“Tranquil quirky aceness.” 5 of 5 stars

Winter Special Offers
Ranked #2 of 3 Hoarwithy B&B and Inns
“Tranquil quirky aceness.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just back from Wrigglebrook, we stayed 6 days as 5 days wasn't enough! We stayed in the Open Lot, then the Showman on the extra night. Showman is better if you are tall according to Mr S...

What can I say? The location was perfect, the welcome was warm, the accommodation was delightful, Jane and JP were great hosts. The food was awesome, do book an evening meal with them - you really won't regret it, if you think the breakfast is great wait til you try the pie and paella! The tea was amazing too! We cooked over the open fire a couple of nights which was surprisingly easy and was great fun.

Worth a visit nearby Symonds Yat and the Forest of Dean which was triumphantly blanketed with bluebells, but there are loads of great walks right on your doorstep too.

We were with Hurley our 14 month old choc lab who is convinced it is heaven on earth as he had his own brook to splosh about in and I think he's probably right. (he is responsible for the Swimming pool excellent rating, he thought it was anyway!) I wish I lived there too...

All in all we will definitely return and are recommending it to all our friends. We loved it, it was just the tonic after a year with no holiday at all.

Room Tip: Tall folks go for the Showmans, romantics will love either Bowtop.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have just had the most fantastic weekend at Wriggles Brook peace , quiet and a totally relaxing break would recomend this place to anyone wanting to escape the rat race. dont think about booking do it you wont regret it.Paul Egan

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leominster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Loved sitting round a campfire listening to the brook. Wonderfully tranquil area, away from the ratrace. Great accommodation and a hearty breakfast. Had a most excellent stay, it was over all too quickly. Will be back again, sooner rather than later ;)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent Easter Weekend at Wrigglesbrook . Opting for the Open lot (canvas zip up door) which I had booked nearly a year in advance previously thinking we would have a decent Spring I thought I might live to regret my optimism.
Not so, the heater in the caravan (which itself is compact and quaint) kept the temperature of the Caravan pleasant, with the addition of lighting the Queenie stove at night we were toasty warm, there's plenty of blankets and the bed was comfortable. Yes it does feel strange trying to get into a cabin bed but that is half the fun, If you are a bit taller opt for one of the other caravans which I believe have larger beds.

Jane and Jean-Paul were very welcoming as were their lovely dogs, who are friendly but well behaved (I am a little scared of Dogs and was fine around them) The breakfast is very filling (Pancakes and fruit followed by a full English) and sets you up for the day.

The conservatory where you can have your breakfast (if you don't want to eat it outside or in the caravan was warm and cozy and is beautifully lit at night, creating a really lovey romantic atmosphere). The food is very good and our desserts were excellent! We also had a go at cooking on the open fire outside of the caravan as all the bits are provided.

The shower block was also very warm, we loved our fluffy towels and the shower was hotter and more powerful than my one at home! The Eco toilets are fine to use, I actually prefer them to normal toilets and they are clean.

The surrounding area is beautiful, from the babbling brook next to the Caravan to lull you to sleep to the lovely surroundings and Cattle and Wildlife. We also went for some local walks, stopping off at some local pubs en-route.

All in all if you are looking for a romantic, quirky and relaxing weekend then this is your place- shrug of the city, embrace your inner hippie and enjoy a different pace of life at Wrigglesbrook, we will be back!

Room Tip: The Showman's wagon has more room and is set back more from the other too. The Open lot provides...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

It has been over a month since I visited here with my boyfriend and I am still remembering it vividly! Such a wonderful experience, full of creativity and thoughtfulness. I have never known anywhere else like it, and don't think I ever will. It captured my imagination and was just what I needed having had a shaky start to the year. Our wagon was something out of a fairytale book. I almost expected actual fairies to be darting about outside it was so magical. Jane has not spared including a single thing that might make a stay comfortable... Tea lights in tree branches for midnight dreamings, blankets for late night hammock swings, wine glasses and tea caddies for after dinner drinks and eco-friendliness for washings in the mornings! Breakfast was also something to write home about with delicious homemade ketchup and baked beans! Next time, which fingers crossed there will be, I think we will opt for dinner as well to complete the Wriggles Brook experience. Thank you to both John and Jane for following their own dreams and creating Wriggles Brook and for giving the rest of us a slice of heaven!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent the night here as a surprise for my son's seventh birthday, instead of a big party - he loves Danny the Champion of the World - with him and my younger son, who is 4. Their faces when we arrived and they saw where we'd be staying were a picture. They were entranced by the whole experience, and loved the bed underneath ours (in The Showman), the bridge across the stream, the double hammock, the dog Buster, and most of all the campfire. We did the whole thing - toasted marshmallows on a stick, told ghost stories etc - and I'm sure it will be a memory that will stay with them long after memories of the usual birthday parties that blend into one. Jane and John Paul are very friendly and the food was delicious. The showers are powerful, and spotless. I'd definitely return here, and recommend for a weekend away with a difference.

Room Tip: The Showman is the only caravan suitable for families.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brynmawr
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Words cannot describe this wonderful place ...... on arrival John-Paul could not have been more welcoming he is truly a gypsy at heart as are we ! Both John-Paul and Jane are there if you need them and not if you dont - our wagon was the most fantastic thing we have ever seen meeting our expectations and exceeding them - all you need to take with you is YOU! everything else is there from matches to light your log fire to the logs ready cut and the supply is endless ... the food was outstanding and attention to detail made all the difference .... the van itself was the most romantic, cosy place we have ever slept in even at the beginning of March when the dogs water had frozen outside we were cwtched up warm in bed (as my husband lit the fire in the van) we had to sleep with the doors open and then it was still cwtchy - cant think of a better way or place to spend with my husband and best-friend - perfection !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wriggles Brook Gypsy B&B? Share your experiences!