I like nature, but I don't want to camp, but I do want to feel "outdoorsy"… this place is it.
- Our room had been re-decorated recently, and it was lovely.
- The rooms have NO heat. So bring warm pajamas and socks. If you are dressed appropriately, you don't need the heat. It is just that we have forgotten what it feels like to be chilly.
- Given that the rooms had no heat, I think it would have been good if the hotel provided bath robes.
- Our kids loved the playground. There was one plank that needed to be replaced or even removed. It is an old-fashioned wood structure. I hope this hotel never switches to a generic plastic one that you see everywhere now. The boys loved the huge ramp and climbing structure, so different than what they are used to.
- The food was excellent. We travelled quite a bit over the holidays at other resorts. The breakfast here was superb. Not the layout/presentation so much, as the quality and taste of the food. Excellent black coffee. Dress warm for breakfast, as the management opens ALL the windows and doors so you can appreciate the clear, chilly mountain air and views.
A note, too, about Cameron Highlands, in general. Unless you are really into hiking, which clearly, I am not - there is really not a lot to do here, but it is worth the trip. Bring books and movies for the kids. A favorite bottle of wine and just hang out. The little "museum" in town is a must do. We have lived in KL for almost 3 years now, and I think Cameron Highlands is a true gem of Malaysia.
This hotel has the right mix of character and modernity. Just bring warm clothes.
If you have children, you might want to request a room near the playground.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Greetings from Strawberry Park Resort!
Thank you for your comments on your latest stay at our resort.
We have taken your remarks on the playground and bathrobes into account and will act accordingly.
We will also bring forth your good comments as an incentive to continue to strive to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay at our resort.
Looking forward to seeing you and your family again at our resort in the future.
Strawberry Park Resort
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.