“Service was good” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   754 Colombo Road, Katunayake, Sri Lanka   |
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Katunayake
“Service was good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The service was really good at the wedding reception of my nephew. Foods were really nice and we enjoyed it. Great place for "spend a day" on a nice big pool too. One of the best hotels and would love to recommend to the others

• Stayed December 2012

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Colombo, null, Sri Lanka
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'm writing this because we had a wedding function in this hotel and one of the Catering service guys had asked my sister that they would enjoy her in the company her mates in a room in the hotel.
When we complained this to the manager they said they would take Disciplinary actions regarding the incident but nothing happened until the end of the function.
Then when we were about to leave the same caterer had gathered with their inmates to have a go at us while we were about to leave, totally in the revenge of the complain made by us.
There was a huge fight and most of our guys got injured since we were like 2 againts 20(the whole catering team).
It was so ugly to see them behave like this in front of in house local/foreign guests and this is a shame for Sri Lanka.
So I tell you never take your sister/girlfriend/mom even grandmother to this hotel. If you do keep watch of the Catering service guys.
Thanks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thessaloniki, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We spent 6 hours at the hotel because we had a night flight and the hotel is located near the airport. Terrible experience! Dirty, noisy, full of Mosquitos, has not been renovated for the last 20 years minimum, the bathroom was awfull, dirty linen and pillows! Stay away!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Normally when I visit Sri Lanka, I do pop into Full Moon Garden Hotel for a nice relaxing time and specially to enjoy the seafood on offer with the cashew nuts.

But when I visited in February 2013 this was not the case. I ordered the same dishes such as seafood platter which normally comes in a steamed hot pot. After waiting for an hour and questioning the waiter, a bland white plate came with small quantities of fish that look like was cooked by an amateur chef.

I was furious with regards to the dish as I had invited friends from around the world to have a good here and them taking my word for it. Actually all dishes did let me down in every way. On top of this the bland plate of fish was over price in which the total bill came to Rs 12000 which I could have gone to a five start hotel such as saman villas and enjoyed an amazing food experience and wouldn’t have cost a fortune.

When questioned the management a person by the name of Captain Russell came to speak to me. I explained the lack of food quality and the service. He was not even apologetic and went straight to bring the chef who was in charge on the day. I then again had to explain the situation the chef (WHO WAS NEW) but to no avail. No apology at all from any party even though it was a dish that actually could have been plated by anyone. It was one of the worst experiences I ever had…..

I will never take anyone here to have a food experience as the management lacked in poor skills to make the customer happy…

Try saman villas amazing simple food for quality and reasonable price. You would not be disappointed….

Room Tip: Try saman villas amazing simple food for quality and reasonable price. You would not be disappointed...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

On my way to leave Sri Lanka, i checked into a standard room for 3 days, and it was a pleasant surprise! The staff were positive and helpful, the pool-area was superb and the room was more like an appartment. The livingroom is really spacious and nice. The bedroom was also spacious and clean, and the bathroom was great. I dont understand the negative reviews here (I had no chance to check every room offcourse) , but i strongly recommend this place to anyone who is arriving and departing from sri lanka.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This Hotel is the worst I have ever stayed in for $65. The room you could hardly swing a cat in. The air conditioning unit was falling off the wall and did not work. Filthy heavy curtains on the wall revealed when drawn filthy windows and the view of scaffolding. The bathroom was dirty and had old pipes running up into the ceiling, and the towels had holes in them. Tiles were missing and the loo flush was jammed on upside down. It was extremely noisy as just outside the front door was a pool and restaurant. The breakfast in the morning only catered for Indians and when asked for boiled eggs and toast got a rather frosty look. The only good thing was the bed! I would recommend no one ever stays here, there are plenty of airport hotels dotted about the vicinity. I have learnt!!!

Room Tip: Don't look at the outside and the façade - ask to use the loo first
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This was the first place we went to upon arriving in the airport. My first thought after stepping into this place was like "have I chooses the wrong holiday destination" we were here to have lunch and not to stay in their hotel. Well the place looked okie. But the good was really bad. Maybe it was the authentic srilankan way of cooking. Not too sure about that as many other places served better food. I personally hate the food in their restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Full Moon Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!