We stayed at Red Ginger due to the Lonely Planet's recommendation and were not disappointed. We were using Ao Nang as a base to visit Railay, Phranang Beach and Phi Phi, and the hotel was great for that. The hotel has free wifi in the lobby, but you can get reception in some of the rooms nearer the lobby. The staff are very courteous and helpful. There is also an ATM, mini market and place to get massages and cheap laundry done right outside the hotel.
We had a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool. It was huge, very clean and nicely appointed, with a massive comfortable bed and great shower. The interior design is very good - clean and modern with a bit of a Chinese influence.
The hotel itself is about a 10 min walk from Ao Nang proper, but there is a longtail harbour right at the intersection between the main road and the hotel's road, about 100m from the hotel entrance. We made the mistake of getting a tuk-tuk into Ao Nang to get a longtail to Railay, only to be driven all the way back to the hotel to get the boat. Try there before you head into town.
The hotel pool is large and fairly pleasant to lie by, although there are not very many sun loungers so I imagine in peak season it might be a bit of a bunfight. The restaurant and poolside food is quite good, and not too overly priced for Krabi and a hotel of this standard. The restaurant does play terrible music however - I had to endure a breakfast to the sounds of an ultra-camp/disco version of Endless Love, played on panpipes.
Overall, Red Ginger was a very pleasant place to stay, and we would stay again if we returned to Ao Nang. We did get the room at a discounted off-season rate which sweetened the deal.
- Also Known As:
- Red Ginger Chic Hotel
- Red Ginger Chic Hotel Ao Nang
- Red Ginger Chic Resort Krabi/Ao Nang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a tropical flower in bloom, Red Ginger Chic Resort is an inspiration for the senses. Red hot in stylish modernity and conveniences balanced with a cool chic ambience, the perfect holiday abode offering magnificent of views of Nopparat Thana Nation Park. With only 63 rooms and one restaurant serving international and Thai cuisines, this beautiful resort has a very exclusive and personal feel. There is a freshwater pool and pool bar plus alfresco fitness facility, while the beach is but a short stroll away.Red Ginger is located 200 metre from the center of Ao Nang Beach, in Krabi province, southern part of Thailand – (821 kilometers from Bangkok and 155 kilometers east of Phuket). The property is excellently located in the middle of Ao Nang and Nopparat Thara beach. It is a paradise for those who love snorkeling, scuba diving, ocean kayaking or even rock climbing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Red Ginger Chic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.