We stayed at this hotel for 3 x nights in late February 2013 as part of a 4 x month holiday of New Zealand/ Malaysia and Singapore. We were in fact in the later stages of our holiday and we were seeking some good relaxation and traditional special service.........the resort/hotel did not disappoint in either area. As soon as we arrived we were impressed with the service - everything was so clean and smart giving excellent first impressions.
Our room faced the main road and although it was somewhat noisy particularly over the weekend (Friday/ Saturday) the really comfortable bed made up for it!
Breakfast was very special and we really enjoyed the 'high tea' - its a must! and very good value.
In the evenings we were often sat in the beautiful lounge with the piano player on our own....with a cocktail from the bar. The room service was fantastic! The local area is ok to explore but some what disappointing owing to local abuse of land (strawberry plantations).
Very good resort well managed with a touch of class!
One thing - we got a taxi from Kuala Lumpur which cost £80 - great value and its the best way to get there - don't use the bus!
Pete & Sue
- Also Known As:
- Cameron Highlands Hotel Tanah Rata
- Cameron Highlands Hotel
- Cameron Highlands Resort Tanah Rata
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst tea plantations and rolling hills, this boutique hideaway promises all the splendour, romance and nostalgia of Cameron Highlands’ grand colonial heritage.Tall French doors, timber-beamed ceilings and plantation shutters add colonial charm and a touch of nostalgia to our rooms.Enjoy a refreshing round of golf, a pink-cheeked ramble along jungle trails, or a leisurely walk through tea plantations and strawberry farms. To recover, you can have a cup of tea in the drawing room, or a tea bath at the Spa Village, or you may simply choose to spend the day curled up with a good book by the fireplace.Cameron Highlands Resort is situated on the largest hill retreat in Malaysia, surrounded by breathtaking scenery, lush greenery, rolling hills and Tudor-styled cottages. The luxurious boutique Resort features 56 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, and fronts Cameron Highlands' 18-hole golf course. It also houses the third wellness centre of the award-winning Spa Village group, which offers exotic treatments focusing on the healing and restorative properties of tea. Located in the state of Pahang, approximately 200 kilometres north of Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands is a beautiful holiday destination and the only place where you can find tea plantations and strawberries in Malaysia. At about 1,500 metres above sea level, it is the highest area on the mainland and enjoys a cool climate and fresh air, with temperatures ranging between 15° and 25° Celsius. Much of the character of the highlands remains unchanged since colonial times. It is endearingly known to some as the 'little corner of England in Asia'. The cool climate on the picturesque plateau and its surrounding hills and forest make this a popular retreat for golfing, jungle trekking and exploration of the many plantations and gardens. Cameron Highlands Resort is ideal all year round for families, honeymooners and holidaymakers out to satiate their appetites for trails, tales and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Splendia, Agoda, Priceline, AsiaRooms, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Cameron Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.