or a 40-THB tuk tuk ride.
One of the nice touches (aside from the ever-smiling staff) was the complementary beach gear (slippers, umbrellas, woven bag, and mat) provided in the room. This was also the first time we didn’t have to request for towels from the reception for a day trip: just sign them out from the poolside and return them in the evening.
They also have 2 travel concierges if you want to book an excursion via the resort. The 2 ladies will hustle you gently to a seat even if you insist on watching out for your pick-up, and page you when it arrives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aonang Cliff Beach Resort is Krabi's 4 star boutique resort with spectacular views of the cliff and Andaman Sea. Located in the center of Aonang, with easy access to the beach, shopping, Dining and night life. 97 Newly refurbished, spacious guest rooms offer comfortable accommodation in Superior , Deluxe and Ocean View categories. The Ocean wing features sunset balcony for romantics and honeymooners. The resort offers a unique Thai restaurant and a boulevard cafe in Aonang's most versatile and lively shopping plaza. Around the resort pool you will find a Bar & Bistro, wellness center complete with Thai Spa, Gym, Muay Thai, Yoga and Tai Chi classes. Social and business events are celebrated in style for up to 180 guests in the new event center and on the Cliff Panorama Terrace. Coupled with grace of our Thai service memories are made of this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aonang Cliff Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Cliff Beach Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Cliff Beach Resort Krabi/Ao Nang