“Surprising” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Strawberry Park Resort

Save Saved
You added Strawberry Park Resort to your Saves list
Strawberry Park Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Lot 195 & 196, Jalan Strawberry Park | Cameron Highlands, Tanah Rata 39000, Malaysia   |
Special Offer
Best Available Rate
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Tanah Rata
Malaysia
“Surprising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went to Cameron highland few times unfortunately every time disappointed with the hotel.
I am Malaysian but also cannot accept the "cleaness" of the hotel provided. So tis time I plan the family trip to Cameron highlands, I put no "expectation ". Tat y when u did u expect too much, then u feel more happy . First time stay in tis hotel. Actually tis hotel if no renovated the room , I won't recommend to u all. So I see the hotel website and call the hotel myself to double confirm of the room recently renovated. I booked 4 studio Suite with one extra bed in each room cost rm 363 with breakfast. When I do the check in around 3pm, the room is ready. What I can say tis hotel only renovated few types of the hotel room, the lobby and restaurant very " out of date" looks. The room is nice like in the website. One room no towels provided so I called housekeeping , they give us quite fast .
Tis hotel got few block looks like 4 storey apartment with staircase (no lift). So not suitable for old people. If u here, make sure u drive also else not advisable to stay here. So I stay in block F , can park the car just in front of u hotel room. Then walk up to u room. The weather is not cold at all, even my kids also don't need where jacket ( age 8 and 5)! Tis hotel located tanah rata but very near to brinchang town also (5-10 minutes drive).
The next morning the breakfast provided from 7-10 am . Actually is late, suppose need put at 6:30am to 10. Cos here is relaxing place , so no night life ( means sleep very early, wake up early also). The breakfasts variety is normal, but the food is not yummy, so u won't eat u second round
I go restaurant at 7, at tat time , not much of guests , so service is ok. When around 8am, I see lots guests come in, so I don't think service is good la. ( u see overcrowded , still got service ah?)
Overall I just rest in room , no use the facility , so no comment on the others.
If u are the one who want rest and dont expect good service, then tis hotel no regret. Cos last few times I stay in the hotel , dirty, expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went on a short break to Cameron Highlands and stayed at the strawberry park resort tanah rata wt my family of 2 adults and 2 small children. Upon letting ourselves into our room, we were pleasantly surprised by the beautifully renovated room. For once, we got a room tht looks exactly as the picture potrayed in the brochure!! It was the tioga deluxe suite. The ensuite bath and dressing area is huge wt lots of storage space too. What more can a girl ask for?! The room also faces the forest behind; and we absolutely love the music tht was presented by mother nature - the sounds of birds, monkeys and insects.

However, our joy was shortlived. We went out almost immediately after checking in, and only came back when it was almost dark. To our dismay, not even a single towel could be found in the room!! Upon checking with housekeeping, we were informed that they were still waiting for the towels to arrive frm the laundry. At 7.30pm?! Its just unacceptable!

We also soon discovered that the room is not sound proof at all. We could hear every door opening and every chair moving! We were kept awake late into the night; and the too soft and too thin pillows didnt help either.

The next morning, we went to the buffet breakfast provided. It was packed and obviously under-staffed too. It was hard enough to get a table; but even harder to get someone to clear it. And when they finally got around to clearing it, we were left with a bare table - no cutlleries, cups or whatsoever. They also keep running out of plates and glasses. And yes, that means more waiting. Food selection was nothing to shout about either. Just the regular malaysian hotel buffet breakfast selection. Charges are rm48 per adult and rm26 per child. The next morning, we went to get our breakfast from a local coffee- shop.....and guess what, our total bill was rm26. Go figure!

Overall, we did enjoy Cameron Highlands and our room. We had all our meals outside (except for that single breakfast) and only went back to the hotel to rest, clean-up and sleep. And that worked well with us.

Do visit the Boh plantation in sungai palas. The drive up and down the narrow and winding road is not for the faint-hearted; but the view and the experience is more than worth it!!

Room Tip: If you are travelling wt a small family, do take the tioga rooms. They are more spacious and comes w...
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

During our brief visit through the Cameron Highlands we stayed at the Strawberry Park Resort. the location of the Hotel is slightly out the way (but this was not important as we had a guide plus a car and for the two days that we stayed at the hotel we were out and about eg tea plantation, butterfly farm etc). Our room was very pleasant, although a plug for the sink would have been nice !! During our stay we ate in both restaurants, the food in both areas being acceptable whilst not outstanding and the service friendly. In conclusion a pleasant, pieceful place to stay for a short period of time during our journey from KL to Penang.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you stay in a city with bad air,humidity 90% and overcrowded with people whom seems to be as stress as you are. You might like to visit Cameron Highland.

i had a "grab my passport and buy tickets for tonight's bus" trip arrangement made last minute as my urge to leave the country was beyond my control.

