On our second day in Tanah Rata, my wife said, "I think you've got a little crush on Jay". I didn't deny it. I said, "Why wouldn't I have a little crush on someone who's smart, friendly, entertaining and very attractive".
As many others had said, Jay, who co-owns this place (with her husband Gerard) and manages this place (Gerard manages Father's Guest House, which they also own) is a big part of the attraction here. But there's a lot more to like. Gerard's is composed of several three bedroom apartments in a big apartment complex. The individual bedrooms are rented to guests. One room in each apartment has a private bathroom, while the other two share a bathroom. All three rooms share a common living room, dining space and kitchen (with fridge and dishes, but no cooking quipment other than a toaster and electric kettle). Views from our balcony were lovely. Our room was plenty large and the bed was very comfortable. Fixings for light breakfast are provided: bread, butter, cream cheese, milk, cereal, fruit, tea, coffee.
This is an excellent deal, although it is a bit of a walk to the town center (10 minutes going down the hill, more like 15 coming back up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gerard’s Place has been created with that homely ambiance in mind, offering the kind of peace and tranquility that one will seek for after travelling for days with a big heavy pack on the back in blistering lowlands’ daytime 35 Celsius heat. Gerard’s Place offers 8 tidy, comfortable, and spanking rooms for two, and a room for three. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Gerard's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gerard`s Place Hotel Tanah Rata
- Gerard's Place Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata