“new years bash” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lymm
gomersal
“new years bash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

i just want to say thank you to all staff at this hotel, we stayed for new years eve, with four other friends, we enjoyed a fantastic meal, entertainment was superb dj on his own did cds to dance to and fantastic singing more like tribute singer, the piper at 12.00 made it magical, bed was late for us but when we came down to breakfast nothing was too much trouble for the staff, so i would recommend this hotel to anyone, please save me a room for next year. dont tell everyone though or we wont get in.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

My husband and I married at the Lymm Hotel on 18th December 2010. We had our ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception there. We would not hesitate to recommend to anyone thinking of getting married at the Lymm Hotel.

The services of Sylvia their wedding co-ordinator were excellent, very efficient, professional and nothing was too much trouble. On the day Michael took over as master of ceremonies and main organiser and he was absolutely fantastic, could not praise him enough, anything you wanted doing he would do it, he went out of his way to make sure our day was how we wanted it. They also made sure all our guest were equally happy.

The wedding meal was out of this world, every guest commented on how fantastic the meal was, all three courses were top class and could not be faulted in anyway, it exceed our expectation. The evening buffet was just as delicious and well presented. Breakfast the next morning was delicious which shows how consistently good the chef is.

There seems to be a lot of negative comments about the appearance of the hotel rooms, I would agree that the rooms are a little dated but it adds to the character of the hotel and nothing that would stop me staying there again (and I am very fussy!).

Now to the only negative, that is their resident DJ (who came with the wedding package), if I could have my day over again he would be the only thing we would change. I am not going to go into great detail but from first contact it was clear he was a talker and not a listener! As a DJ we were surprised how out of touch he is with people and his ability to clear the dance floor was second to none, but that was not the worst of it. He is obviously a wannabe singer and so kept singing in between records!!! Which instantly cleared the room let alone the dance floor. We did provide a playlist but he hardly played any of our songs. I think he thought we had all come to his concert and perhaps needs to put away his over inflated ego and realise that he is there to provide a service to other people. If you have the wedding package please get your own DJ that you know will not be a letdown.

But that aside, we cannot recommend a wedding at the Lymm Hotel enough, the food was amazing and the staff excellent. Sylvia and Michael are an absolute credit to the Lymm Hotel and made our day truly amazing.

• Stayed December 2010
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I booked a 2 night stay at The Lymm as we were attending a Wedding in a nearby hotel, which also occurred over my birthday, so a joint celebration. On first approach, the hotel seemed to be quite good and appealing.

However, we were given a room in the block of rooms, which wasn't appealing, very tired and in desperate need of updating. We'd booked a classic double, which also had a single bed in it, which personally I don't find appealing. They had very traditional coverings, no duvets which appeared clean, which was the main thing.

The bathroom again, needs a big overhaul. The overflow actually was leaking into the bath (not out??!!), the bathroom bin had not been emptied since the previous visitors, plus the complimentary tea tray had been left half empty and not replenished - big clue, half eaten packet of biscuits!!

I was looking forward to spending a weekend with my husband in a nice hotel that we enjoyed spending time in. In the end, we literally spent as many hours out the hotel as possible!!

Breakfast was very nice, excellent staff, great food. Shame the hotel rooms didn't seem to match!! I wouldn't go there again, I like to support more independent hotels, but would favour large chain hotels in the future, so I can guarantee what I'd get!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2010
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your comments in December about your stay in September. It was correct that in September we had a situation in our Housekeeping Dept that needed addressing and I do apologise that you obviously suffered from the fall out. This has since been done. It was unfortunate that you did not contact us directly during your stay to sort out your concerns and thus enjoy the rest of your stay. On your next visit ot the North West please contact me directly so that I can arrange a gesture towards you on behalf of the Lymm Hotel.
gilstead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

i have just attended a wedding at this hotel on 5th november 10. from the moment i entered reception to book in the staff could not have been more welcoming and friendly. the ceremony was conducted at the hotel with the meal later on. the food was excellent, the attention to detail by the staff amazing and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.
breakfast next morning was delicious, plenty of fresh fruit, cereals and a cooked breakfast if that was what you wanted.
i would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, either for an ocassion such as a wedding or indeed for a very nice week-end treat.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

From the time my sisters and I arrived we found out what a big let down this hotel would be.

We travelled with Newmarket travel. When the coach arrived all passengers were stopped from going in the hotel until we had filled in the evening menu and then given our keys. This took place on the verge outside the hotel. Just lucky it wasnt raining!

No one showed us where to find our rooms, which took 10mins to find.

At evening meal the head waiter was sarcastice and very rude to me, which ended up with me in tears.

This spoiled my holliday.

At no time was I appoligised to for his behaveiour. My sisters complained on my behalf but nothing was done.

I would not advise any one to stay at this hotel unless they enjoy the Fawty Towers experience.

I'd rate this hotel on a scale of 1-10 , 1 and thats for the breakfast.

• Stayed September 2010
Pasteiner, General Manager at The Lymm Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for filling in your views. In order to speed the access to your bedroom after a day in the coach, it is easier on our guests to be indicated the directions to their rooms directly when arriving within our fenced car park area. The menu choice although limited within the budget agreed by the tour company, does give a choice to cater for all dietary requirements. It was gratifying to receive many excellent comments from fellow travellers during breakfast on the morning of departure.
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

I stayed for one night and was relieved it wasn't any longer. Room was shabby, with curtain pelmet falling off, and filthy marks on wall paper. Bathroom was superficially clean (shower only, no bath) but with black mildew round sealing and tiles.

Bed was uncomfortable with noisy springs and shabby bedding - the blanket under the coverlet was revolting and smelled musty. Bed was right next to the corridor, doors slammed loudly and you could hear people walking up and down all night.

Food in the restaurant was very average - the creme brulee was absolutely solid, and the fish was mushy. Wouldn't come back again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for filling in your views concerning your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with certain aspects of you stay. We have recently changed all our beds and matresses, and have a programme of ongoing rooms maintenance which is directly aimed to address many of the points that you highlighted. On your next visit to the area please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can get things right for you.

Philip Pasteiner - General Manager
Lymm
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

The Lymm hotel response to the review below (on 16 Aug 2010 ) about the sewage smell says "It was unfortunate that there was a serious drainage issue on the public road outside our hotel, this was a one-off situation and beyond the hotels control". This is simply not true. As someone who lives near the hotel, I can guarantee that this is a regular problem and has been so for many months/years, usually coinciding with a wedding or other major event at the hotel, ie it's worse on a Sunday morning. I have been prompted to write today as raw sewage and other nasty stuff is running down the road. I don't know or care whether its the fault of the hotel or United Utilities, but something is wrong and must be sorted. The bright orange Dynarod vans are a regular feature outside the hotel and it is wrong to mislead people that this is a "one-off."

• Stayed September 2010

Been to The Lymm Hotel? Share your experiences!