The hotel is set in an extensive garden and gives a very good impression on first arrival, appearing modern and well maintained.
Service levels and staff attentiveness were well above average and one did not get the feeling that they were after tips--just being genuinely helpful and attentive.
The room we had was large and well appointed. We found we were short of a couple of towels when we got into the room and on mentioning it to the porter delivering the bags, additional towels appeared within a minute, followed a little while later by a call to see if we had received them.
The restaurant menu has an enormously wide choice of dishes plus there is a dinner buffet at a very reasonable price. We ordered from the menu, but the food was rather a long while in appearing. However before we could mention it the manager obviously noticed and came over with two staff and apologised profusely for the delay and offered us free soup, (which we declined), but we settled for a free dessert instead. Further apologies followed and they managed to turn what could have been a slightly negative experience into something positive.
Overall a great place to recover from a long flight or to relax before flying out and only ten minutes from the airport.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Airport Garden Colombo
- Colombo Airport Hotel
- Hotel Taj Airport Garden
- Gateway Airport Garden Hotel Sri Lanka/Katunayake
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gateway Hotel Airport Garden ColomboKatunayake is the gateway to Sri Lanka, as the country’smain international airport is located there. So it is a verystrategic location.Business wise it is a key location as Sri Lanka’s firstIndustrial Promotion Zone is located at Katunayake, with 67(aprox) factories located in three phases. This is thecountry’s largest IPZ.Seeduwa the pocket town next to Katunayake primarilybenefits being closely located to the Airport and the EPZ.Nestled in the midst of a 38 – acre coconut plantationbordering the famous Negombo Road.The Gateway HotelAirport Garden is situated in Seeduwa – Katunayake,close to the airport and other regional attractions.Located just 3.5 kilometers from the airport, the hotel isjust 30 kilometers away from Colombo city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Gateway Airport Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.