“Fast food style for restaurant price” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 20 restaurants in Mljet Island
Cuisines: Seafood, Croatian
“Fast food style for restaurant price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Came there for a family lunch, we had no kunas and asked if they accept cards. The said the did, but when it came the paying "the machine was no good", we ended up paying part of the bill in euro and part sending with a boat (restaurant is on a small island) to the restaurant after visiting nearest cash machine. That's the best they could offer to settle this.

The food is very average. Soups are ok. Lobster is overpriced and didn't look fresh, rice inedible. Other fancy sea food dishes look like average quality fish'n'chips and squid rings. The only thing that is adequate is season salad (hard to get it wrong).

Toilet is a separate story - there is no dedicated facility for the restaurant and the staff sends to public loo in the same building, ok but it costs 5 kunas. When we asked the waiter it turned out it was actually free for restaurant guests.

Overpriced fast food, go there only as a last resort.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

9% Recommend
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Beautiful setting, poor food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I'll begin by saying you should go here. It's a must on your visit to Mljet. The restaurant setting makes it a must. However it's similar to eating at Siena's Piazza del Campo or another historic setting whereby you're eating and drinking because of the setting, not because of the food.

I had possibly the worst meal I've eaten in years here - the mixed meat platter that consisted of dried up, chewy and tasteless (apart from the lashings of salt) pork, chicken, sausage (hot dog type of sausage), steak (I use the word steak very kindly here) and meat balls. I don't enjoy writing bad reviews, but please don't waste your money buying this expensive and terrible dish.

We ordered breaded fish for our 2 year old which was OK and my partner had the grilled vegetables which were good.

My recommendation would be to stick with the fresh fish, which is what they do well on Mljet. For this restaurant maybe the fresh fish would have been fabulous?

If I was to return I would have a drink or maybe an ice cream, enjoy the surroundings and view and eat elsewhere.

• Visited July 2012