We were greeted by fresh air and beautiful flowers upon arrival at Strawberry Park Resort.
A quick check in and proceeded into our Studio Suite.

Suite is a strong word to use for hotelier. Perhaps they would like to review the word suite into something lighter instead.

The moment we stepped into the room, we are happy to see that it is spacious.
Generous room size.
But the feel or mood some may call is not there. Weathered furniture,even though they mentioned upgrading work had been done recently but still you'll know its weathered when you see one.The bathroom seems to be awkwardly designed by a 13 years old living in the early 70's retro-fusion era.
We do also have a cabinet with no decking by the entrance of the toilet, it is specifically designed for people or young children whom aren't comfortable the clean crisp cold air to hide in for the night to get some warmth.

Our greatest qualm is the lighting of the room, you've probably read my previous post in tripadvisor,im an fanatic when it comes to good lighting design in hotel rooms. The energy saving lamps makes me feel like im sleeping in a furniture warehouse, instead of the studio suite we've booked.

But in general, the room is nice ...only when you lie on the bed staring at the window space, looking at the flowers and greens, forgetting you are in a warehouse known as studio suite.

I like the thermal cabinet for heat shelter. Very thoughtful.

Room Tip: Get higher level. They only have 4 level with staircase access only. Since you are there for some h...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

It's located in a nice hide-away hilltop, with good view and nature around. However, it's so poorly managed! Not mentioning very old and poor condition of the property, the service is also terrible!

At 1pm, there is absolutely no one in the restaurant with full range of buffet options, which we thought a bit weird. After you sat down for a minute, then you realize why it's so quiet! Staff in the restaurant are so used to doing nothing, and our visit seemed to disturbed their quiet life.... they are poorly trained, and forgetful. every request takes at least 3 reminders to deliver, and food... omg.... please, if you ever happen to stay and visit this place, don't order anything western.. French onion soup was a disaster, and scone with jam/cream took more than 30 mins and is nowhere near what you expect from a strawberry farm/park

stay away from this place, or at lease wait until it's renovated and management changed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Strawberry Park Resort in Feb 2013. I had stayed in Strawberry Park Resort over ten years ago, as a child. I had remembered the place to be absolutely lovely, with an huge room and great bathtub, so thats why I booked it again.

On hindsight, perhaps childhood memories ought to remain that way.

It's still the same, but minus the bathtub (so much for the bath salts that I brought!). The property has also aged much from what I remember it to be; it looks more old and run down now, naturally! We didn't really explore the resort grounds very much, so I can't comment about that.

What I liked:
- Quiet, peaceful environment and close to nature. I could hear birds chirping and other jungle insects and whatnot from my room.
- Newly renovated deluxe room (but no bathtub! argh!) thoughtfully furnished, with a good shower and comfortable bed
- Cheaper hotel rates for Singaporeans and Malaysians
- Efficient laundry service

What I didn't like:
- No bathtub!
- Location! Bit silly I know, considering I knew about this, but I didn't expect taxi charges to be as high as RM$40 to and fro! Plus, if you call a cab you'd probably have to wait 15-20 minutes even though they tell you its only a 5 minute wait.
- Having paid extra for a deluxe room, I would have expected the balcony view to be great. It was smack facing the hilly jungle and you can see nothing but trees, plus there were a few insects eagerly seeking the safety and comfort of our hotel room.
- Breakfast variety was okay, but the quality and range were thoroughly average and forgettable.

Overall, its not a bad resort if you're looking for a quiet place away from the main tourist and town areas. Plus if you're Singaporean or Malaysian, the price is fairly good value.

However, If I were to come back to Cameron Highlands in future, I would probably stay someplace more convenient, scenic and closer to town like Equatorial or Cameron Highlands Resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This resort would be between 3 star and 4 star. The rooms are spartan but big and clean. The food was ok. The location was beautiful and unforgettable. I still remember this well though it was a few years back. If you want a quiet, rejuvenating and relaxing stay then strawberry Park resort is the right place for you.

Room Tip: Try to get the cottages which are wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Strawberry Park Resort? Share your experiences!