“Clean rooms, helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

TJ Lodge
No. 68A, Persiaran Camelia 3, Tanah Rata, Malaysia   |
Ranked #8 of 23 Tanah Rata B&B and Inns
Budapest, Hungary
“Clean rooms, helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

It was a really nice and clean hostel.
They also have jeeps and we could hire one, that way we could see the most of the Cameron Highlands, I think, it was a really good full day program, and it worth it.
The team was very helpful, the also ordered us bus tickets to KL.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed for two nights in a private room. The room was clean and the staff helpful. I did not see staff between 21h and 9h. Wifi was almost non-existent. There is a bar on the ground floor, for me this was no problem as I was tired from day activities and slept like a baby, but I imagine that for sleepers the bass sounds could be a problem. I believe the bar closes around midnight.
Overall a very pleasant stay!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed three nights in a twin room on the first floor and despite previous reviews we did not find that the noise from the bar downstairs disturbed our sleep but I guess it might if you area light sleeper. We took a half-day tour with TJ too and their guide was fantastically informative and went that little bit further by adapting the itinerary to suit our group. The showers are hot (we never had to wait for these shared facilities) and the rooms are clean and bright. The walls are thin and the wifi was occasionally a bit dodgy but overall this was a great value place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Our room was basic and clean which is what we were looking for. There was plenty of space and we had our own bathroom. There is a nice communal area where you can watch movies, access to a computer and tea/coffee provided. Nice place. No complaints.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was booking this hotel on the last minutes because all the hotel was full and quiet expensive during weekend. The location if this hotel is like 2 side knifes, in the first side it was really good location which is in the middle of tanah rata town and it is quiet near with the morning market beside the hotel. But, the location also very bad because it was very noisy especially from the market beside. I was worried i cannot really sleep because of the bar downstair based on other review but the bar itself not really make noisy sound but the traffic outside make more noisy sound.

I was booked double room with shared bathroom but i was given a family room for 3 people so i got 1 extrabed to put my stuff :) The bed itself is springbed and no bed bugs detected after i checked so no problem with the bed. Overall, the hotel also quiet clean and they provide free coffee and tea.

The bad things here is the internet. It was slow and hard to connect. I was try to restart the router few times due to the connection is always lost during I browse the internet.

Room Tip: As higher room. At least it will be less noise from the bar.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Pros: clean, wifi works well, good location, offer other services including motorbike rental.

Cons: Noisy bar downstairs at night and the dorm has windows along both outer walls which obviously blocks out next to no noise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

TJ has a really good location, our room was clean although we were given a twin when we had booked a double on Agoda but they told us that apparently double just meant two beds and that we would just have to push them together. The room key was like a log with a key on the end which was quite inconvenient. The room nice and bright, small but it didn't matter.

I've given it average because the noise at night was just terrible, we had room 2 which was next to the communal room so we could hear people talking all night because the walls are paper thin. We also had a water pipe that would constantly make noise during the night from people upstairs and the window wouldn't shut tight so we had noise from the street and the bar downstairs played music loudly till beyond midnight.

It was nice but the noise was just ridiculous at night and sleep was almost impossible without earplugs. I think it may have been the room we were in because I haven't seen many reviews complaining of noise. I don’t think I'd stay again because of how noisy it was.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to TJ Lodge? Share your experiences!