“An outstandingly good B & B” 5 of 5 stars

Bridge House Bed & Breakfast
and 1 more site!
You added Bridge House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Bridge House Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   4 Alexandra Terrace | Well Park Road, Drakewalls, Gunnislake PL18 9DT , England   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Gunnislake B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“An outstandingly good B & B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Wonderful hospitality and outstandingly good food. My four night stay in October was undoubtedly the best B&B experience ever. Not only were the breakfasts sumptuous and extensive, the dinners (which were an optional extra) were worthy of a five star restaurant.
A B&B not to be missed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My brother and I had the pleasure of staying for a night with Myles & Margaret and we could not have chosen a better place to stay. Lovely cream tea on arrival, well appointed comfortable room & a breakfast to die for. Thank you for a lovely stay, wish it was longer!
I can only say that I've stayed in quite a few hotels in my time and they could learn a thing or two from this wonderful B&B!

• Stayed September 2013
Hertford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed here on the first night of a cycling trip. Warm welcome, nice house, lovely people, delicious evening meal, nothing too much trouble, somewhere to keep the bike safe and an amazing breakfast menu. If only I'd had the constitution to have sampled more of it but Dartmoor was next on route. Will return with the family one day to do it more justice. Btw, no TV in the room which was a plus for me. Wish all B&Bs were like this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at Bridge House for one night on the 19th August and I was truly stunned by the warm and personal welcome given to me by Myles and Margaret, the owners of this bright and spacious B&B.
From the first moment you step inside to the moment you leave, the attention to detail is worthy of a 5 star hotel. The rooms are really nice and everything has been thought of, down to a spare toothbrush just in case you forget to bring one.
Breakfast was included and what a selection it was! I think that hotels that do breakfast well will always have a loyal fanbase, and the selection of cereals, meats, bread, cheeses, juice and jams has definitely made my mind up with regards to where I'll be staying next time I'm in the area!
Great price for a wonderful stay and I even got a pep talk from Myles and Margaret for the interview I was attending the following day!
I look forward to staying here again - and that breakfast...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Gympie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My sister and I stayed at Bridge House for 13 nights and we are so glad we did. Myles and Margaret made our stay in Gunnislake so memorable. Myles and Margaret provided so much extra from what most B&B's do, including providing a wonderful range of gluten free dining for myself and dairy free for my sister. Unlike most B&B's they offered an evening meal at a very reasonable cost and what they offered on the menu was just amazing, three courses and a different variety every night of our stay, wonderfully prepared and presented and tasted really yummy too. On top of that the huge breakfasts that were on offer also had us extremely satisfied, I can't speak highly enough of the meals on offer. It was a godsend with my caeliacs being able to access the quality of gluten free meals. To add to that Margaret drove us around the area picking us up from a train station half an hour away, doing our washing and then they supplied us with a packed lunch for our trip to Heathrow on our last day. We were made to feel so comfortable and very welcome. I would highly recommend if you are visiting this area that this is the place to stay and I know if I ever venture there again I will definitely stay at Bridge House.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recently stayed here as a base for my brother's wedding in Tavistock. Everything about the B and B is perfect, apart from perhaps the price, which should be a lot more, I felt guilty paying so little !!! Nothing is too much trouble for Myles and Margaret, they couldn't have done more for me or treated me better if I had been their own family. I will definitely come back here again. I have attached a few pics. Myles in the pic here is cooking me a delicious cornish cheese galette, gluten-free as requested ;)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Quiet, peace, home from home, outstanding food for dinner and breakfast. The best welcome and perhaps the best place I have ever had the pleasure of recommending. Myles and Margaret let us use their home as our own, so after dinner we were able to relax and watch T V before retiring to a good book and wonderful night's sleep.

This is quite simply the best place from which to launch yourself into the special houses of the national trust in Cornwall and to avoid having the Friday or Saturday rush, take your time start early and you won't regret it.....

Room Tip: Outstanding view in the twin room