“Fantastic accommodation, location, and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heath Lodge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gunnislake
Heath Lodge B&B
You added Heath Lodge B&B to your Saves list
Station Road, Gunnislake, England   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Gunnislake B&B and Inns
Wellington, New Zealand
“Fantastic accommodation, location, and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I returned to the area for a weekend and needed a place to call home for a couple of days. I was greeted warmly by Lynn and Mike and shown to my very spacious and comfortable room. The bathroom is large with a massive shower, which I love.
The building itself is located within large gardens protected by trees, which provides privacy from neighbouring properties. And the views are spectacular!
Those who enjoy a good solid breakfast will appreciate this B&B, excellent quality produce and fantastic cooking.
I've stayed at a few B&B's and I have to say that this is the warmest, friendliest, most comfortable and tastefully decorated B&B I've stayed at. I could not recommend Heath Lodge any higher. I most definitely would stay again and recommend others to do the same.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Myself my wife and my 2 boys stayed at this idyllic lodge in August and we couldn't recommend the setting, interior and friendly service any higher. It was ideal for my 2 boys with a spacious bedroom and additional living room for extra room, admittedly the chickens in the garden were a massive hit as well for my eldest. The most exceptional part of our stay was the friendly and welcoming couple running the B&B. They made the lodge feel like our home and couldn't have been more helpful but importantly also gave us enough space as well. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at Heath Lodge as part of my John O Groats to Lands End triathlon. I was welcomed with open arms at Heath Lodge and was shown to my lovely room. I cannot recommend Heath Lodge enough, warm welcome, greats rooms, stunning views and the perfect hosts.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

It was a late find, but it was a great find.
We found the website to be very warm and inviting, and were not disappointed on arrival.
The location and house were stunning. The house was very warm and homely inside, as were the couple who ran the B&B. We will definatly stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Wonderful place to stay in beautiful surroundings. We had a lovely, warm welcome and cosy room with comfy bed. The breakfast set us up for the day and we will recomment Heath Lodge to all who will listen.
Thank you Lynne and Mike, hope to see you again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Heathfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed at Heath Lodge a couple of nights twice in the last year. We cannot recommend Heath Lodge highly enough. Warm welcome, very comfy room and a hearty breakfast. The views are magnificent and so are the hosts. Well done. Dee and Rob C.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I booked this B&B with a weeks’ notice as my previously booked accommodation had closed down – well I am glad they did. I arrived here in the rain after cycling over 100 miles and received a lovely warm welcome. Lynne had texted me during the day to find out how my cycle was going and what time they could expect me. The room was beautiful – no en-suite, but as they had not booked out their other room, I had exclusive use of the bathroom, which I needed after a day’s hard cycle. All toiletries were supplied.

The family (plus 3 dogs and 2 cats) were so accommodating, they locked by cycle up for the night in a secure place, ensured my clothes were dry for the following days cycle, chilled my energy drinks overnight for the next days cycle and prepared a lovely evening meal for me (extra cost) which I ate with them and thoroughly enjoyed their company.

Breakfast was excellent with beautiful views across the valley from the breakfast room.
I cannot recommend this B&B highly enough and thanks them for their wonderful support and hospitality.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Heath Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!