“Amazing staff, fabulous hotel and grounds. A wonderful wedding experince!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Statham Lodge Country House Hotel

You added Statham Lodge Country House Hotel to your Saves list
Statham Lodge Country House Hotel
Warrington Road | Statham, Lymm WA13 9BP, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lymm
Manchester, uk
“Amazing staff, fabulous hotel and grounds. A wonderful wedding experince!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

I recently got married at Statham Lodge on Friday 13th March 2009-despite the unlucky date everything ran extremly smoothly. The staff, imparticular Lance who looked after us during the daytime are a credit to the hotel. Lance put us all at ease both on the big day and meetings in the build up to the date! Each staff member were polite and helpful and their expertise in weddings clearly showed throughout the day. We didn't have to worry about anything during the day! The food was excellent and while I read one other comment on a review about there been too much food I would like to say that yes there is alot of food but I would rather our guests were full than complain about small portions! The grounds are also fantastic for night time pictures! The rooms are great value compared to other wedding venues and each room has its own individual character and the wedding suite was beautiful! The only downfall is you have to book well in advance for the day you want (that's why we had Friday 13th!).

• Stayed March 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

hello statham lodge is simply wonderfulll place for weddings i recently got married there and had my reception there on 7th september this year my wedding was romantic weather was lovely so my photograpghs were superb,service and food excellant rooms are gorgeous clean,i would definately recommend this place to anyone having a forthcoming wedding or even just to stay there and recieve impecable service.my family love this place so much they want to go again.everybody just fell in love with the perfect surroundings and wonderfull day thankyou to statham lodge for a perfect wedding.
yours mrs worsley

• Liked — service cleanliness and professional touch
  • Disliked — cannot fault this place in any way
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Warrington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

Stayed at hotel with wedding party.Last stayed here about 5 years previous.Great hotel for weddings,lovely gardens,excellent food and really nice friendly staff,we were really well looked after.Rooms have just been upgraded,nice modern bathrooms,nice sized rooms and very clean but wardrobes and bedside tables have been painted which is a bit naff [thought that had gone out with changing rooms]Agree with previous comment about decor,reception and bar looking a bit tired,but still worth the money.Overall a nice friendly hotel and worth a visit,i have booked for christmas with workmates

• Liked — lovelly bathroom,friendly staff
  • Disliked — painted wardrobes
  • Stayed July 2008
Yorkshire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

The hotel is in a great location - Lymm is a lovely village slap bang in between Liverpool and Manchester. I stayed at the hotel with work.

The décor of the hotel is quite 70s really - I prefer somewhere a bit more contemporary. Service was fine, couldn't really fault it. I'd say that the hotel would be great for someone a little older (without wanting to sound ageist) - 'faded' is a word I'd use for it, really. The room I stayed in was sparse without being minimal.

In all, I've stayed in worse places, but this accommodation would probably suit a more senior couple nicely.

• Liked — Location - Lymm is a great spot
  • Disliked — Old fashioned feel
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Statham Lodge Country House Hotel for one night on 28 July 2008. We had not stayed here before but in the 1970's had eaten several times in the restaurant.

The hotel is easy to find, as it is clearly signposted. There was no other person checking in when we arrived and our Late Rooms booking had worked successfully and we were expected. The receptionist asked if we would be dining in the hotel and we confirmed that we would and requested a table for 7.30 which she noted in the book.

Our room number 16 was on the first floor, reached by climbing a flight of stairs and opening two Fire Doors. We could feel the temperature rising as we ascended, as the accommodation is not air conditioned. Our room was fairly large with a TV, king size bed, two bedside tables, a small desk and chair and a wicker arm chair. There were tea and coffee making facilities (a kettle) which had to be plugged in to a socket about twelve inches off the floor, which meant that the kettle had to be on the floor itself. This is obviously a problem for the elderly and disabled who would have to kneel on the floor to make a hot drink and could scold themselves. There was only one bedside light, which makes this hotel the first one which this facility that I have stayed in. I had a bright idea of plugging the light next to the TV into the socket behind the bed and placing it on my bedside table. Having moved the bed away from the wall (another first), we discovered that there were no sockets as the bedside light was wired directly into a switch. The bed and light were hastily replaced in their original positions.

Before we went in for our dinner we went for a drink in the bar. We were not asked if we were dining and no one came to us with a menu or wine list. At 7.30 we ventured into the restaurant and found it set up for breakfast and deserted. I went to reception and explained that we had a table booked and that the restaurant was deserted. We were taken into the restaurant and invited to sit by the window. A waitress then appeared and explained that the restaurant staff had been told that no one was dining that evening. I explained that we had booked and the booking had been noted in the book. She apologized and said that she would have to relay the table for dinner as it had been set up for breakfast. After this was done and our order taken, our starters arrived. My starter was Italian Style Lamb Meatballs on Ciabetta bread. When the plate was placed on the table the meatballs rolled off the plate and on to the clean whiter tablecloth! The waitress apologized and said that the chef would kill her! She did not attempt to replace the heavily stained cloth. My wife had Roast Smoked Salmon with new potato and spring onion salad. Both starters were delicious but far too much to eat, especially for a starter. For our main course I had a 10oz Sirloin Steak and my wife had Rack of Lamb. Both were served with a large selection of vegetables. This course was also far too large for comfort. For desert I had Cheese and Biscuits and my wife had Rhubarb and Vanilla Panna Cotta. Coffee and Chocolate Mints rounded off the meal. For £25 it was good value but the portions were far too large and therefore food was unnecessarily wasted.
The restaurant did not have the air conditioning switched on and during the main course we had to retreat to the garden where the remainder of the meal was served.

There were two other guests for breakfast which was served without any apparent problems. We only sampled the cooked bacon which was delicious. As we left our room to check out, I noted that the cleaning staff had propped open three Fire Doors, obviously to help them move about but a clear breach of safety rules. I told the receptionist about my experience and she said that she would pass them on to the manager. I hope that she does and changes are made!

The hotel was a good place to stay for the price paid and the food delicious.

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — No bedside light and sitting on the floor to make tea.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2007

We stayed here for a friends wedding, we where allocated a gorgeous room with a 4 poster bed at the front of the hotel.

The food at the wedding was gorgeous and breakfast was lovely too.

All the staff where really helpful.

Really recommend for a wedding or short break

• Liked — The Rooms
  • Disliked — That i had to leave
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lymm, Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2005

Cannot speak highly enough of the level of service provided. We held both our marriage ceremony and reception here and everything ran fantastically well.

All the guests commented on how good a day it was; food was excellent and White Lady room would please even the harshest critic.

Marilyn and Sam who organised everything took away all the hassle and the staff have the knack of attending to your needs without you noticing!

Cannot recommend highly enough!

Mr & Mrs W. Milne

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Statham Lodge Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!