“Outstanding!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Mill

The Old Mill
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoarwithy
The Old Mill
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   High Street, Hoarwithy HR2 6QH , England   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hoarwithy B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Arrived on the Friday evening to be greeted with Tea and the owner's homemade Honey cake, which I understand wins awards! The cottage to the rear of the main buildings was just fantastic. Clean, nice furnishing with everything you could want or need. The bathroom was outstanding and the beds comfy and spotlessly clean. Now, I travelled with a real foodie mate who just will not do poor food, not a problem here! The breakfast in the morning was outragiously fantastic.
Fresh fruits, 4 kinds of Yogurts, cereals, toast and then a beautiful cooked breakfast.
All this from hosts who were charming and had time to be interested in the guest but not too much. On the second day we were to leave at the crack of dawn fishing so told Carol we would be skipping Breakfast, having none of it Carol insisted on cooking us Sausage sandwiches to take with us!! Wow! In fact when i told her I would be leaving a review she told me it wasn't entirely necessary because if we liked our stay we would return...indeed all the other guest we spoke to had returned time & time again. Truley 5 stars and shows that the art of real hospitality
and honest care is still out there. Carol we will be back. Amazing value *****.

Room Tip: All good, you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have seen the reviews on this bed and breakfast and I have also seen it in the flesh and I would say it looks lovely, however having booked a room 2 weeks previous to travelling from outside the uk it was disappointing at the least to hear that the room I had booked had been subsequently booked to someone else and that there were no more available rooms. I was given an alternative which was also fully booked and ended up having to drive outside of Hereford and stay with relatives at short notice. I was told there had been some confusion and that the room had been swapped with someone else...... Amazing that this could happen without so much as a call to ask or even confirm with me seeing as I had provided my mobile... To make matters worse there was no apology which I felt was inexcusable... I'm sorry to have to report such a negative experience however whilst I enjoyed my cousins wedding very much, having to leave the night early to drive up to relatives late Saturday night leaves me with little moral alternative....

• Stayed October 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've lost count the number of times we've stayed with Carol. It really is a home from home. Tea and cake on arrival & a genuine warm welcome. The Old Mill offers B&B and two self catering options. Whatever you choose you will not be disappointed. The Old Mill has rooms which are extremely comfortable and have individual character. The self catering cottages are superb for longer stays. Carol cooks a fantastic breakfast with local produce (the eggs are from her own chickens) The local area is beautiful so walks are plentiful. Be sure to visit Symonds Yat and the Black and White villages. I recommend you come and enjoy for yourself!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Soroe, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights while my husband went fishing in the lake Wye. Carol was very welcoming ad suited to our needs, eg changing the time of breakfast, so we could leave early. Rooms were tidy and comfy. Breakfast was wonderfull with the full bacon and eggs as expected. Wifi in the rooms at no charge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed, overnight, with Carol at the Old Mill during our recent two day canoe trip down the River Wye. Carol made us feel extremely welcome with coffee and homemade cake on arrival and was very helpful with accommodating all our 'paddling gear'. The Old Mill is full of charm, well located to the local pub for an evening meal, and our room was clean and comfortable with a good shower; the garden is pretty and attracts a lot of local wild birds which were a joy to watch.
Breakfast was well cooked with a good choice of cereals and fruit to accompany and Carol made us sandwiches to take with us down the river.
Room rate was very reasonable for the standard of B&B - I would not hesitate to recommend the Old Mill

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We found this B&B online prior to our travels, and were very much surprised by how little their website does justice to the actual place. Nestled in a beautiful area, the views are gorgeous, cottages surround it, chickens and horses and a beautiful church right around the corner. Just taking a little walk around the area is a feast for the eyes. We had a lovely time. Our room was great, well stocked and very clean. The shower left something to be desired, but is worth the sacrifice for the experience. The food was delicious, including fresh eggs picked up by our host in front of our own eyes from the chicken coop. All in all a LOVELY experience - I would recommend this place in a heart beat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Newmarket, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We visited this B&B due to the fact that we had a wedding to attend at the village church. For those who are considering booking for a wedding at the Hoarwithy church this ideal location-wise. It’s literally around the corner from the church and indeed over the road from the local public house. The Old Mill is a lovely charming place and Carol (the owner) is very friendly, she arranged an early check in- to allow us to get ready prior to the wedding.
The room was very nice, good bed and nice little touches with flat screen TV and smellies and chocolates which my partner liked. The only slight issue was the shower- this didn’t seem to like to stay at the same temperature- but it was still OK and I didn’t complain as I have used far worse showers in the past!
The breakfast was excellent, I couldn’t see any grease on any of the cooked- all cooked to order, cereals fruit etc- all excellent. The actual room rates as well are very reasonable- cheaper than others in the area as far as I could find! To summarise I would highly recommend this B&B for anyone visiting Hoarwithy or the surround areas.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Old Mill? Share your experiences!