“Lovely Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Glazebrook
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I meant to write this review a week ago when I stayed at this hotel. I feel that I need to compliment the hotel staff for looking after me and my colleague and making our stay very comfortable. The lady at the reception was very polite and welcoming. She offered to help us carry our luggage.

The room at first was cold but soon after switching on the convector heater it became very cosy and warm. It had all the amenities The bathroom was nice size and clean with power shower and fitted soap dispensers.

The food served in the Bar was good and was served within 20 minutes of the order. Everyone was eating in the Bar where they had tables for dinner. It would be good if the restaurant is
opened but I was advised the people prefer eating in the bar. Must say atmosphere was good as it was mostly business people there. Breakfast was serves in the restaurant buffet style. It was fine.

I could not fault the hotel. It is a 3 star hotel and one cannot expect 5 star hotel standard. The rooms were clean, the price reasonable. In fact it was better then many 3 star hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed overnight with my Daughter on the 6th December for a 50th celebration initially pre booked a twin room. On arrival there were three gentlemen booking in to the hotel and there was a mix up with the rooms, they had booked twin rooms but on arrival the powers that be decided to shuffle the rooms around and took the twin room they'd booked of them and gave them a double which they weren't happy about as two of the men had only just met, after twenty minutes of waiting behind them to check in my daughter then offered them our twin room as we didn't mind sharing but low and behold our room had been changed too. My daughter showed them the booking confirmation of our booking for a twin room but management or the powers that be decided to change our rooms. Up we were all absolutely furious, at the end of the day if you book and pay for a twin room that is because you need it yet the Manager was completely arrogant and could not answer why yet another booking had been change without the curtesy of even a phone call to check if this was ok. On arriving to our room that was suppose blue a double it was in fact a three quarter be and had been made up for one person, the room was filthy and hadn't been hoovered up at all with dirt and bits all over the carpet, at this point we asked to speak to the manager and low and behold she wasn't available and a member of staff who had been left in charge came to see us, we were offered a complimentary bottle of wine and breakfast the following morning, nothing could be done about the rooms as there were none left. I cannot believe how arrogant they were and thought it fit to swap rooms around putting people in to doubles that have clearly booked and paid for twin rooms. The Christmas Menu and food served was nice but as a hotel I will never stay there again it was horrendous. As for the manager she clearly doesn't understand customer service. I have worked front of house with the general public and I would have been reprimanded if I had spoken to a paying customer the way she dealt with us. I think she needs to go on a people skills course. Not happy!

Room Tip: Book somewhere else because you don't get the room you've booked and paid for, as management...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Glazebrook hotels

Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The room I stayed was quite basic, a bit dark, twin beds, very narrow beds, with short and narrow blankets. Just add the fact that the hotel is nearby the railway, and you'll quickly realize that trains rumble and every 15 minutes you'll feel like during an earthquake (and I live in a seismic place, and know what that means). Temperature in the room was good. Shower jet: hmmmmm.......
The mixed grill I had for dinner was abundant, but would have needed to be cooked better. Choice of beers at the bar quite limited; on the other hand, the full English breakfast in the morning was very good, with perfectly cooked bacon. Can't believe the difference!
This hotel needs a renovation; after this, could be a better place to be, although the trains can be a true problem for those having a light sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had some work in Northbank business park and I found this hotel to be the nearest. Having read some of the reviews I was sceptical about staying at the Rhinewood. However I decided to give it a try.

I booked room for arrival on Thursday the 22nd November. Being autumn there were leaves all over the parking area but that is expected. The receptionist was very polite and I had to wait just 2 minutes as there was someone before me . The room was very clean and the carpet seemed new. The bathroom again very clean. Room was of the standard you would expect in a 3 star hotel. It had a flat screen TV, iron and ironing board etc.

I had dinner in the bar which was very good, could not fault it. Bar was busy and the staff were friendly looking after all the guests well. There was a good atmosphere in the bar. The hotel serves dinner in the bar where they also have dinning tables. Buffet breakfast is served in the morning and it was fine.

I think some of the reviews may be putting people off but this is a nice and friendly hotel and the rates seem reasonable. I will certainly stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thatcham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I visited with my adult daughter, as we needed somewhere reasonably priced to stay in or near Manchester for one night only. This hotel suited us very well, the room was comfortable and warm, if anything, too warm for my liking overnight! There were plenty of towels and extras such as tissues, and the room was a comfortable size. As we were using public transport, the close proximity of the station was a bonus, we didn't hear any trains at all. The only drawback was that there weren't many trains to and from Manchester on the Saturday night, and none at all on Sundays. We didn't eat there, apart from the complimentary biscuits!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were due to have our Charter dinner dance on the Saturday night but we were allowed access to the room on the Friday afternoon so that we could set the banners and table decorations. The staff were very friendly and helpful and they worked extremely hard on the Saturday night. People at the Charter commented on the quality of the food and the amount that they were given, the portions were generous..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Peterborough
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night whilst visiting family and were well looked after. The room was well appointed with mirror near a plug for drying my hair which is always a bonus! The room was warm, yes you can hear the trains which is a downfall. Breakfast was good and plenty of it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Rhinewood Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!