The resort itself is a remarkable property and very well maintained, though quite pricey. It has a very nice ambience and does feel like old colonial place with all the decor, nice music around and very well trained and attentive staff. A must visit in the Cameron Highlands.
The rooms and beds are what you would expect from a world class 5-star hotel - excellent. View from the window is outright stunning. However, enjoying it with the open window, as one should in such a beautiful place, is hardly an option. Road in front of the hotel is quite busy day and night, with very noisy traffic. I felt very strange: picture outside (trees, hills and serene golf course) was a total disconnect with the traffic noise as good as in the city at times! I understand there is nothing hotel can do about it, but it was a real turn down for me. The whole area is being developed and a lot of big scale construction is going on around, so expect the noise and traffic to get only worse ;(
Food served in the hotel is okay at best and definitely too pricey for what you get, definitely not recommended. Except for desserts - those where good.
Spa is quite nice, with the local touch of tea bath, and a good choice after a day of jungle trekking!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst tea plantations and rolling hills, this boutique hideaway promises all the splendour, romance and nostalgia of Cameron Highlands’ grand colonial heritage.Tall French doors, timber-beamed ceilings and plantation shutters add colonial charm and a touch of nostalgia to our rooms.Enjoy a refreshing round of golf, a pink-cheeked ramble along jungle trails, or a leisurely walk through tea plantations and strawberry farms. To recover, you can have a cup of tea in the drawing room, or a tea bath at the Spa Village, or you may simply choose to spend the day curled up with a good book by the fireplace.Cameron Highlands Resort is situated on the largest hill retreat in Malaysia, surrounded by breathtaking scenery, lush greenery, rolling hills and Tudor-styled cottages. The luxurious boutique Resort features 56 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, and fronts Cameron Highlands' 18-hole golf course. It also houses the third wellness centre of the award-winning Spa Village group, which offers exotic treatments focusing on the healing and restorative properties of tea. Located in the state of Pahang, approximately 200 kilometres north of Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands is a beautiful holiday destination and the only place where you can find tea plantations and strawberries in Malaysia. At about 1,500 metres above sea level, it is the highest area on the mainland and enjoys a cool climate and fresh air, with temperatures ranging between 15° and 25° Celsius. Much of the character of the highlands remains unchanged since colonial times. It is endearingly known to some as the 'little corner of England in Asia'. The cool climate on the picturesque plateau and its surrounding hills and forest make this a popular retreat for golfing, jungle trekking and exploration of the many plantations and gardens. Cameron Highlands Resort is ideal all year round for families, honeymooners and holidaymakers out to satiate their appetites for trails, tales and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, AsiaRooms, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cameron Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cameron Highlands Hotel Tanah Rata
- Cameron Highlands Resort Tanah Rata