The owners put on a free-entry New Year's Eve "James Bond" themed party including disco and fireworks which was great fun and it was so nice to see plenty of other people had also dressed up for the occasion. To complete our evening four of us also pre-booked for the 'a la carte' special NYE menu at £27.50 per head ... SOoo glad we did ... every dish was amazing and cooked to perfection ... here's what was on offer:
• Poached Plaice fillet with Prawn Mousse and a lemon sherbet sauce Or
• Stilton Port & Walnut Pate, Port Poached Pear, Toast & Candied Walnuts Or
•Smoked Chicken with Mango Salsa Celeriac Slaw, & Redcurrant & Orange dressing
Main Course -
• Celebration of Pork "Mangelitsa Pork Overnight Roasted with Ginger Cider & Sautéed in Butter, presented with Homemade Wild Boar & Black Pudding Sausage, Savoyard Potatoes, Cider Sauce & Crackling. Or
• Ribeye Steak Glazed with Blue Cheese, on a Potato & Red Onion Rosti with Broccoli Polonaise, & Mushroom Cream Sauce Or
• Homemade Gnocchi with Roast Vegetables in a rich Italian Tomato Sauce with Parmesan Tuiles, Cherry Infused Balsamic reduction Or
• Cod pan fried in butter with a Fennel Ratatouille, Rissole Potatoes & Tomato Coulis
• Chocoholics Anonymous Chocolate dessert: Chef's Signature dessert of 5 homemade Miniature Chocolate desserts (contains alcohol) Or
• Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce, Butterscotch Ice cream Or
• Blueberry & Elderflower Jelly with Salted Caramel & Hazelnut Shortbread
If you missed out on this amazing meal this year, we really recommend you don't miss the next one! Our thanks to Belinda and Adrian for a wonderful evening.
If you own or manage The New Harp Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.