“Hard to beat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Lakewood Ranch
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Hard to beat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites for a week in March.
We found it very much to our liking - very difficult to find anything to be critical about.
All the staff we met were unfailingly pleasant and helpful, especially the lady who services the breakfast room, and the staff on reception.
Our room was very clean, the bedding was spotless, and the bed very comfortable.
We very much liked the position of the hotel, just if the I75 which gave us easy travel both North and South.
For us the complimentary breakfast was probably the best we have every had - plenty of choice, and everything replenished very regularly.
We would love to return for another stay.

Room Tip: Ours was in floor 3 overlooking the swimming pool, and was just fine. Can't comment on any of th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Don't get me wrong this is not a bad motel, the problem is you do not get what you pay for. The room was clean if you don't mind the lines of mold if the bathroom or the scuffs along the baseboards. The ac worked well even if you had no control over the temperature or the fan speed. The staff was nice, but they would not stop the loud music at the pool 10:30pm even if posted hours for the pool had it closing at 10:00 (bongo music no less, and loud enough to wake us up on the third floor). For the $200 plus rate I guess I expect more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
rferguson, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear dho67,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the problems you had during your stay. I can assure you we will look into these issues as they are not the standard for our hotel. While we strive to exceed expectations for every guest, we occasionally mess up and we need to fix the problems as quickly as possible.

If you get a free minute, could you let us know what room you were in so we can solve some of these problems and make amends with you for your stay?

Our busy season is coming to a close and while we make certain we are competitive in the marketplace, the rates are definitely higher in February and March than the rest of the year. The good news, they are coming down and are a better value the year!

Rob Ferguson
Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I normally do not stay in Fairfield Inns when I am on business travel, but the hotels in the area were full. In spite of my initial reluctance, I was pleased with my stay. In some ways the hotel was very average. Breakfast, free internet, and free coffee around the clock we all a part of my stay. Breakfast is basic but not bad. The common areas of the hotel are comfortable and inviting. I think this is especially true of their breakfast room. I noticed the carpet near the elevator on my floor was stained and in need of cleaning. Otherwise, most part of the hotel looked new. I stayed here for an entire work week. At the time of my stay, most hotels did not have vacancies for an entire week. Those that did were quite expensive. The hotel was a good value. The hotel staff were friendly in all of my interactions with them. This hotel is conveniently located near restaurants and shopping. It is down the road a few miles from the Sarasota Airport with easy access on and off I-75. I would be happy to stay here again in the future and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Good Hotel in Convenient Location for driving to Siesta Beach and Ringling Estate.
Breakfast is very basic with disposable wear. Late arrivals for Breakfast ('till 9am) arriving after 8.30 may go without hot food(scrambled egg or sausage). No safes in rooms which is very surprising for such a large Hotel. Very helpful staff. Nice outdoor pool and exercise room, also guests laundry facility.
Nearby Restaurant Chilli's worth a visit. For Fish Lovers 'The Lucky Pelican' also within walking distance is very good. For plain good food 'Ruby Tuesday' is 5 minutes by car.

Room Tip: It is a quite location and noise was not an issue
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel is very nice. Clean, updated and has a very nice breakfast. The rooms were smaller than we expected, but nicely furnished. Every employee we came in contact with was pleasant and conversational. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed here while attending a fundraising event nearby. The hotel is clean, quiet, and in a good location. The rooms are large. The front desk staff were all friendly and check-in was a breeze. My only recommendation for this hotel is to stay on the top floor. These hotels (let's be honest, the architecture and styles are all pretty much the same) are built with frame construction, and you can hear footsteps from the room above you. I was on the top floor, so I didn't have to deal with this. But I could tell that my own footsteps were making a lot of noise on the wooden subfloor.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor. These hotels (let's be honest, the architecture and styles are all prett...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Port Huron, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This hotel must be the last to offer warm cookies upon arrival. A small gesture but so good at the end of the day. Big thanks to the staff that does this.Staff very friendly and willing to do anything extra to accommodate guests.
Rooms really clean and like the floor plan of the suite where the bathroom is not off the bedroom. A/C was really quiet although not central. Great breakfast.. better than most because there are more hot choices as well as fresh fruit and boiled eggs instead of just scrambled.

Farther from the beach than the Marriott cluster by the airport but good place for shopping and restaurants...you can walk to eat.

We chose to stay here the second time around and would choose here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch? Share your experiences!