“Very beautiful but crowded” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 153 things to do in Krabi Province
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
15 attraction reviews
“Very beautiful but crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went on a trip with a speed boat as a part of a group. The islands are very beautiful, but there were a lot of boats and tourists (we went in the begining of the high season). It was supposed to be a snorkeling trip, but I wouldn't really agree that it was, there wasn't much to look at in the water. Still worth it, though, because of the beautiful beaches and great views, but don't expect great snorkeling. Going by speedboat was fun. We paid 1000 bath each, incl. water and lunch which was good.

Visited December 2012

Moss, Ostfold, Norway
3 attraction reviews
“Beautifull, but crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is really paradise, if you go early. Its a lot of people here by lunch.. We stayed a litle late, and then all the other tourist went back, and then you could really enjoy this place.. Well worth a visit.

Visited February 2013
San Diego, California
18 attraction reviews
“Crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

If you want to get away, take one of the private tours. They will take you places where your group of 20 will be the only ones on or around the island. These islands were very crowded, filled with tourists. Spend the extra money on a private tour and it will be worth it.

These island are beautiful but most of them look exactly the same. They have beaches, caves, snorkling, history. The best ones are the ones your at alone.

Most of the larger boats spend most of the day motoring along so you'll get great views but not a lot of time on the beach or snorkling.

Visited January 2013
Malta
10 attraction reviews
“Not Exactly Getting Away From it all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Too many people, and the water was not very clear for snorkelling. Otherwise we enjoyed the visit, as there was a nature trail that took us through some interesting territory including wrecked boats from the tsunami.

Visited January 2013
singapore
“Too many tourists”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I signed up for a tour to Hong Beach (and 3 other islands) for one day at 1050 baht. The taxi driver stopped at this tour/taxi office while on the way to Ao Nang and after looking at the brochures and remember what I read on tripadvisor, I signed up to visit Hong Island. The prices there aren't more expensive than tours found in Ao Nang town, but I wished I did not join any tour because a long-tail boat ride to Phra Nang Beach/Railay Beach is only 100 one-way.

The tour guide was good, friendly, humorous and spoke English well enough so we could understand him. They picked everyone up from their individual hotels in a lorry at 9am. I got back around 5pm.

What I didn't like about this tour - left us at Hong Island for 2.5 hours. I got bored!

The tour included - snorkeling equipment, lunch, two-way ride, visit to 4 islands including Hong Island

What I liked about this - tour guide picked up a sea urchin and starfish for us to have an up close encounter. He also seems very experienced so I felt safe

The lunch they provided wasn't really appetizing, but after being in the blistering sun I could eat anything.

I felt they overpacked the long-tail boat. Some people had to sit in the sun because there wasn't any space left under the shaded area. What surprised me was there were people who were injured that went on these tours. I saw a woman who recently broke her ankle on a ski trip and her foot was still in a guard, another lady who was walking on the beach in crutches, and an elderly person who had recent surgery on BOTH knees. I think the only difficulty I saw for her was climbing into the boat and van.

Visited February 2013